Oil, the Saudis and Bin Laden.........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ABikerSailor, May 6, 2011.

1. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,499
    You know........there's been a lot of coverage over the past week about Bin Laden and some of what he stood for. One of his ideas was to kick anyone out of his country, and then could say that their system of govt. didn't work. He did it with the Soviets, and when their country fractured, he stated that he'd taken down Communism.

He then set his sights on democracy and the United States. Anyone notice that the price of oil was less than 30 bucks a barrel before 9/11? And........did anyone notice that oil dropped below 100 bucks a barrel after Bin Laden was killed?

There's also his connection with the Saudis, as well as a lot of financing given to him by them. And.......all of 'em were wealthy.

Apparently, Bin Laden had talked to the Saudis and used the 9/11 attacks to generate fear, and then start driving up the price of oil gradually, until the US had spent an obscene amount of money and lives in the Iraq war, so to hit us with a double whammy, he and the Saudis started driving up the price, resulting in the US ending up in the poorhouse and destroyed financially. Matter of fact, economic collapse was part of his plan.

Me personally? I hope that the death of Bin Laden is enough to drive the price of oil down to 70 buck a barrel.

Then lets see if the garbage about unrest in the ME is the cause of high gas prices.

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    So, Osama and Obama were, in fact, working towards the same end. Man, I so did not see that coming.

3. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,499
    Actually, it was the oil man Jr. who was being led around by the nose by Bin Laden and his associates like Mubarik.

Do try to keep up.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Really? Cuz I'm quietly confident I can provide evidence of Obama's support for European level gas prices in the US.

Oh, and one about the necessity of.... hmmmm.... how did he phrase it now? Yea.... energy costs will 'skyrocket'.

Osama and Obama. Two men, one aim. One dead.

5. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    So fear of Bin Laden is what made oil prices go up? what the fuck? I would have tried to kill him years ago if I knew this was the case!

6. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    NOOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE SAY YOU ARE KIDDING!:eusa_pray:

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,318
    Materially, Bin Laden won. Up to this point. His desire to inflict massive economic damage on the US succeeded to the tune of trillions of dollars.

8. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,499
    Well........first off, it's the Saudis that have all the oil. Bin Laden told them that he would cause a disturbance (9/11), and then because of all the unrest, as well as the fact that the Taliban and Al Queda are all in the ME, they could blame cutting production on the fact that there are so many terrorists running around. As they slowly reduced production, the prices started to rise, and then the speculators started buying futures in oil, which drove the price up even further.

BTW........because of the stockbrokers buying futures based in fear and inflating the price, that gallon of gas you put in your car is costing 38 cents extra.

Oh........and here's another little gem..........remember who it was that talked Scotland into letting the Lockerbie bomber go? Yep............that's right........it was BP that negotiated the deal.

9. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,907
    :lol:
    Quote of the day IMHO.

10. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    So basically at this point even though Usama is dead, nothings really going to change as far as the fear because there are still plenty of terrorists out there.