Flag bench survey

Do you approve or disapprove of the flag bench?

• Approve

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
If it was totally up to your personal opinion would you be for or against the flag bench? On this one I approve on a freedom of speech aspect, but on the whole it makes me uncomfortable and I would say burn it. .

I saw this in the news last night and would never want to see a bench painted this way. I see it as disrespectful, especially under a tree with birds crapping on it let alone folks resting their asses on it. And just from the visual perspective, I believe with the accommodation made for the tree it simply looks like hell.

How does its association with a veteran's group affect your opinion? It didn't change mine.

1528842688094.jpg

Veterans organization can keep American flag bench following NYC removal order

While I can understand why some people may be upset by the flag bench, I am not one of those people. Too many things that make more of an impact to be upset about.

So I guess I don't approve or disapprove. It doesn't make the radar.

If it was totally up to your personal opinion would you be for or against the flag bench? On this one I approve on a freedom of speech aspect, but on the whole it makes me uncomfortable and I would say burn it. .

I saw this in the news last night and would never want to see a bench painted this way. I see it as disrespectful, especially under a tree with birds crapping on it let alone folks resting their asses on it. And just from the visual perspective, I believe with the accommodation made for the tree it simply looks like hell.

How does its association with a veteran's group affect your opinion? It didn't change mine.

What's to be "offended" about? It's a damn place to sit. Why would you "burn" a place to sit? Termites? Witches?

Only thing that I find offensive about places to sit is when somebody's using it as a bench for their bags, thereby depriving somebody of a place to sit.

This bench doesn't have the most attractive paint job but that's secondary to sturdiness in a place to sit. On the other hand if you were in a plane and lost, you could look down and know what country's airspace you're in.

Oh no lets not be PROUD of our Country . We wouldn't want to be the best in the world instead we'd rather be leftist pos losers who want a communism. Oh but fly an ISIS flag proudly.......

you anti american scum should sooooo be shipped out of this Country it's not funny.

Oh no lets not be PROUD of our Country . We wouldn't want to be the best in the world instead we'd rather be leftist pos losers who want a communism. Oh but fly an ISIS flag proudly.......

you anti american scum should sooooo be shipped out of this Country it's not funny.

:wtf: :dunno: :cuckoo:

I hope it's hinged so you can put stuff in there. That would be efficient. I like efficient.

I think it's kind of cool. The flag, as art, is an old school sort of thing.

I don't see the representation of the flag as 'The Flag'..I find it bright, cheery and a fine piece of Americana.

USN 1967-1973

Not the most important issue of the day by far, but my preference would be to paint it over.

Isn’t there something in the U S flag guidelines or whatever that the flag should be displayed intact, not altered in any way like with a big hole in the middle with a tree growing through it?

Oh man, imagine the triggered responses from orange turd and his gullible sycophants if NFL players brought chairs with a flag painted on them to the sidelines and sat in them during the national anthem.

"You can't kneel, you can't sit your ass in a flag chair, you can't smile, you can't frown, you have to stand like a statue with your hand over your heart looking straight ahead with the most fake patriotic fervor written all over your face or you're a commie/anti-American.........." Oh shut the fuck up already.

By the way check out the car parked there, looks like a restored old Chevelle in sweet condition!

"You can't kneel, you can't sit your ass in a flag chair, you can't smile, you can't frown, you have to stand like a statue with your hand over your heart looking straight ahead with the most fake patriotic fervor written all over your face or you're a commie/anti-American.........."

Yeah but you have to give it the proper inflection and delivery. More like this ---

"You can't kneel, you can't sit your ass in a flag chair, you can't smile, you can't frown, you have to stand like a statue with your hand over your heart looking straight ahead with the most fake patriotic fervor written all over your face or you're a commie/anti-American.........."

Yeah but you have to give it the proper inflection and delivery. More like this ---

That's frigin hilarious.

While I can understand why some people may be upset by the flag bench, I am not one of those people. Too many things that make more of an impact to be upset about.

So I guess I don't approve or disapprove. It doesn't make the radar.
The Dlag should not be used for decorations.

The ideal answer to the OP question of course is "neither". It ain't my place, or ours, to "approve" or "disapprove" of what somebody does with their own fucking bench. It takes a certain arrogance to even place oneself in the position of judge and jury over what somebody else is doing with their own property.

The ideal answer to the OP question of course is "neither". It ain't my place, or ours, to "approve" or "disapprove" of what somebody does with their own fucking bench. It takes a certain arrogance to even place oneself in the position of judge and jury over what somebody else is doing with their own property.

The original question acknowledges it isn't our choice. Another way of asking would have been, based purely on its motif, would you have this in your yard?

Last edited:
I think it's kind of cool. The flag, as art, is an old school sort of thing.

I don't see the representation of the flag as 'The Flag'..I find it bright, cheery and a fine piece of Americana.

USN 1967-1973

I've seen flags painted in respectful image on barns, garages, walls, etc. and those I do find cool. Your characterization as being "Americana" fits the feeling those images give me and I think they're great.

I don't really have a problem with it one way or the other.

But, since it's a Veterans organization, why not paint it red top, with blue and white sides, and place a seal of Army Navy Marines and Air Forces on each corner.

The original question acknowledges it isn't our choice. Another way of asking would have been, based purely on its motif, would you have this in your yard?

I would not. It's woefully short on creativity, and not very inviting.

Forum List

Back