Fluke: Slurs won't silence women

I love the Republican Party.

They have handed us the election on a silver platter.

They want to kill Medicare, Social Security, Planned Parenthood, contraception insurance, and women's reproductive rights.

They are going to get killed in November.
Sorry, the economy turned off the power to those political third rails.

Fluke and other students at that college were somehow able to come up with $45,000 tuition, $20,000 room and board annually, but she insists that many of her friends there suffered dire medical consequences because they couldn't figure out how to get to Walmart for cheap contraceptives.

I'm not at all impressed with this woman and question her intelligence. She was giving this whiny speech at a hearing to determine the constitutionality of government forcing religious organizations to provide certain coverage. Her words were meant to garner sympathy and had nothing to add to the hearings. She was bought in at the last minute to muddy the waters when the Dems realized they had no good argument for government forcing people to do certain things. They thought women's groups would get riled up and feel sorry for this pathetic student who couldn't obtain cheap birth control on her own and would pressure Obama to do something and the whole legality question would not be addressed. It almost worked, but people aren't as stupid as the libs thought.

Or planned parenthood for free birth control. I dont think this came close to working at all. Notice they are not holding her up as new Jesus anymore ? Matter of fact, it looks like they dumped her all together. With gas heading to $5.00 a gallon, and the majority of the country worried about getting bills paid I think they realized how stupid it was to make a big deal over this stupid slut. Especially since she will make $100,000 + out of law school. Libs should be pissed at this woman. She wants the 1% to have free birth control.

Rush Limbaugh & Co are learning this lesson well. The GOP will pay dearly at the ballot-box come Nov. 2012 for their devious war on women.

Sandra Fluke: Slurs won't silence women - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Last month, students from several Catholic universities gathered to send a message to the nation that contraception is basic health care. I was among them, and I was proud to share the stories of my friends at Georgetown Law who have suffered dire medical consequences because our student insurance does not cover contraception for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

I joined these students in speaking at a media event because I believe that stories of how real women are affected are the most powerful argument for access to affordable, quality reproductive health care services.

I also joined these students because now is a critical time to raise this issue in our public consciousness.

Read the rest of article at the source.

Slurs won't silence those who fight for our first ammendment right of religious freedom and the concept of separation of church and state either ;)

Just sayin

Fluke has disappeared off the front page and lives in prominence in the minds of liberals. Rush is still on the air and still has plenty of sponsors.

The administration is continuing its war on Americans by handing the trial lawyer lobby a fat new cause of action that they can mine for millions.

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly. Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature. The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves. None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio.../20/gIQAgWGkPR_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

Rush isn't a private citizen. He himself calls himself an entertainer, and as he's a wealthy man, he's hardly a common man, even though he's a common jerk.

Anyone claim he is a common man? Doesnt mean he isnt a private citizen, unless of course you can point to a public office he holds.

He's a man with some notoriety. He can't call himself a private citizen or a common man (probably "ordinary citizen" instead of common man would have been better). He is a jerk, though. Pure and simple.

Notoriety doesnt change the fact that he isnt in public office.

Fluke and other students at that college were somehow able to come up with $45,000 tuition, $20,000 room and board annually, but she insists that many of her friends there suffered dire medical consequences because they couldn't figure out how to get to Walmart for cheap contraceptives.

I'm not at all impressed with this woman and question her intelligence. She was giving this whiny speech at a hearing to determine the constitutionality of government forcing religious organizations to provide certain coverage. Her words were meant to garner sympathy and had nothing to add to the hearings. She was bought in at the last minute to muddy the waters when the Dems realized they had no good argument for government forcing people to do certain things. They thought women's groups would get riled up and feel sorry for this pathetic student who couldn't obtain cheap birth control on her own and would pressure Obama to do something and the whole legality question would not be addressed. It almost worked, but people aren't as stupid as the libs thought.

Some are as stupid as libs thought. I wonder if all this isnt more to rile up their base than anything else.

I love the Republican Party.

They have handed us the election on a silver platter.

They want to kill Medicare, Social Security, Planned Parenthood, contraception insurance, and women's reproductive rights.

They are going to get killed in November.

Unfortunately, after Obama loses the election and they realize they arent going to have power much longer, the radicals may try to do that.

Or planned parenthood for free birth control. I dont think this came close to working at all. Notice they are not holding her up as new Jesus anymore ? Matter of fact, it looks like they dumped her all together. With gas heading to $5.00 a gallon, and the majority of the country worried about getting bills paid I think they realized how stupid it was to make a big deal over this stupid slut. Especially since she will make $100,000 + out of law school. Libs should be pissed at this woman. She wants the 1% to have free birth control.

I did. But it is consistant with what the scriptures say about these type of people:

And thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell (Alma 30:60)

They will use anyone who will let them, and when they are no longer needed or useful, they will toss them aside.

Or planned parenthood for free birth control.

OMG, what's wrong with that woman!?! She just wants free shit that other other people pay for. She should just got to Planned Parenthood and get free shit that other people pay for.

Yeah, you think she would be happy that she already has what she wants, but no she wants more for some odd reason.

Fluke has disappeared off the front page and lives in prominence in the minds of liberals. Rush is still on the air and still has plenty of sponsors.

The administration is continuing its war on Americans by handing the trial lawyer lobby a fat new cause of action that they can mine for millions.

Heck, he's getting new sponsors daily.

OMG, what's wrong with that woman!?! She just wants free shit that other other people pay for. She should just got to Planned Parenthood and get free shit that other people pay for.

Never was about free shit. Thats the point. This whole thing was hopeless grasping for an issue by a desperate administration. The proof that this was a loser is the fact that Saundra Fuke is on her way to media mediocrity. This slut statement is among some of the most mundane of Limbaugh's stunts. A few years ago, there was the little song parody he did titled "Barak the magic negro", not a peep from the peanut gallery on that one because he was loved, admired, and could do no wrong. The administration would have loved for that one to come up again so they could play the race card like all cowards do when they lose. But all they got was this to try and distract the country from this administrations failure, and it just did not work. It was a fake issue. It still is a fake issue.

WASHINGTON -- A group of Virginians has formed a political action committee to defeat state lawmakers who have been going after access to abortion and contraception, planning to support pro-choice men and women to take their place.

The Women's Strike Force will be raising money and actively recruiting candidates of all political parties who support women's reproductive rights.

Leslie Byrne, the first woman elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia, is one of the leaders of the PAC.

"A number of us were bemoaning the fact that the Virginia legislature had turned into a cross between a frat house and a clown college," she said.

Women's Strike Force: Pro-Choice PAC Starts Up In Virginia To Defeat Backers Of Ultrasound Legislation

Nearly two-thirds of Americans favor President Barack Obama’s policy requiring birth control coverage for female employees, including clear majorities of Roman Catholic, Protestant evangelical and independent voters, a poll showed on Thursday.

A Kaiser Family Foundation survey of 1,500 adults showed public opinion breaking more strongly according to party affiliation than gender on contraceptives, with 83 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of independents and 42 percent of Republicans favoring the policy.

Sixty-three percent of Americans overall supported it, according to the data.

63 percent favor Obama birth control policy | Updated News

Never was about free shit. Thats the point. This whole thing was hopeless grasping for an issue by a desperate administration. The proof that this was a loser is the fact that Saundra Fuke is on her way to media mediocrity. This slut statement is among some of the most mundane of Limbaugh's stunts. A few years ago, there was the little song parody he did titled "Barak the magic negro", not a peep from the peanut gallery on that one because he was loved, admired, and could do no wrong. The administration would have loved for that one to come up again so they could play the race card like all cowards do when they lose. But all they got was this to try and distract the country from this administrations failure, and it just did not work. It was a fake issue. It still is a fake issue.

Actually, they tried to make the "Barack the magic negro" song parody a big deal. Problem is it was parodying an article from a leftist in the LA Times calling Barack the magic negro.

Kind of hard to have righteous outrage that is taken seriously when someone makes fun of your characterization of someone.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans favor President Barack Obama’s policy requiring birth control coverage for female employees, including clear majorities of Roman Catholic, Protestant evangelical and independent voters, a poll showed on Thursday.

A Kaiser Family Foundation survey of 1,500 adults showed public opinion breaking more strongly according to party affiliation than gender on contraceptives, with 83 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of independents and 42 percent of Republicans favoring the policy.

Sixty-three percent of Americans overall supported it, according to the data.

63 percent favor Obama birth control policy | Updated News

A good number of Americans want the TSA abolished and the tax code reformed, Marijuana decriminalized, NAFTA killed among other things. There is also the favorite statement made by libs that "the constitution is there to protect the minority from the majority". So, using liberal logic, who cares what 63 percent of Americans think the Catholic church should provide ?

Forum List

Back