Flashback: Obama prosecuted staff leakers, gave lie-detector tests, ‘paranoid’

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
sure, it's fun to squabble and the back & forth on a political message board is what really makes participation fun

but I have to be honest and give credit where it is due! we all know that the country owes former Senator Harry Reid a big THANK YOU! Without his leadership and forward vision, we NEVER would have gotten Gorsuch or Kavanaugh seated on SCOTUS, so again, thanks Senator Reid! (yes, I know Kav isn't seated yet, but he will be, it is a foregone conclusion

NOW, here is something many folks don't know, we also owe a debt of gratitude to former President Obama! Good ole Barry created a blueprint for President Trump to follow as his administration continues its fight against sedition.

I just thought everyone should know, and hey - for the people that think that those of us on the right are able to fairly praise Obama for the things he did right, this is for you!

Should President Trump need a model to use to track down leakers inside his administration like the “anonymous” insider who challenged his authority in a New York Times op-ed, he need go no further back than the Obama administration that prosecuted leakers and shutout the media.

According to reports at the time from even New York Times journalists, no administration was tougher on leakers and punishing to the media than Obama’s, a saga reinforced by reporters who have called Trump’s team more forthcoming.

Criticism of Obama’s attacks on the media and leakers did not just come in tweets and TV appearances by journalists but in an official report from the Committee to Protect Journalists, authored by former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr.

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said David E. Sanger, veteran chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, in the report.

Last edited:
sure, it's fun to squabble and the back & forth on a political message board is what really makes participatio fun

but I have to be honest and give credit where it is due! we all know that the country owes former Senator Harry Reid a big THANK YOU! Without his leadership and forward vision, we NEVER would have gotten Gorsuch or Kavanaugh seated on SCOTUS, so again, thanks Senator Reid! (yes, I know Kav isn't seated yet, but he will be, it is a foregone conclusion

NOW, here is something many folks don't know, we also owe a debt of gratitude to former President Obama! Good ole Barry created a blueprint for President Trump to follow as his administration continues its fight against sedition.

I just thought everyone should know, and hey - for the people that think that those of us on the right are able to fairly praise Obama for the things he did right, this is for you!

Should President Trump need a model to use to track down leakers inside his administration like the “anonymous” insider who challenged his authority in a New York Times op-ed, he need go no further back than the Obama administration that prosecuted leakers and shutout the media.

According to reports at the time from even New York Times journalists, no administration was tougher on leakers and punishing to the media than Obama’s, a saga reinforced by reporters who have called Trump’s team more forthcoming.

Criticism of Obama’s attacks on the media and leakers did not just come in tweets and TV appearances by journalists but in an official report from the Committee to Protect Journalists, authored by former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr.

“This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered,” said David E. Sanger, veteran chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, in the report.

Trump should follow his template.

sure, it's fun to squabble and the back & forth on a political message board is what really makes participatio fun

Trump should follow his template.
You mean spy on journalists?

sure, it's fun to squabble and the back & forth on a political message board is what really makes participation fun

Trump should probably take some notes from whatever Obama did for his staff since Trump has made a circus of paranoid clowns out of his own.

Trump should probably take some notes from whatever Obama did for his staff since Trump has made a circus of paranoid clowns out of his own.

Sure. That's why Obama prosecuted leakers and had his people pass lie detectors.

Guess he had a circus of paranoid clowns as well. LOL

Sure. That's why Obama prosecuted leakers and had his people pass lie detectors.

Trump is drowning in chaos. 24/7 damage control over problems of his own making. Obama’s staff was absolutley tame and stable by comparison.

Trump is drowning in chaos. 24/7 damage control over problems of his own making. Obama’s staff was absolutley tame and stable by comparison.

If you say so. LOL

And who was prosecuted?

here is one:

Ex-Senate Intelligence staffer indicted on charges of lying in leak probe

and some confirmation from the fake news media as well -

Analysis | Trump rages about leakers. Obama quietly prosecuted them.

Experts on executive-branch leaks say it's too early to gauge Trump's legacy. But much has been made about the Obama administration's hunt for leakers. Of the 13 people who have been prosecuted under the Espionage Act for leaking secrets, eight were arrested under Obama's administration, according to Alexandra Ellerbeck, senior Americas and U.S. researcher with the Committee to Protect Journalists.

And prosecutors under Obama have spied on journalists and named a journalist an “unindicted co-conspirator,” according to the New York Times. Ellerbeck said that's just a step away from arresting a reporter for writing a story — and raises dangerous constitutional issues about freedom of the press.

If you say so. LOL
Yeah remember the Op-Ed that came out under Obama making everyone suspect “saboteurs” in the White House? Or all the staff that was fored or resigned in disgrace? Or the damaging leahs coming out about an unhinged, nutjob of a President? Oh, you don’t remember those things under Obama?

So yes, I say so.

Of course holier-than-thou purple-lipped Typhoid Barry has a paranoia disorder! Just read his books like I did. They're an exercise in racial paranoia against whites. He basically says that throughout his life, no matter how friendly whites were to him, he somehow knew they were hiding something from him and plotting against him.

Every mulatto I've ever, ever seen has such psychotic mental issues over race - especially my dreadlock-snakeheaded, half-Jamaican, violent walking felony-wave, junkie-pin-cushion, jailbird of a 2nd cousin - I consider it child abuse for blacks and whites to have kids together. I really do, because I've never seen one with any satisfaction or inner peace over their racial combo.

I don’t remember obama senior staffers being prosecuted????

You know, there are jobs in the military where the person holds a high level security clearance, and they are required to take lie detector tests every year or two. Ever think that the people the test was administered to needed to have it for their job assignment?

As far as this anonymous memo being a "threat to national security", it's not. There was no classified material in that memo, just an article saying how chaotic things are in the WH.

I remember when Trump first got his clearance, when he was asked a question he didn't want to answer, he would say it was classified.

Guess he now has a new scare phrase to demonize those who he doesn't like..............he's gonna call them a "threat to national security", even if they aren't.

There are a few things Republicans on the USMB don't understand.

First, saying things like "the fucking mulatto" is racist.

Obama didn't have leakers that I remember because people that worked with him found it a privilege and they were loyal. Not because they were threatened, but because Obama is actually a moral person.

Republicans on the USMB don't understand that for two reasons.

1. Since Obama is black, they just assume he has no morals.

2. USMB Republicans don't actually know what morals are.

Funny they pledge their loyalty to a man, Trump, who has no loyalty to anyone but himself. I'm sure even USMB Republicans recognize that fact.

Forum List

Back