5 Stages of Retirement

Very much enjoying all the different viewpoints in this thread. Rolling up on 65 in November and seriously contemplating retirement at the end of next year. I know my saving and investing since about September last year has been geared toward retiring at the end of next year. It's a big step and yeah... there's some fear there.

If you have enough money w/o worry I suppose it's OK? I would have to find something to do again all over after XX number of years working.

I was laid off a few Obiden 1.0 yrs w/o much money, that was rough. With most big expenses continuing on.

My 5 Stages of Retirement

Stage 1 - No more planning jobs. What projects are coming up? Who cares?
Stage 2 - Unpack my bags. They need training in Richmond? They need MOTs in Tampa? Hmmm, I'll be in my backyard with a beer. Somebody better get started.
Stage 3 - I have to renew my certifications. Oh yeah, no I don't.
Stage 4 - Might need some new work boots. Or might not.
Stage 5 - What day of the week is it?

My 5 Stages of Retirement

Stage 1 - No more planning jobs. What projects are coming up? Who cares?
Stage 2 - Unpack my bags. They need training in Richmond? They need MOTs in Tampa? Hmmm, I'll be in my backyard with a beer. Somebody better get started.
Stage 3 - I have to renew my certifications. Oh yeah, no I don't.
Stage 4 - Might need some new work boots. Or might not.
Stage 5 - What day of the week is it?
I've been in stage 5 for the past few months, so I bought a wooden block calendar, and make sure to turn the block and change the number every day, and has to also have days of the week or I'd forget that too.

I've been in stage 5 for the past few months, so I bought a wooden block calendar, and make sure to turn the block and change the number every day, and has to also have days of the week or I'd forget that too.
Oh I forget it all. Date, day of the week, and whether or not today is a day I have to wear pants.

I will be 69 in a few weeks, and my 5 stages of retirement have been this:

1 -- Deny I'm getting older
2 -- realize that maybe I am
3 - asking what I want to do with my time
4 -- answering that it is exactly what I am doing now
5 -- keep on working as that makes me happy.
68 and still working, although plan on retiring soon. I have been building up my hobbies.....homebrewing, growing very hot peppers to make various types of hot jerky with, and performing music at any dive that will let me.(which has really picked up since the leftyvirus scam has passed).
Can't wait to get full time into the hobbies......

Forum List

Back