Flashback: Obama prosecuted staff leakers, gave lie-detector tests, ‘paranoid’

Obama's tapping of Reporters phone calls to find the leakers is scandalous. Administering lie detectors to find out who doesn't like you as the blob is suggesting is a bit of a different cat.

90% negative coverage -- an eagerness to publish ANY rumor that paints Trump in a negative light; coupled with an absurd dismissal of anything positive heightens my (and all of the folks on "my side") frustration and enhances the chance that I am going to be "blindly loyal" in defending POTUS - too much of the things he has been ostracized for have been overblown, excused when it was "your guy" or just plain made up for me to take ANY of it seriously

I hope this gives you some constructive insight; have a great weekend

You as well.

Let me say this about that. In terms of the press; nobody cares when a dog bites a man. The press only cares when man bites dog. Run a sub 2:00:00 marathon and you will be covered. Run a 2:15:00 and you may as well have done it at midnight in Nome, Alaska. When the First Lady wears a jacket with “I don’t care” painted across the back; should the press ignore it? I don’t think so. It is in no way important to the ship of State but it does speak to a White House that is unhinged. If a Mayor of Anytown, USA went to the supermarket wearing that jacket, I would think it would be covered as much as Melania Trump’s escapade was foisted onto the airwaves. And, to my shock frankly; the story died rather quickly.

As for the negative coverage; Trump brings much of it on himself. Case in point, the proclamation about golf. Saying he’d be too busy to golf then setting a pace that Obama never reached on the topic. Is it important? No. But it does speak to the “say one thing; do another” and “say one thing that is 180 degrees opposite of the truth” habit he has. He said he was going to brand China a currency manipulator. He didn’t. He said NK was no longer a nuclear threat. They are. He says Mexico will pay for his border wall. They won’t. He says trade wars are good and easy to win. They are not. We could go on and on about this.

he's gotta give them all lie detector tests.
No sweetie, that was Jug Ears that administered lie detector tests

Try to keep up

Still no link to the lie detector tests...your link referred to them but they were parroting a report to the effect. However, the only people who seemed to have been prosecuted during President Obama's term were ones who released classified information; a lie detector, in my view would seem to be in order. Not if you're spilling the beans about incompetence and the blob's penchant for wholesale lying.

~~~~~~
Obama, Not Trump, Actually Made Staff Take Lie …
The Obama administration made staff take lie detector tests to stop leaks to the media

The Obama administration forced some of its members to undergo lie detector tests and seized phone and email records between reporters and intelligence community members. Recommended …

As far as I can tell, they are the staffs of the Intel agencies and the FBI.

Anyone Remember How Obama Handled White House Leaks?

Of course the leftist media has conveniently forgotten this. So, here’s a reminder:

U.S. President Barack Obama came into office pledging open government, but he has fallen short of his promise. Journalists and transparency advocates say the White House curbs routine disclosure of information and deploys its own media to evade scrutiny by the press,” the report said. “Aggressive prosecution of leakers of classified information and broad electronic surveillance programs deter government sources from speaking to journalists.”

This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said David E. Sanger, longtime chief Washington correspondent for The New York Times.

The administration called its efforts against leaks the “Insider Threat Program” and implemented plenty of invasive methods to stop it.

The Insider Threat Program being implemented throughout the Obama administration to stop leaks — first detailed by the McClatchy newspapers’ Washington bureau in late June — has already ‘created internal surveillance, heightened a degree of paranoia in government and made people conscious of contacts with the public, advocates, and the press,’ said a prominent transparency advocate, Steven Aftergood, director of the Government Secrecy Project at the Federation of American Scientists in Washington,” the report said.

This included lie detector tests.

The director of national intelligence, James Clapper, announced on June 25, 2012, his own internal steps to stem leaks,” the report said.

Employees of all 16 U.S. intelligence agencies — including the CIA, NSA, FBI and Defense Intelligence Agency — would be asked during routine polygraph examinations whether they had disclosed any classified information to anyone. And the new inspector general for the Intelligence Community, with jurisdiction over all its agencies, would investigate leak cases that had not produced prosecutions by the Justice Department to determine what alternative action should be taken.”

A contemporaneous article from USA Today said the report “portrays an administration gripped by strict policies about information flow and paranoid about leaks across all executive branch departments.”

More w/links @ Remember? Obama So Paranoid Over White House Leaks He Used Invasive Procedure on Staffers

Forum List

Back