Flatbread.

I love it.

Anyone got a good recipe?
Roasted vegetables.

Eggplant, zucchini, red bell peppers, onion, mushroom, olives, and romain lettuce.

Feta cheese, grilled chicken, and hummus will make a good flat bread sandwich.

Thyme, salt and pepper for seasoning.

Do you know how to make the bread itself?
That is something the Mrs. will know better than me.

I will ask her advice and pass it on.

Spread softened cream cheese on your flat bread, sprinkle monterey jack cheese on top, bake until cheese is melted, top with fresh diced jalapeno, cilantro and fresh lime juice.

I made homemade tortillas a while back....the kids gobbled them.

They were nothing like store bought :)

• Banned
I made homemade tortillas a while back....the kids gobbled them.

They were nothing like store bought :)

The guy on the cooking show today said there was no comparison between homemade and store bought.

It prompted my interest.
I'm not sure mine were like tortillas anywhere lol.

But you were right..it is just bread without yeast. Flour, lard, salt, water.

make a dough, let it rest, roll into little balls and flatten them however you want...some people use a rolling pin I used my hands, cooked them in a dry skillet stack them up.

KG.

Sometimes I go to the Turkish Quarter to eat these:

FlatBread868MBS-696x557.jpg

Gözleme is made from a non-yeasted dough called yufka, which is pliable and easy to work into a thin round.

There's also an Arab guy up there who makes the bread over an open flame, while you wait.

KG.

Gözleme is made from a non-yeasted dough called yufka, which is pliable and easy to work into a thin round.

There's also an Arab guy up there who makes the bread over an open flame, while you wait.
I think Mexicans call those tortillas.

Down south we had flatcake. Except it wasn't cake. It was bread. It was a big gosh darned biscuit the size of a dinner plate.

KG.

I think Mexicans call those tortillas.
It's not the same as a tortilla. Tortillas arent made with yogurt.

New Topics

Forum List

Back