Florida Wants to Kill Kids

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

There is no such thing as "gun safety."

Chris, that's the biggest bunch of BS I've heard in a very long time. There is most definitely such a thing as gun safety. Then again some of us are smart enough that if we were given a choice between kids and guns we'd pick the guns.

Chris, that's the biggest bunch of BS I've heard in a very long time. There is most definitely such a thing as gun safety. Then again some of us are smart enough that if we were given a choice between kids and guns we'd pick the guns.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of a gun death.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of a gun death.
7 times more likely than what?
No one in my family has been injured or killed by a gun since the Civil War.

Seems to me the question need not be asked. The doctor can give a 2 minute dissertation on guns without knowing if there are guns in the home.
Had my childrens' pediatrician asked me if there were guns in my home, I'd have told him that it was none of his fucking business, but there was one on my person. Had he bitched, I would have left with our records too.

I love how the left warps statistics. In accidental firearm deaths in children, they include kids up to the age of 25, and consider homicide "accidental"
If you illegally own a gun, I'd bet, you or a member of your family is 100 times more likely to die of a gun death.

Yup. Thousands of innocent children will be slaughtered if this legislation.

What qualifies a doctor to give advice about gun safety??

Critics: New Gun Law Will Kill Kids - Yahoo! News

Ummmm...........probably their MEDICAL degrees, and the fact that because they see so many children in a month, not only do they understand their medical issues, but they also understand the psychology of a child BETTER (generally) than their parents do.

I didnt realize that medical school included courses in firearms and their safe handling. Which medical school did you go to? Not for your medical degree, to get treated for gay bowel syndrome after getting grease gun enemas 30 days straight.
Doctors do not understand children better than their parents. You obviously don't have children. Of course I could have predicted that since you like the wrong hole.

I respectfully disagree or just have seen above average doctors.

Even the young john stamos looking fella doing the overnight shift at the baby factory hospital had good advice for me. And I knew to ask questions. By kid three or four I might have it covered. However I sure will be asking them doctors questions every time I think one up.

Doctors and who ever else should be able to give advice but not "catalog" which parents have guns.

I believe it's okay for a (concerned) pediatrician to offer advice on gun safety in the home, either verbally or via handout brochure. But such advice should not be preceded or accompanied by questions as to whether or not a patient possesses firearms. Any such inquiry would be insidious if required or encouraged by government.

God damn! You guys are completely around the bend. Yes, a gun in a home with small children is a definate danger to those children. There are enough adults hurt and killed every year from mishandling guns, and the number of children hurt by guns that they should never have had access to is appalling.

I am a gun owner and have been since I was 12 years old. I was taught, and have taught my children, that a gun is the most dangerous tool you will own. You are responsible for your use of it, you are responsible for keeping out of the hands of children and anybody else that should not have access to it.

The report of a child hurt or killed by a gun left where the child has easy access is an all too common news item. For you fruitloops I propose an additional law. Any parent that is careless enough with the storing of a weopon that a child gets that gun and kills or injures another child or himself, it is an automatic death penalty for that parent.

HOW ever did our forbearer's survive?

GOD yer stupid Rocks.

T, perhaps I am confused by your expression of anger. Are you saying guns are not a danger to children if improperly stored like Rocks said?

Or are you mad he is a gun owner since twelve? Your anger just does not make sense to me.

I inherited one and just like the tools in my garage consider it dangerous for my son to be around. Do you disagree?

What questions is it legal for the doc to ask? Mine always asks my son if he wears a seatbelt everytime he is in the car, wears protection when using any wheeled toy, if anyone smokes in the house. I don't think I heard anything about guns yet.

Should those be illegal also?

And why don't the insurance companies just ask directly when writing the policy? They should know if guns are in the house and what risk level they are when rating policies, shouldn't they?

What questions is it legal for the doc to ask? Mine always asks my son if he wears a seatbelt everytime he is in the car, wears protection when using any wheeled toy, if anyone smokes in the house. I don't think I heard anything about guns yet.

Should those be illegal also?

And why don't the insurance companies just ask directly when writing the policy? They should know if guns are in the house and what risk level they are when rating policies, shouldn't they?

They are private companies, that have little to no connection to the government. If I recall, the Fed will have access to our private medical records.

Life ins companies ask if you smoke, sky dive, mountain climb, medical history and weight. If you don't fill it out, they don't do business with you.

If anything, owning a gun should lower your rates over all. It's far better for a woman to explain to the cops why she emptied her pistol into an intruder than have the same cop explain to her parents why it took to long for them to get there.

If anything, owning a gun should lower your rates over all. It's far better for a woman to explain to the cops why she emptied her pistol into an intruder than have the same cop explain to her parents why it took to long for them to get there.

Again, that risk assessment should be separate from a doc's ability to ask kids about basic safety questions. A doc should be able to ask a kid if there is a gun in the house, is it kept locked up, do you know not to touch it or have you had gun safety classes. Which is what I would assume would be discussed if the mere asking of the question didn't cause some kneejerk panties-in-a-wad reactions from paranoid gun-owners. Who are then pandered to by politicians that overstep their authority.

I love how the left warps statistics. In accidental firearm deaths in children, they include kids up to the age of 25, and consider homicide "accidental"
If you illegally own a gun, I'd bet, you or a member of your family is 100 times more likely to die of a gun death.

The only warping is being done by you.

So, doctors ask about guns in Florida? I don't get why this is even a big deal on either side.
I have never once been asked about having guns in the home when taking my child to the doctor, and never talked to about gun safety. :confused:

What qualifies a doctor to give advice about gun safety??

Doc Holliday?

doc-holliday.jpg

Last week, the state legislature approved a bill that would make it legal to impose punishment on doctors who ask about guns kept in the home
Hmmmmm....I didn't think it was any of a quacks damn business how many guns are in MY house.

Why should you have to tell your doctor to fuck off? When your potential employer asks if you're a Catholic do you tell him to fuck off?

You know what I could use more of between me and my doctor? The government! Why let a patient or parent discuss the boundaries of the doctor-patient relationship with the doctor directly, when they can just have the legislature define it for them?

Small government conservatism™ has become a little more paternalistic than I remember but okay.

If I recall, the Fed will have access to our private medical records.

Believing all the fictional bullshit you heard somewhere is no way to go through life.

Forum List

Back