Fish have feelings too

This is soooooooooo stupid, it is funny. Boy, the PETA folks would have a field day in Asia. In restaurants in Korea I have eaten fish that were still alive! They slice the sides of the fish and you pick up your sashimi off the sides of the fish while it sits there stairing at you! lmao! In China, they hold em by the gills while they fry em from the gills down to the tail. Yeah, they have "feelings" alright. Too bad they aren't smart enough to build weapons in which to defend themselves.

Damn the libs are a joke. I wonder if they realize that over 2/3 of America just laughs at them every day.

freeandfun1 said:
This is soooooooooo stupid, it is funny. Boy, the PETA folks would have a field day in Asia. In restaurants in Korea I have eaten fish that were still alive! They slice the sides of the fish and you pick up your sashimi off the sides of the fish while it sits there stairing at you! lmao! In China, they hold em by the gills while they fry em from the gills down to the tail. Yeah, they have "feelings" alright. Too bad they aren't smart enough to build weapons in which to defend themselves.

Damn the libs are a joke. I wonder if they realize that over 2/3 of America just laughs at them every day.

I am more like the caveman who recently discovered you could cook things over a fire. About the only thing I will eat raw is some vegetables like celery and maybe a stray radish or two, but definitely no raw meat or fish.

dilloduck said:
Not new at all---there's already a book out there (sorry-can't remember the name) that explains in detail how plants have feelings etc. Apparently it is convincing enough to really freak out some vegetarians. My brother-in-law has it---I'll try to get the name of it !

Oh PLLLEEEEEEEEZZZZE get that title! The left wing wife of a friend of mine is a vegetarian. Which may explain why she voted for kerry - not getting enough protein to keep the brain healthy.

I want to give her something for Christmas. This would be just the ticket.

CSM said:
I am more like the caveman who recently discovered you could cook things over a fire. About the only thing I will eat raw is some vegetables like celery and maybe a stray radish or two, but definitely no raw meat or fish.

well, you know the old saying, "when in Rome.....". When your biz depends on those from other nations, you learn to eat a lot of things you would never think of! I have eaten scorpions, fido, raw fish, raw, live octopus, chicken cooked in poisen oak, etc., etc., etc.

freeandfun1 said:
well, you know the old saying, "when in Rome.....". When your biz depends on those from other nations, you learn to eat a lot of things you would never think of! I have eaten scorpions, fido, raw fish, raw, live octopus, chicken cooked in poisen oak, etc., etc., etc.
Oh yes I know; I had to eat some pretty weird stuff when I was in the Army (some of which I still have no idea what it was). Now that I have a choice though....

Shattered said:
Now cmon.. Fish DO have feelings, too. I had one African Cichlid that FELT he should be the ONLY fish in the tank.

LOL. Yeah, that is true. They all feel that way, maybe they are related to Microsoft.

I had pufferfish in a tank in my room, they all got together and tortured a Firemouth to death! They worked in a group until they had the tank to themselves. Nasty little creatures.

no1tovote4 said:
LOL. Yeah, that is true. They all feel that way, maybe they are related to Microsoft.

I had pufferfish in a tank in my room, they all got together and tortured a Firemouth to death! They worked in a group until they had the tank to themselves. Nasty little creatures.

I had a puffer that didn't know how to deflate, so he was always stuck around the top of the tank... weird fish.

My cichlid was an electric blue, and didn't even like other cichlids - just ate everything it came in contact with, and when it was less than an inch long, tried to take out a 6" pleco. *shakes head*

Shattered said:
I had a puffer that didn't know how to deflate, so he was always stuck around the top of the tank... weird fish.

My cichlid was an electric blue, and didn't even like other cichlids - just ate everything it came in contact with, and when it was less than an inch long, tried to take out a 6" pleco. *shakes head*

KEEEEERAPPPPP! Terrorist fish! I bet it's Bush's fault!

CSM said:

Well, he did knock over his little buildings...but I think it's just cuz the other fish were hiding in them...

CSM said:

Of course it is. He hasn't made it against the law to keep fish in a tank. It is only expressing itself in the only way it knows how!

Plus the fish is obviously upset that Kerry didn't win the election and for being disenfranchised in the vote, so now any new fish introduced to the tank will have no chance either. This fish needs a therapist to tell him its okay to be mad at the results of the election and that eating ones tankmates isn't an evil thing!

It breaks my heart to hear about the mistreatment of this fish! :cry:

Boy..and I thought I was mean for being highly amused that a puffer couldn't deflate itself... You all are just nasty...

I'm sure you all have seen that bumper sticker :

PETA : People Eating Tasty Animals

and the classic

I LOVE ANIMALS! ...I like to eat their flesh and wear their skins

There is nothing more humorous than being flipped off by a bunch of college kids in a Subaru as you're going down the road.

Shattered said:
HMPH.

**skulks off**

Cooking puppies & kittens. Indeed.
tantrum6.gif
OK, how about puppy or kitten sushi? :)

dilloduck said:
Not new at all---there's already a book out there (sorry-can't remember the name) that explains in detail how plants have feelings etc. Apparently it is convincing enough to really freak out some vegetarians. My brother-in-law has it---I'll try to get the name of it !

There is a book "The Secret Life of Plants" that addresses this. It is actually very interesting. Some of the people who were involved (Tesla, Maxwell, Kirchoff) in this actually developed some of the first theories of magnetism, (leading to electricity) to do their monitoring. Another fascinating subject.

sagegirl said:
There is a book "The Secret Life of Plants" that addresses this. It is actually very interesting. Some of the people who were involved (Tesla, Maxwell, Kirchoff) in this actually developed some of the first theories of magnetism, (leading to electricity) to do their monitoring. Another fascinating subject.

Cool. I remeber reading a study about this as well.

The Douglas Fir Tree is a good example of a plant that communicates. When the Douglas Fir Tree is attacked by beetles it begins to secrete an enzyme that will kill the beetles, at the same time it realeases into the air a chemical that warns all Douglas Fir Trees in a 50 mile radius and before they are even attacked by the beetles they also begin making the enzyme.

Forum List

Back