Flashback: Obama prosecuted staff leakers, gave lie-detector tests, ‘paranoid’

And who was prosecuted?

here is one:

Ex-Senate Intelligence staffer indicted on charges of lying in leak probe

and some confirmation from the fake news media as well -

Analysis | Trump rages about leakers. Obama quietly prosecuted them.

Experts on executive-branch leaks say it's too early to gauge Trump's legacy. But much has been made about the Obama administration's hunt for leakers. Of the 13 people who have been prosecuted under the Espionage Act for leaking secrets, eight were arrested under Obama's administration, according to Alexandra Ellerbeck, senior Americas and U.S. researcher with the Committee to Protect Journalists.

And prosecutors under Obama have spied on journalists and named a journalist an “unindicted co-conspirator,” according to the New York Times. Ellerbeck said that's just a step away from arresting a reporter for writing a story — and raises dangerous constitutional issues about freedom of the press.

The OP was about Obama, not the Senate

First, saying things like "the fucking mulatto" is racist.
You seem upset friend

Maybe you need a hug or a cup of warm coco?

And, perhaps you'd be kind enough to link up where I said that after you calm down and get it together that is

TIA

The left are also largely unaware that Trump ripped into the White House press corps in what they described as a, "profanity laced tirade". There's the fake news image of Obama and there's the real Obama.

And who was prosecuted?

here is one:

Experts on executive-branch leaks say it's too early to gauge Trump's legacy. But much has been made about the Obama administration's hunt for leakers. Of the 13 people who have been prosecuted under the Espionage Act for leaking secrets, eight were arrested under Obama's administration, according to Alexandra Ellerbeck, senior Americas and U.S. researcher with the Committee to Protect Journalists.

And prosecutors under Obama have spied on journalists and named a journalist an “unindicted co-conspirator,” according to the New York Times. Ellerbeck said that's just a step away from arresting a reporter for writing a story — and raises dangerous constitutional issues about freedom of the press.

Nice catch , the first link does not make my point, so I blew it on that one

The second link, however does back up the OP

sure, it's fun to squabble and the back & forth on a political message board is what really makes participation fun

but I have to be honest and give credit where it is due! we all know that the country owes former Senator Harry Reid a big THANK YOU! Without his leadership and forward vision, we NEVER would have gotten Gorsuch or Kavanaugh seated on SCOTUS, so again, thanks Senator Reid! (yes, I know Kav isn't seated yet, but he will be, it is a foregone conclusion

NOW, here is something many folks don't know, we also owe a debt of gratitude to former President Obama! Good ole Barry created a blueprint for President Trump to follow as his administration continues its fight against sedition.

I just thought everyone should know, and hey - for the people that think that those of us on the right are able to fairly praise Obama for the things he did right, this is for you!

Should President Trump need a model to use to track down leakers inside his administration like the “anonymous” insider who challenged his authority in a New York Times op-ed, he need go no further back than the Obama administration that prosecuted leakers and shutout the media.

According to reports at the time from even New York Times journalists, no administration was tougher on leakers and punishing to the media than Obama’s, a saga reinforced by reporters who have called Trump’s team more forthcoming.

Criticism of Obama’s attacks on the media and leakers did not just come in tweets and TV appearances by journalists but in an official report from the Committee to Protect Journalists, authored by former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr.

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said David E. Sanger, veteran chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, in the report.

Of course, those actions were in regards to national security operations. Contrast that to president pussy, who gives national secrets to the top russian spy in the oval office...

And who was prosecuted?

here is one:

Nice catch , the first link does not make my point, so I blew it on that one

The second link, however does back up the OP

Like in the case of Reality Winner (sp?), she divulged classified info and didn't have the means Snowden did to leave the nation so she got caught and is now in prison.
That is what should happen to those who release classified information. Do you disagree? That is apparently what Obama has done; the stuff about the AP is scandalous however.

Weird that Donald cultists are endorsing Obama policies. Meanwhile, Donald's done such a good job of hiring the best people he's gotta give them all lie detector tests.

he's gotta give them all lie detector tests.
No sweetie, that was Jug Ears that administered lie detector tests

Try to keep up

Still no link to the lie detector tests...your link referred to them but they were parroting a report to the effect. However, the only people who seemed to have been prosecuted during President Obama's term were ones who released classified information; a lie detector, in my view would seem to be in order. Not if you're spilling the beans about incompetence and the blob's penchant for wholesale lying.

sure, it's fun to squabble and the back & forth on a political message board is what really makes participation fun

but I have to be honest and give credit where it is due! we all know that the country owes former Senator Harry Reid a big THANK YOU! Without his leadership and forward vision, we NEVER would have gotten Gorsuch or Kavanaugh seated on SCOTUS, so again, thanks Senator Reid! (yes, I know Kav isn't seated yet, but he will be, it is a foregone conclusion

NOW, here is something many folks don't know, we also owe a debt of gratitude to former President Obama! Good ole Barry created a blueprint for President Trump to follow as his administration continues its fight against sedition.

I just thought everyone should know, and hey - for the people that think that those of us on the right are able to fairly praise Obama for the things he did right, this is for you!

Should President Trump need a model to use to track down leakers inside his administration like the “anonymous” insider who challenged his authority in a New York Times op-ed, he need go no further back than the Obama administration that prosecuted leakers and shutout the media.

According to reports at the time from even New York Times journalists, no administration was tougher on leakers and punishing to the media than Obama’s, a saga reinforced by reporters who have called Trump’s team more forthcoming.

Criticism of Obama’s attacks on the media and leakers did not just come in tweets and TV appearances by journalists but in an official report from the Committee to Protect Journalists, authored by former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr.

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said David E. Sanger, veteran chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, in the report.
There are a few things Republicans on the USMB don't understand.

First, saying things like "the fucking mulatto" is racist.

Obama didn't have leakers that I remember because people that worked with him found it a privilege and they were loyal. Not because they were threatened, but because Obama is actually a moral person.

Republicans on the USMB don't understand that for two reasons.

1. Since Obama is black, they just assume he has no morals.

2. USMB Republicans don't actually know what morals are.

Funny they pledge their loyalty to a man, Trump, who has no loyalty to anyone but himself. I'm sure even USMB Republicans recognize that fact.
Roflmbo

From your source:

The Obama administration’s director of national intelligence, James Clapper, announced in June 2012 that members of the CIA, FBI, National Security Agency and 13 other intelligence agencies would be subjected to more stringent polygraph tests. In response to a series of intelligence leaks at the time, Clapper said the question of whether a person had disclosed classified information to members of the media would be added to a lie detector test, The Hill reported.

Sensitive positions got scrutinized. As they should if they are divulging classified or sensitive information. Agreed?

I think you said yes already.

Your source continues:

Employees for government agencies were prosecuted for their leaks, like former FBI bomb technician Donald Sachtleben. He pleaded guilty in 2013 for "unlawfully disclosing national defense information relating to a disrupted terrorist plot" in Yemen the previous year. He reportedly leaked information to an Associated Press reporter, which was discovered after the reporter’s phone records were obtained through a DOJ subpoena, the Post reported.

Your comparing that to the content of the Op/Ed in the NYT is apples and oranges.

Obama's tapping of Reporters phone calls to find the leakers is scandalous. Administering lie detectors to find out who doesn't like you as the blob is suggesting is a bit of a different cat.

Obama's tapping of Reporters phone calls to find the leakers is scandalous. Administering lie detectors to find out who doesn't like you as the blob is suggesting is a bit of a different cat.
here is the problem we are facing, ITT and nationally; we are more interested in celebrating "gotcha moments" than we are in figuring out how to get along and just live

and yes, I am certainly guilty; obviously...

so I will say this, you make a great point here; certainly a fair one at a minimum

but my point is not without merit as well - you are one of the folks that is interested in having a serious and constructive discussion

I have gotten more frustrated an angry over the last few years with "the other side"; we all have

much of the criticism of President Trump is out of control, batshit crazy; that's not to say that a good bit of the criticism isn't fair (we would be able to spend all day arguing over what part that entails :) )

90% negative coverage -- an eagerness to publish ANY rumor that paints Trump in a negative light; coupled with an absurd dismissal of anything positive heightens my (and all of the folks on "my side") frustration and enhances the chance that I am going to be "blindly loyal" in defending POTUS - too much of the things he has been ostracized for have been overblown, excused when it was "your guy" or just plain made up for me to take ANY of it seriously

I hope this gives you some constructive insight; have a great weekend

he's gotta give them all lie detector tests.
No sweetie, that was Jug Ears that administered lie detector tests

Try to keep up

Still no link to the lie detector tests...your link referred to them but they were parroting a report to the effect. However, the only people who seemed to have been prosecuted during President Obama's term were ones who released classified information; a lie detector, in my view would seem to be in order. Not if you're spilling the beans about incompetence and the blob's penchant for wholesale lying.

~~~~~~
Obama, Not Trump, Actually Made Staff Take Lie …
The Obama administration made staff take lie detector tests to stop leaks to the media
The Obama administration forced some of its members to undergo lie detector tests and seized phone and email records between reporters and intelligence community members. Recommended …

Forum List

Back