Five Reasons Why Cats are Inferior to Dogs

I have a bowl of nutritious food set out for my Chihuahua.

Does she eat it? Only when we don't give her scraps of OUR food!

A dog actually knows its name and will come when called

I have five dogs and seven cats. This didn't really happen on purpose. Anyway, if I had to choose, I'd choose dogs. But I do have a couple of cats that I like better than a couple of the dogs.

But, overall, I don't see a lot of cats in my future, whereas I can't imagine not having a dog.

Actually, rightwinger, I do have cats who know their name and a couple who will actually come when called. But all of them come when I call them in at night.

You see, I cat-proofed my fence so the cats can't get out of my yard, and in the summer I'll leave the patio door open so they can go in and out as they please when I'm home. But when it's bed time, I call them to come in, and they all do. It's funny, they're like a bunch of cows coming back to the barn. : )

My cats all know their names, come when they are called, if they feel like it.
two of three of my cats will fetch if the toy is small enough to put in their mouth. One of my cats has learned from the dogs to make a noise that sounds a lot like a bark......

A cat saved my life when I was an infant. I was born in Texas and the cat we had killed a scorpion in my crib. Since then I've always had at least one cat.

I don't like dogs, not much at all.

5 reasons I hate dogs:

1. They smell. I can smell a dog in a house the minute I step inside.
2. The big ones often drool, yuck!
3. They demand attention, you need to walk them, etc.
4. They bark.
5. They try to lick your face. Again, yuck!

5 great things about cats:

1. They are independent.
2. They hunt, it's cool to watch.
3. They are clean.
4. They go outside and entertain themselves.
5. They keep rodents away.

My cats all know their names, come when they are called, if they feel like it.
two of three of my cats will fetch if the toy is small enough to put in their mouth. One of my cats has learned from the dogs to make a noise that sounds a lot like a bark......

The current cat that I have is a Russian Blue. He's the biggest cat I've ever seen outside a zoo. He can stand on his hind legs and open doors.

I once had a cat I named Fred the Battle Cat. He was an ugly assed mixed Tom Cat. He did have the biggest shoulders and thickest neck of any cat I've ever seen. He would hang out at the house for a few days straight and then be gone a couple of days. He'd come back bleeding and cut up. Then he'd stay at the house, eat sleep, heal up, and be gone again. Only to come back tore up again. He had the scars to attest to his battles.

One day, he never came back. :(

Last edited:
There is indisputable proof that CATS are smarter than dogs. Wanna know what it izzz? Well I'll tell ya.

You don't ever see a CAT eating dog shit.

My cat always knows and will come when I call his name!

I adore dogs, always had one in my life ... this is the first time I own a cat and I love him too!

Both, cats and dogs are intelligent and loving in their own ways. :)

My dog pooped in the kitchen an hour ago. Still like her more than any cat.

Cats are born housebroken.

===

Actually, it makes no sense to say one is smarter than the other. They're different. Those differences appeal to different people for different reasons.

Both need and deserve our protection and care.

I would like to see cats get the same legal standing and legal protection dogs enjoy.

We didn't always have leash laws or require dogs to be kept inside fences. They ran loose and the result was disease (including rabies) and early death. Cats don't need to roam and actually live longer healthier lives if they're kept inside.

If you don't want to deal with litter boxes, build a simple "run". Basically, a yard inside your yard, its an enclosed area where your cat(s) can come and go.

In the past, I've had runs with a cat door so my cats could come and go and they loved it. I can't do that now because I live in an area where "bobcat fever" (cytauxzoonosis) is common. We've seen bobcats in our yard and our cats are at high risk for the disease. So, no more cat run and ours are inside 24/7.

Forum List

Back