Floridians Pissed: Clinton Pushed Black Candidate To Get Out Of Race!!!

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Bill Clinton is in trouble and this time Floridians are upset because he tried to get a black candidate to quit the race so Christ could win. I think this will not go over well with minorities and that this will reflect in the polls on Nov 2nd. What gets me is the nations first black president throws a hail mary by asking the only black candidate in the race to drop out.

Read more: Bill Clinton pushed Kendrick Meek to quit Florida race - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Bill Clinton sought to persuade Rep. Kendrick Meek to drop out of the race for Senate during a trip to Florida last week — and nearly succeeded.

Meek agreed — twice — to drop out and endorse Gov. Charlie Crist’s independent bid in a last-ditch effort to stop Marco Rubio, the Republican nominee who stands on the cusp of national stardom.

Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote. His withdrawal, polls suggest, would throw core Democratic voters to the moderate governor, rocking a complicated three-way contest and likely throwing the election to Crist.

The former president’s top aide, Doug Band, initially served as the intermediary between Meek and Crist, and Clinton became involved only when Meek signaled that he would seriously consider the option, Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna confirmed to POLITICO.

“The argument was: ‘You can be a hero here. You can stop him, you can change this race in one swoop,’” said another Democrat familiar with the conversations, who said Clinton had bluntly told Meek that he couldn’t win the race.

Update: Obama campaigned for Meeks last week
Bars, concert, comedy and attraction listings | HeraldTribune.com

Last edited:
It's politics. It's not as if Meek had the ability to draw a large AA turnout anyway. He's not an Obama or a Sharpton, and he's certainly not a Bill Clinton. Blacks care as much about this as we would if Crist dropped out. Sink has a far better chance of bringing out the black vote than Meek and the dems in general, that just happens to be crist's only hope for winning as well.

Bill Clinton is in trouble and this time Floridians are upset because he tried to get a black candidate to quit the race so Christ could win. I think this will not go over well with minorities and that this will reflect in the polls on Nov 2nd. What gets me is the nations first black president throws a hail mary by asking the only black candidate in the race to drop out.

Read more: Bill Clinton pushed Kendrick Meek to quit Florida race - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Bill Clinton sought to persuade Rep. Kendrick Meek to drop out of the race for Senate during a trip to Florida last week — and nearly succeeded.

Meek agreed — twice — to drop out and endorse Gov. Charlie Crist’s independent bid in a last-ditch effort to stop Marco Rubio, the Republican nominee who stands on the cusp of national stardom.

Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote. His withdrawal, polls suggest, would throw core Democratic voters to the moderate governor, rocking a complicated three-way contest and likely throwing the election to Crist.

The former president’s top aide, Doug Band, initially served as the intermediary between Meek and Crist, and Clinton became involved only when Meek signaled that he would seriously consider the option, Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna confirmed to POLITICO.

“The argument was: ‘You can be a hero here. You can stop him, you can change this race in one swoop,’” said another Democrat familiar with the conversations, who said Clinton had bluntly told Meek that he couldn’t win the race.

Did I miss the part where anyone confirmed Obama had something to do with this?

Um, yes.

Crist said tonight he was involved with Clinton, the White House, and Meek, and it was a co-ordinated effort. He said Meek backed out at the last minute.

So it looks like Democrats believe the way to beat a Republican is to get the Democrat to drop out of the race.

I could not care less about Kendrick Meek. But as a Democrat in Congress, he knows first hand about getting stabbed in the neck by the Obama administration.

All Kendrick Meek has is his dignity.

Strange, the moment Palin, O’Donnell or Paul does something it is the entire GOPs fault, but have an ex-president who is a democrat do something and he is far removed from Obama and the democrats.

CaféAuLait;2904125 said:

Strange, the moment Palin, O’Donnell or Paul does something it is the entire GOPs fault, but have an ex-president who is a democrat do something and he is far removed from Obama and the democrats.

Is that a yes or a no or are you just wasting my time?

CaféAuLait;2904125 said:

Crist said the White House was in on it.

CaféAuLait;2904125 said:

Crist said the White House was in on it.

That would be hearsay.

Who cares? What is "wrong" about this?

Please, someone explain the "outrage" here, this is standard practice.

Democrats talking candidates from their own party into dropping out five days from the election so an independent can win is "standard practice?"

Meek is at 15%. He is unelectable, and is, de facto, the third party candidate. As a purely mathematical problem (which I am aware it is not)

the best answer, from the Democrats' perspective, is for Meek to drop out.

Hearsay does not mean Charlie Crist, who was a first hand witness of the conversation, related it for all the world to hear. That would require a third person who admittedly was not a party to the meeting.

So either Crist is a liar, or Bill Clinton is a liar.

Clinton to CNN: I spoke with Meek twice – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

He said he thought it was important that Meek not discuss the issue with the White House, and instead do whatever he thought was right.

Last edited:

Democrats talking candidates from their own party into dropping out five days from the election so an independent can win is "standard practice?"

Yes. It's standard practice on both sides.

Remember Lieberman?

Shhh....! Be quiet...they don't want to talk about nor continue to defend The Stomper any more. Let 'em try.

LOL!!!!

Forum List

Back