Five Reasons Why Cats are Inferior to Dogs

A wet cat smell doesn't want to make you barf.

When you wash your dog give them a final rinse with vinegar,let it sit a minute or so then rinse well. It smells at the time but once dry you don't smell anything. No 'wet dog' smell and no vinegar and it last for quite some time too.

I have five dogs and seven cats. This didn't really happen on purpose. Anyway, if I had to choose, I'd choose dogs. But I do have a couple of cats that I like better than a couple of the dogs.

But, overall, I don't see a lot of cats in my future, whereas I can't imagine not having a dog.

I agree. While I haven't had a cat in decades I would never wish harm to come to one. They aren't my favorite animal.

A dog however is. I will always have dogs in my life. I currently have four. Everyone a pound puppy. Just great getting home and being greeted by the gang.

I grew up with cats but always, always, always wanted a dog. Lassie anyone? Finally got Penny about ten years ago and she is the best! Had Shadow (the cat) but when he was about five we got Penny. Both are spca adopted. Finally convinced the hubs that another dog was a good idea and ended up with Dio(gi) about a year and a half ago. Another spca rescue. Last summer discovered kittens born under our shed, took them when they were about 6 weeks old and ended up keeping one. Finn(ick) is a hoot! He was raised with the dogs and Dio is quite the quirky dog ... I think Finn thinks he's part dog. He fetches (he LOVES to play with straws. Had a cat named Eric the Cat who also fetched) and when we call the dogs for their dinner Finn comes running in and often nudges Penny out of the way and tries to eat her food. Dio got smart and just growls so Finn leaves his bowl alone. Shadow hates Finn and we haven't figured out exactly what to do about that. Finn just wants to play but Shadow will have none of it.

I don't think dogs are smarter than cats or cats are smarter than dogs, they are just different. I love them all!

I live in the woods. Cats are good for keeping the rodents and birds away from your house (birds will crap all over the place given the chance). Dogs bark, which is useless, except to drive everyone crazy.

I have three cats that I adopted from Petsmart, one is 14 and was depressed after one he was raised with died so I adopted 2 brothers last year. The one in the middle is the older guy.

486503_160629954091504_351712272_n.jpg

I have three cats that I adopted from Petsmart, one is 14 and was depressed after one he was raised with died so I adopted 2 brothers last year. The one in the middle is the older guy.

Awesome, a trio of black cats!

I have five dogs (two Dobermans, one minpin, one minpin mix and one Chinese Sharpei) and seven cats (one Abyssinian, one silver-shaded Persian, two orange tabbies, one orange Maine coon, one calico and one long-haired black cat similar to yours).

The two Dobermans, the Abyssinian cat and the Persian cat were all "on-purpose" pets. The rest are all rescues. The Inn is full!!!

Awesome, a trio of black cats!

I have five dogs (two Dobermans, one minpin, one minpin mix and one Chinese Sharpei) and seven cats (one Abyssinian, one silver-shaded Persian, two orange tabbies, one orange Maine coon, one calico and one long-haired black cat similar to yours).

The two Dobermans, the Abyssinian cat and the Persian cat were all "on-purpose" pets. The rest are all rescues. The Inn is full!!!

Abyssinians are one of my favorites, very intelligent. I had one of those and a Somali that I adopted from a rescue group in Colorado. The Somali was in love with my Afghan Hound, I have a shot of them cheek to cheek somewhere. Love the Maine Coons also. I had a White Chinchilla Persian 35 years ago, had a normal nose and was beautiful. He made the sound of an Ewok when he entered a room. Every cat and dog I've had, had totally different personalities. Like these three in the picture, the one on the right knows exactly what come here means and spends most of his time around me. The one on the left is very shy but can be vicious fighting with his brother. The one in the center has always been an unpredictable badass loner.

I've had cats and dogs all my life. I like cats better because they are more "portable" and less labor intense than dogs. I have a pile of adopted cats right now, a tiny miniature dachsund who the cats treat like one of them. It's a hoot when one of the cats tackles and pins the dog and starts to tongue bathe her within an inch of her canine life. My other dog is a working dog who protects my livestock from roaming dogs, wolves and bears. It's funny, that dog wouldn't come in the house on a bet. She doesn't like being confined at all and I usually have to transport her in the stock trailer with her "pack-mates".
Of all the cats I've owned, two of the coolest were a Manx who would ride in my backpack on the bicycle. He and I did hospice visits. The other was a Siamese who also rode in a backpack, but only after he got tired of hiking. He used to go hiking all over with me, never needed a leash, either.

They're beautiful...:)

I had a all black female, Gabriella (Gabby)...she passed last summer. She was the sweetest thing..very affectionate and loving. And smart. I miss her, deeply.

I am thinking of adopting another cat...we have Loco (our nutty cat that acts like he's on crack) and a dog, Chula...but, they prefer my daughter over me, so I want 'my own' kitty...:tongue:

Never had cats, I hate cats....nothing but overgrown rats....they should just be called "crats"

I love dogs, and have had a few over the years.

Chipper....Our old english sheepdog that we had as kids

Reggie....My dobie/lab that definitely had a mind of his own.....Great dog

Roz...my dobie that I got to keep Reggie company while I was at work.....Great dog

Roxie.....my beautiful pure black lab, that was my first dog I got after Reggie, and then Roz, both passed away.....Great dog, who was most definitely a daddy's girl.

Lucy....Our current dog, and the first my wife and I adopted from a rescue...She's a rare, chocolate and tan Cocker Spaniel who is like our third daughter, and is attached to my hip, definitely one of the smartest dogs i've ever known...Seriously, she's like a human.....I love that dog!

Bottom line, Dogs rock!....And are most definitely mans best friend.

My Pyrenees is named Roxie, short for Roxanne. When my daughter gave her to me as a birthday gift, I teased that I was going to call her "Fluffie". My daughter considered that inappropriate so I had to come up with a better alternative. Since Roxie has a job, she had to be one of a select number of breeds suited for that job. She does her job well, too. It's so cool, seeing her lying in a heap of kids that are using her as a playground.

Yanno...................I've lived my whole life in the military, and I can tell you one thing.

Cats are easier to have around than dogs. Cats can amuse themselves and be okay when they're alone. Dogs can't.

Dogs need to be walked, unless they're kept outside.

Cats can make do with a litter box.

My favorite dog? Well.................I actually had 2, and both were named by my Aunt Sandy and her family before PC came along. One was a black lab mixed with an Irish setter named "******" and the other was a greyhound mix with something else that was named "Ringer". Both dogs would defend anyone in the family to the death.

However................they needed at least 10 acres to roam around in.

My best cat? He was one that I saw born in my own house, and I'd taken him into my own hands as soon as he was born. He was a big black mean cat that I called Cement. Not only did he like to get stoned, but he was the baddest cat in the whole neighborhood. 8 inches tall at the shoulder, with big paws and 1/2 inch claws. Meanest sucker you ever saw, but if you were around me, the coolest cat that could ever be.

My choice between the two? I just want a companion who will help out with keeping the property safe. ****** and Ringer did it, and so did Cement.

It doesn't matter what form they are, either cat or dog, it just matters if they make you feel good and protected.

All my pets have done that.

Forum List

Back