Flatbread.

KG.

Sometimes I go to the Turkish Quarter to eat these:

FlatBread868MBS-696x557.jpg

Gözleme is made from a non-yeasted dough called yufka, which is pliable and easy to work into a thin round.

There's also an Arab guy up there who makes the bread over an open flame, while you wait.
My mom made what she called *dodgers* which were just flour, salt, lard or crisco and baking powder, fried. But she said she was raised to call those *frybread* and actually started calling them dodgers after my DAD's mom told her that's what her people called them. They were from the south by way of OK and Missouri lol.

I make fry bread with yeast because I like it best. But that was an adult thing..when I was young I just made it with baking powder like I'd been taught. My Apache friends make ash cakes every year. That has no yeast, they make it on rocks outside, in the fire.

I love it.

Anyone got a good recipe?
Roasted vegetables.

Eggplant, zucchini, red bell peppers, onion, mushroom, olives, and romain lettuce.

Feta cheese, grilled chicken, and hummus will make a good flat bread sandwich.

Thyme, salt and pepper for seasoning.

Do you know how to make the bread itself?
We use this recipe.
Homemade Flat Bread
You can always count on the food Network for a simple solution. lol.

I love it.

Anyone got a good recipe?
Roasted vegetables.

Eggplant, zucchini, red bell peppers, onion, mushroom, olives, and romain lettuce.

Feta cheese, grilled chicken, and hummus will make a good flat bread sandwich.

Thyme, salt and pepper for seasoning.

Do you know how to make the bread itself?
We use this recipe.
Homemade Flat Bread
You can always count on the food Network for a simple solution. lol.
In all actuality I count on my wife. She tried a bunch of different recipes, that was the one she stuck with. :)
I like it.

Forum List

Back