Flat Tax

Why can't the rich pay more taxes they have more money it all boils down to one word GREED.
I would call it greedy for you to be demanding other people's money. It's also called avarice and a lot of other unflattering things.
See froggy, this is the bad argument Republicans keep making as they lower taxes on the rich. What they are trying won't work and isn't fair.

But they've spun it so it sounds like the rich are paying more than their fair share.

They may have been before Reagan but not since.

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts

Nobles Need Not Pay Taxes
The best way to solve the tax problem is to downsize the government to the max so that it does not need that much money
Is that happening?

When you look at the federal budget, it looks like about half to two thirds of the budget goes to defense.
But that is not accurate, because things like VA and GIBill actually are defense costs, but they are hidden in the social services category instead.
And then there is interest on the national debt. That is not part of the budget, but the reality is that almost all the national debt is from defense spending, so once you add the interest on past defense spending, the reality is that about 75% of our taxes goes to defense.
And that seems incredibly wasteful since we were never actually attacked since 1812.

(The WTC and Pearl Harbor were not actually attacks on the nation. No troops were landed and there was no invasion.)
You publish more bullshit that any member of this forum. defense spending is 18% of the budget, moron, not two thirds. The VA is a small part of the budget, and the GI bill is over Only a small part of the debt is from defense spending.

I'd say ok to a three tier flat tax as long as the first $50,000 was exempt from tax for everyone.

50-150 - 30%
150-250 - 40%
250 up - 55%

Yes a little high but historically very low. We cannot sustain the mounting debt and the poor and middle class cannot pay it down. But it has to be brought under control and paid down, with cuts AND taxes.
By definition, that is not a flat tax, it's a progressive tax.

Why should they get to use our money to make more profits for their business? Do ewe like the government subsidising businesses? If ewe do ewe are a th king commie!
How is it your money? The 16th Amendment authorizes the federal government to tax income. Income = gross revenues - expenses. How is the cost of raw materials, plant and equipment not an expense?

He sure they aren't paying their taxes, that .org has to come from someone else and that someone is ewe! Nice to know ewe are for the government subsidising businesses! See are a commie!
You didn't answer the question, moron. How is the cost of materials, plant and equipment not a business expense?

I answered your question in the first reply. Why am I paying for a business to make money? I am paying because they are reducing their tax rate and in order for the government to make up for the short fall they come to see ewe and I!
You aren't, you fucking moron. Materials, plant and equipment are business expenses. They are subtracted from gross revenue to get income. Until you get that irrefutable fact through your thick skull there is no point in continuing this discussion.

They are making profit with those raw materials and equipment. They should pay for it not ewe and I, try getting that through your think skull ewe fucking commie.

How is it your money? The 16th Amendment authorizes the federal government to tax income. Income = gross revenues - expenses. How is the cost of raw materials, plant and equipment not an expense?

He sure they aren't paying their taxes, that .org has to come from someone else and that someone is ewe! Nice to know ewe are for the government subsidising businesses! See are a commie!
You didn't answer the question, moron. How is the cost of materials, plant and equipment not a business expense?

I answered your question in the first reply. Why am I paying for a business to make money? I am paying because they are reducing their tax rate and in order for the government to make up for the short fall they come to see ewe and I!
You aren't, you fucking moron. Materials, plant and equipment are business expenses. They are subtracted from gross revenue to get income. Until you get that irrefutable fact through your thick skull there is no point in continuing this discussion.

They are making profit with those raw materials and equipment. They should pay for it not ewe and I, try getting that through your think skull ewe fucking commie.
ROFL! The profit gets taxed away if they can't deduct the cost, you fucking moron. Do you even know what the word "income" means? If they have negative income because the cost of materials, plant and equipment is greater than their revenue, they haven't made any profit!

Please learn the meaning of the term "income" before you post again.

ROFL! The profit gets taxed away if they can't deduct the cost, you fucking moron. Do you even know what the word "income" means? If they have negative income because the cost of materials, plant and equipment is greater than their revenue, they haven't made any profit!

So if they are not profitable they go out of business. Why do ewe think we should subsidize their business with tax breaks? It is because ewe are a commie piece of shit!

So if they are not profitable they go out of business. Why do ewe think we should subsidize their business with tax breaks? It is because ewe are a commie piece of shit!
Even if they are profitable, the government will tax them out of business. You don't even know what the term "profit" means. Learn the definition of the term "income," you fucking moron.

Even if they are profitable, the government will tax them out of business. You don't even know what the term "profit" means. Learn the definition of the term "income," you fucking moron.

I know ewe do not believe in the free market. Ewe believe government should subsidize your precious corporations. In fact that makes ewe a fucking commie.

I would call it greedy for you to be demanding other people's money. It's also called avarice and a lot of other unflattering things.
See froggy, this is the bad argument Republicans keep making as they lower taxes on the rich. What they are trying won't work and isn't fair.

But they've spun it so it sounds like the rich are paying more than their fair share.

The best way to solve the tax problem is to downsize the government to the max so that it does not need that much money
Is that happening?

When you look at the federal budget, it looks like about half to two thirds of the budget goes to defense.
But that is not accurate, because things like VA and GIBill actually are defense costs, but they are hidden in the social services category instead.
And then there is interest on the national debt. That is not part of the budget, but the reality is that almost all the national debt is from defense spending, so once you add the interest on past defense spending, the reality is that about 75% of our taxes goes to defense.
And that seems incredibly wasteful since we were never actually attacked since 1812.

(The WTC and Pearl Harbor were not actually attacks on the nation. No troops were landed and there was no invasion.)
You publish more bullshit that any member of this forum. defense spending is 18% of the budget, moron, not two thirds. The VA is a small part of the budget, and the GI bill is over Only a small part of the debt is from defense spending.

Wrong.
Things like interest on the national debt, social security, etc., are NOT part of the discretionary budget.
That is because things like social security comes from payments in to a pay as you go retirement fund. They do not come from income tax revenue.
When it comes to discretionary spending, defense is number 1 and is always at least 50% of the federal budget.

{...
The discretionary budget was set at $1.203 trillion. More than half generally goes toward military spending, including the Department of Veterans Affairs and other defense-related departments. The rest must pay for all other domestic programs. The largest are Health and Human Services, Education, and Housing and Urban Development.

There is an emergency fund of $111.4 billion that's not included in the budget process. Most of that, amounting to $88.9 billion, goes to Overseas Contingency Operations to pay for wars.
...}
Secrets of the Federal Budget Revealed

GIBill is not over. It is a generic term for people getting their tuition paid for by the US government, in exchange for military service. ROTC is an example of that.

Overall defense spending when you count interest on past military spending, as well as military spending hidden under other areas, has always been around 75% of the actual amount spent by the US government. We have hundreds of bases over seas, costing us a fortune, with no possible benefit to the US.

I'd say ok to a three tier flat tax as long as the first $50,000 was exempt from tax for everyone.

50-150 - 30%
150-250 - 40%
250 up - 55%

Yes a little high but historically very low. We cannot sustain the mounting debt and the poor and middle class cannot pay it down. But it has to be brought under control and paid down, with cuts AND taxes.
By definition, that is not a flat tax, it's a progressive tax.

But a progressive tax rate that allows for lots of corrupt loopholes is not a good idea.
Only the wealthy can afford the experts who know how to exploit those loopholes.
Better would be a flat rate, and a large flat deduction per the cost of living, (cost of doing business), and eliminate as many loopholes as possible.
For example, if you give a large uniform deduction for residence, food, transportation, utilities, clothing, etc., then you can remove the mortgage interest deduction that allows the wealthy to write off mortgages in mansions, etc.

Personally I think the first 10% of income should not be taxed at all then a flat rate on the rest and the gains received in retirement accounts should be tax free

Any way you shake it out...it's a regressive tax and an enormous windfall for the rich and a real tax burden on the middle class

I know ewe do not believe in the free market. Ewe believe government should subsidize your precious corporations. In fact that makes ewe a fucking commie.
Learn the definition of "income," you brain damaged dumbass. They claim that you believe in the free market doesn't pass the laugh test.

Is that happening?

Wrong.
Things like interest on the national debt, social security, etc., are NOT part of the discretionary budget.
That is because things like social security comes from payments in to a pay as you go retirement fund. They do not come from income tax revenue.
When it comes to discretionary spending, defense is number 1 and is always at least 50% of the federal budget.

{...
The discretionary budget was set at $1.203 trillion. More than half generally goes toward military spending, including the Department of Veterans Affairs and other defense-related departments. The rest must pay for all other domestic programs. The largest are Health and Human Services, Education, and Housing and Urban Development.

There is an emergency fund of $111.4 billion that's not included in the budget process. Most of that, amounting to $88.9 billion, goes to Overseas Contingency Operations to pay for wars.
...}
Secrets of the Federal Budget Revealed

GIBill is not over. It is a generic term for people getting their tuition paid for by the US government, in exchange for military service. ROTC is an example of that.

Overall defense spending when you count interest on past military spending, as well as military spending hidden under other areas, has always been around 75% of the actual amount spent by the US government. We have hundreds of bases over seas, costing us a fortune, with no possible benefit to the US.
It's all discretionary, moron. Congress can vote to do away with all of it tomorrow. Furthermore, you did not say "discretionary." You said "the federal budget."

There's no point in debating a chronic liar like you.

Learn the definition of "income," you brain damaged dumbass. They claim that you believe in the free market doesn't pass the laugh test.

Certainly it does, ewe believe that we should pay for a company's cost for raw materials to make a product that they sell for profit. Ewe also believe that we the people should pay for the equipment a company needs and uses to make said product for their products! How the he'll do ewe call this free enterprise or capitalism? It's not it is exactly the thing ewe like most, it is communism, ewe fucking commie!

Certainly it does, ewe believe that we should pay for a company's cost for raw materials to make a product that they sell for profit. Ewe also believe that we the people should pay for the equipment a company needs and uses to make said product for their products! How the he'll do ewe call this free enterprise or capitalism? It's not it is exactly the thing ewe like most, it is communism, ewe fucking commie!
As I have already said half a dozen times, learn the definition of "income."

You're a total fucking moron, and I refuse to argue with someone who doesn't know the most basic facts relevant to the discussion.

You're a total fucking moron, and I refuse to argue with someone who doesn't know the most basic facts relevant to the discussion.

I know you're the dumbest fucking commie lil girl on this forum that loves our government i.e. ewe and I subsidizing business.

Commie on comrade!

WTF are you talking about?

So we have seen what a giveaway to the rich a flat tax would be...

So the RWNJs try to soften it by giving handouts to the poor to mitigate only SOME of the burden it would put on them.

That only means that MORE of the cost would end up going onto the backs of the middle class if this is supposed to be revenue neutral

I know you're the dumbest fucking commie lil girl on this forum that loves our government i.e. ewe and I subsidizing business.

Commie on comrade!
As I have already said half a dozen times, learn the definition of "income." Otherwise, don't bother posting to me.

WTF are you talking about?

So we have seen what a giveaway to the rich a flat tax would be...

So the RWNJs try to soften it by giving handouts to the poor to mitigate only SOME of the burden it would put on them.

That only means that MORE of the cost would end up going onto the backs of the middle class if this is supposed to be revenue neutral
What does that have to do with the definition of "income?"

Go stand in the corner with Aldo.

Forum List

Back