Flu Shot

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
WTF. Every time I get one of these shots to keep myself from getting sick, within 24 hours, I start getting sick.

Headache, the beginning of a fever, chills, sore throat.

WHEN WILL I LEARN THAT THE FLU SHOT IS JUST ANOTHER CORPORATE CONSPIRACY TO MAKE PEOPLE SICK?

That's because they're injecting you with a mild dose of the actual flu bug.

And if your immune system happens to be in a weakened state at the time, you could come down with the flu.

That's because they're injecting you with a mild dose of the actual flu bug.

And if your immune system happens to be in a weakened state at the time, you could come down with the flu.

That's not true. The flu vax is not a live virus vaccine. There is no concern with giving it to immuno-compromised people.

Some people, for whatever reason, just have adverse reactions to vaccines. It still beats the flu (the actual flu, and not what people call the flu which is every mild upper respiratory virus they pass through their system all year).

I love the guilt trip they try to lay on you: If you don't get the shot, you're putting all the immune-compromised folks at risk, people who are not healthy enough to get their own shot.

Fuck that. If I got the flu I wouldn't leave the house. Blow me. :thup:

• Banned
My company encourages us to get them. Usually, I'm traveling for work when they hold the clinic in the office, so I'm off the hook. This year, no such excuse. :evil:

I love the guilt trip they try to lay on you: If you don't get the shot, you're putting all the immune-compromised folks at risk, people who are not healthy enough to get their own shot.

Fuck that. If I got the flu I wouldn't leave the house. Blow me. :thup:

There is absolutely no reason why the immuno-compromised can't get the flu shot.

In fact, it's encouraged. They need it more then the general population.

CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - HIV/AIDS and the Flu

My company encourages us to get them. Usually, I'm traveling for work when they hold the clinic in the office, so I'm off the hook. This year, no such excuse. :evil:

It's your health. Why do you need an excuse? Just opt out of it.

You know why your company encourages you to get them? It's cheaper then paying for sick days.

WTF. Every time I get one of these shots to keep myself from getting sick, within 24 hours, I start getting sick.

Headache, the beginning of a fever, chills, sore throat.

Perhaps being in good health to begin with would be a good start

My health appeared to be perfectly fine prior to the shot. I mean, I have hypothyroidism, which can somewhat lower your immune system, but other than that, I'm as healthy as a horse.

We are coming up on the time of the year when the federal government threatens Americans that Capt. Trip will kill them unless they line up, get flu shots and bow down to the benevolence of the CDC.

Forum List

Back