Fish have feelings too

KarlMarx said:
"Most people dismiss fish as dimwitted pea-brains. ... Yet this is a great fallacy,"

ok, then why don't they EVOLVE and learn not to go after FAKE FOOD...I live in the land of 10,000 lakes...let's just say "If you changed your wedding date because it was in direct conflict with the fishing opener, you might be a Minnesota Redneck"

I love fishing. 99% of the people of this state are the same way. Some even venture several hours north to hit Leech Lake, *cough*us*cough* which is the BEST fishing lake for Muskie. Others go to Mille Lacs *my mom and step-dad*, which is the largest lake in MN. People here love to fish so much that they build shacks and drill holes in ice and fish then too (yes, the ice fishing scene from Grumpy Old Men is 100% accurate). Some ice houses have portable heaters, bunk beds, and a few hook up generators and put their satellite dish out there. Some even live out on the ice for weeks.

no1tovote4 said:
Cool. I remeber reading a study about this as well.

The Douglas Fir Tree is a good example of a plant that communicates. When the Douglas Fir Tree is attacked by beetles it begins to secrete an enzyme that will kill the beetles, at the same time it realeases into the air a chemical that warns all Douglas Fir Trees in a 50 mile radius and before they are even attacked by the beetles they also begin making the enzyme.

I got a cactus in my bathroom, but we got nothin' to say to each other.
:D

Forum List

Back