FLASHBACK: Conservative Media Didn't Care Bush's Bird Flu Czar Had No Medical Experience

Are you fucking insane? This 'doctor' controversy was started by the Right by people who didn't even know who Bush appointed as AIDs czars.

In fact, I was the first one, a few days ago, to even mention here that Bush had AIDs czars who weren't doctors.

It was a about relevant experience, which he has none. Bush's guy was experienced in E-prep and worked for HHS.

Bush's AIDs czar has degrees in political science and theology.

He had relevant experience in emergency preparedness and HHS work prior to his appointment. The fact you have to ignore this and go to the degrees shows you have a losing argument.

The fact that you are ignoring that Bush also appointed 2 AIDs czars just proves how you cannot win the argument.
No, it proves that the issue is irrelevant and you are bringing in a red herring.

Why? Haven't you ever heard of AIDs? It's a disease. Google it.

It was a about relevant experience, which he has none. Bush's guy was experienced in E-prep and worked for HHS.

He had relevant experience in emergency preparedness and HHS work prior to his appointment. The fact you have to ignore this and go to the degrees shows you have a losing argument.

The fact that you are ignoring that Bush also appointed 2 AIDs czars just proves how you cannot win the argument.
No, it proves that the issue is irrelevant and you are bringing in a red herring.

I heard you have it and that's why your posts look like they do.
Remind me why it's relevant to Klain's obvious lack of experience in health care.

Yes, the RW nutters are indeed "moving the goalposts"....but that's what they do. They are hypocrisy immune.

The OP was already proven wrong, the guy Bush appointed had experience in emergency planning and HHS work. What does Obama's guy have?

You clowns are the ones focusing on "being a doctor". Here is a little hint, alot of people who work in epidemiology are not MD's but PhD's.

The focus on being a doctor was an invention of the rightwing propaganda machine from the first moment this fake controversy was hatched.
No that's actually an invention of the Left. No one is criticising him for not beign a doctor. They are criticizing him for not having any relevant experience whatsoever.

"You might need an Ebola czar and you might need a doctor, but what we got is a spin doctor here," Buchanan said of Klain

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/US/Ebola-czar-Pat-Buchanan-Ron-Klain-Obama/2014/10/20/id/601800/#ixzz3Gsq4z6Xz
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Hmm, here's Buchanan saying the same thing. Klain has no background in medical issues of any kind. All he is is a political operative.
Was there some sort of point you imagined you were making?

No, it's Buchanan saying you might need a doctor. Learn to read.

And here are posters claiming it should have been a doctor, you know, the posters you hilariously claimed don't exist:

Clementine: "I was hoping Obama would finally make a smart decision and put an experienced doctor in charge..."

Ibentoken: "How about a doctor with managerial experience."

Jarhead: "What about a Physician who has also been chief of staff at a major hospital?"

bigrebc1775: "We want an effective Physician someone who knows what he''s doing not a political appointee"

Need more? I'm getting bored with it. These were just those in ONE thread.

Obama s Choice for Ebola Czar lacks Medical Knowledge Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Anyone else want to join the Rabbi in his demented claim that NOBODY around here complained because Klain isn't a doctor?

Comon now! Support Rabbi. He's the brains of your operation here...

Remind me why it's relevant to Klain's obvious lack of experience in health care.

Obama s Choice for Ebola Czar lacks Medical Knowledge Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Read and weep, Junior.

The OP was already proven wrong, the guy Bush appointed had experience in emergency planning and HHS work. What does Obama's guy have?

You clowns are the ones focusing on "being a doctor". Here is a little hint, alot of people who work in epidemiology are not MD's but PhD's.

The focus on being a doctor was an invention of the rightwing propaganda machine from the first moment this fake controversy was hatched.
No that's actually an invention of the Left. No one is criticising him for not beign a doctor. They are criticizing him for not having any relevant experience whatsoever.

"You might need an Ebola czar and you might need a doctor, but what we got is a spin doctor here," Buchanan said of Klain

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/US/Ebola-czar-Pat-Buchanan-Ron-Klain-Obama/2014/10/20/id/601800/#ixzz3Gsq4z6Xz
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Hmm, here's Buchanan saying the same thing. Klain has no background in medical issues of any kind. All he is is a political operative.
Was there some sort of point you imagined you were making?

No, it's Buchanan saying you might need a doctor. Learn to read.

And here are posters claiming it should have been a doctor, you know, the posters you hilariously claimed don't exist:

Clementine: "I was hoping Obama would finally make a smart decision and put an experienced doctor in charge..."

Ibentoken: "How about a doctor with managerial experience."

Jarhead: "What about a Physician who has also been chief of staff at a major hospital?"

bigrebc1775: "We want an effective Physician someone who knows what he''s doing not a political appointee"

Need more? I'm getting bored with it. These were just those in ONE thread.

Obama s Choice for Ebola Czar lacks Medical Knowledge Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Anyone else want to join the Rabbi in his demented claim that NOBODY around here complained because Klain isn't a doctor?

Comon now! Support Rabbi. He's the brains of your operation here...
Gee I dont see anyone complaining that Klain isnt a doctor. I do see people thinking a doctor would have been a good choice. Failing that someone with relevant health care experience.
You can spin and spin but you can't stop.

BUSH!

When will start addressing the shortcomings of the current POTUS rather than "flashing back" to the shortcomings of the previous office holder? Do you do this because you have no defense for the moves Obama has made and continues to make?

It's relevant because the legitimacy of the criticism can be brought into question if the criticism is coming from people who did not object to the very same actions by a president of the other party.

Bush's two AIDs Czars were also NOT doctors.

It's simply Obama Derangement Syndrome.

You are wrong again, as usual. One of Bush's AIDS Czars was a Dr and the other had extensive experience in that field.

President Bush announced April 9 that the new director of the Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP) will be Scott H. Evertz. The White House press statement on the appointment also said ONAP will have an increased international focus under the new director.Evertz is currently the vice president of the Luther Manor Foundation, Inc., and the director of resource development for the United Lutheran Program for the Aging in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The press statement says that Evertz is a founding member of the Wisconsin HIV/AIDS Care Coalition and has done extensive volunteer work with HIV/AIDS patients.ONAP plays an intergovernmental role in coordinating AIDS policy amongst the various federal agencies that are engaged in the effort to contain and control the disease. The White House statement says ONAP will also work closely with a Cabinet-level task force that is overseeing domestic and international AIDS policy.

In July 2002, President Bush appointed Joseph O’Neill, M.D., M.S., M.P.H., to serve as the Director of the White House Office of National AIDS Policy. Dr. O’Neill, who is also a member of the White House Domestic Policy Council, leads an expanded AIDS office that is responsible for both domestic and international HIV/AIDS issues. The Office of National AIDS Policy also serves as the Executive Secretariat for the President's Cabinet Task Force on HIV/AIDS, which is co-chaired by Secretary of State Colin Powell and Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson. Prior to his appointment, Dr. O’Neill served as Acting Director of the Office of HIV/AIDS Policy in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). In this role, he was responsible for coordination of policy and management of the entire HHS HIV/AIDS portfolio.

Obama s Choice for Ebola Czar lacks Medical Knowledge Page 8 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Read and weep, Junior.
Oh look. A thread proving what I said. His choice lacks medical knowledge. You understand not just doctors have medical knowledge, right?

FLASHBACK: When Conservative Media Didn't Care Bush's Bird Flu Czar Had No Medical Experience

Will the Dumb conservative who watch Fox remember this?

stewart-simonson-645.jpg

For days the anti-Obama, anti-Klain talking point has been repeated. Indeed, the Fox team has been adamant: If the president appoints a czar to oversee a possible health crisis, that person must have a medical background.

Except, apparently, when the president was George Bush, the health fear was the bird flu virus, and Bush's czar had no medical background. Note that prior to becoming the nation's bird flu czar, Bush's point-person served as general counsel for Amtrak.

In 2004, Bush's bird flu czar was Stewart Simonson. He worked as an assistant secretary of health and human services for public health emergency preparedness. And although he had no medical experience or expertise in public health, he did enjoy a noted career as a Republican political insider.

Conservatives did not have a problem with this because he was not an inner circle political hack being tapped to manage

I understand the whole it's a bureuacratic position thing thus no medical knowledge is necessary, I'm just not sure I grant the premise. Presumedly if assigning medical professionals to different places, some understanding of medical science would be helpful.

It'd be like assigning a Creationist Musem head as head of NASA. Sure, organizationally it's maybe similar in some respects, but if you don't get the broadstrokes...:) If you're gonna have to assign x number doctors, y number nurses to this place, that place etc. understanding the difference between RN, LVN, and all the other nurse variants could be useful, just as not all doctors are equal if you assign an orthopedist (foot doctor) to an ebola crisis response team :)

Read and weep, Junior.
Oh look. A thread proving what I said. His choice lacks medical knowledge. You understand not just doctors have medical knowledge, right?

Obstinance is the Bodyguard of Ignorance. You are the best example of that old saying that I made up. lol

I give you a list of posters who claimed he should have appointed a doctor, posters you said didn't exist, and you reply with complete, unadulterated nonsense.

Good work.

Read and weep, Junior.

Obstinance is the Bodyguard of Ignorance. You are the best example of that old saying that I made up. lol

I give you a list of posters who claimed he should have appointed a doctor, posters you said didn't exist, and you reply with complete, unadulterated nonsense.

Good work.

Only a Doctor?

BUSH!

When will start addressing the shortcomings of the current POTUS rather than "flashing back" to the shortcomings of the previous office holder? Do you do this because you have no defense for the moves Obama has made and continues to make?

It's relevant because the legitimacy of the criticism can be brought into question if the criticism is coming from people who did not object to the very same actions by a president of the other party.

You are wrong again, as usual. One of Bush's AIDS Czars was a Dr and the other had extensive experience in that field.

President Bush announced April 9 that the new director of the Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP) will be Scott H. Evertz. The White House press statement on the appointment also said ONAP will have an increased international focus under the new director.Evertz is currently the vice president of the Luther Manor Foundation, Inc., and the director of resource development for the United Lutheran Program for the Aging in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The press statement says that Evertz is a founding member of the Wisconsin HIV/AIDS Care Coalition and has done extensive volunteer work with HIV/AIDS patients.ONAP plays an intergovernmental role in coordinating AIDS policy amongst the various federal agencies that are engaged in the effort to contain and control the disease. The White House statement says ONAP will also work closely with a Cabinet-level task force that is overseeing domestic and international AIDS policy.

In July 2002, President Bush appointed Joseph O’Neill, M.D., M.S., M.P.H., to serve as the Director of the White House Office of National AIDS Policy. Dr. O’Neill, who is also a member of the White House Domestic Policy Council, leads an expanded AIDS office that is responsible for both domestic and international HIV/AIDS issues. The Office of National AIDS Policy also serves as the Executive Secretariat for the President's Cabinet Task Force on HIV/AIDS, which is co-chaired by Secretary of State Colin Powell and Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson. Prior to his appointment, Dr. O’Neill served as Acting Director of the Office of HIV/AIDS Policy in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). In this role, he was responsible for coordination of policy and management of the entire HHS HIV/AIDS portfolio.

Scott Evertz is not a doctor.

Read and weep, Junior.

Good work.

Only a Doctor?

That's a worn out fallacy. If doctor is one of the demands, it doesn't matter what else is desired.

Rabbi pulls this shit all the time. What's the point of defending him?

BUSH!

Wow, you just figured that out?
No, but he had significiant experience in public health issues, specifically AIDS.
What comparable experience does Klain have? Right, none.
You lose again. Hey, just admit you're wrong and move on, kay?

BUSH!

he had relevant experience. Where does Obama's guy have relevent experience?

Read and weep, Junior.

Good work.

Only a Doctor?

That's a worn out fallacy. If doctor is one of the demands, it doesn't matter what else is desired.

LOL and thats a rule you made up?

You are looking foolish, give up, you can't make your point because you have no point to make.

Read and weep, Junior.

Good work.

Only a Doctor?

It's not a fallacy, idiot. It's the argument. You claim people are outraged because Klain isn't a doctor. That is false. Klain is lacking any relevant experience whatsoever.
What about that is difficult to understand?

Good work.

Only a Doctor?

LOL and thats a rule you made up?

You are looking foolish, give up, you can't make your point because you have no point to make.
He'll jist spin the same crap over and over. He's already lost. Even the other libs have abandoned this stinker of a thread.

How long did it take (tax exempt) Media Matters to dig up this little nugget? Bird Flu was a hysterical tool of the radical left even though it was only responsible for about 45 deaths world wide in twenty years. Then senator Obama criticized Bush for being unprepared for Bird Flu when there was little or no threat.

Forum List

Back