First look at Ben Affleck as Batman

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
xa1slirmcb3fcfk3bpyp.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that the Batsuit actually has veins does not reassure me that they are going to screw this up royally.

And that pose doesn't make me think of that atrocious movie that shall not be named even slightly.

All I see is Ben Affleck dressed up as Batman. I don't see Batman. All I ever see from him is the actor playing the character ... er, sometimes trying to play the character. He is just not a convincing actor, imo.

xa1slirmcb3fcfk3bpyp.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that the Batsuit actually has veins does not reassure me that they are going to screw this up royally.

And that pose doesn't make me think of that atrocious movie that shall not be named even slightly.

as far as i am concerned they are about to ruin something that could have been quite good if done right.....the "Worlds Finest" concept....i also dont think the girl they cast as Wonder Woman looks the part ....she looked kinda small and too thin.....if this movie flops DC will have a hard time bouncing back.....

Ah shit... They're making Daredevil into a TV series...

I guess they can't screw it up any more than the movie did...

That's all I see in that picture... Affleck as Matt Murdock...

it may not be that bad... so far they are doing pretty good with "Arrow"....and they got a "Flash" series coming up.....

Love Ben, love Batman, win/win.

Will that retard Matt Damon play Robin?

Jennifer Garner would make an amazing cat woman.

and Snoop can be bat dog:

002_zpsa00c6314.jpg

Last edited:

It is actually a Netflix series, which means they have a chance to make it dark enough to be true to the comic.

it may not be that bad... so far they are doing pretty good with "Arrow"....and they got a "Flash" series coming up.....

Arrow is great, can't wait for the big fight with Deathstroke tomorrow, and the first look at Flash.

Arrow is great, can't wait for the big fight with Deathstroke tomorrow, and the first look at Flash.

yea Arrow is so much better than Smallville....i just hope this Flash series is good.....and you just know next season they will have a cross over or two....

I'm hoping those aren't veins on the Batsuit, just a byproduct of whatever it's made out of.

Arrow is pretty good, but not great. It's still a CW show. :lol:

I'm reserving judgement on Affleck until the movie comes. I was against Keaton playing Batman and he pulled it off. My only issue is Affleck's age if they plan on making a lot of these DCU movies.

I am not excited about The Flash. I don't especially like the character; I think he's either overpowered or underpowered, depending how he's depicted. That kind of speed, if combined with the ability to process information in a similarly sped-up fashion, should make Flash pretty nearly invincible. It always bothers me with the speedster characters.
I'm still going to watch it, of course! Hell, I'm going to keep watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and so far that's been fairly terrible. :lol:

I've never been a Daredevil reader, but I think it's a character that could translate pretty well to film. The Affleck movie was just a train-wreck, hopefully the series learns from it.

Keaton wasn't that young when he did Batman. And he was Beetlejuice! Of course he could pull it off!

Clooney was a crapbatman. I don't like Christian Bale Batman either.

Of them all..I liked Michael Keeton and Val Kilmer best.

But I'll like Ben too.

Please - no more Batman, Superman, and Spiderman remakes.

Enough already.

No way! They are eternal!

You're talking to a woman who has probably 100 old superman comic books around her house.

Keaton wasn't that young when he did Batman. And he was Beetlejuice! Of course he could pull it off!

But I'll like Ben too.

Age and body type were the main reasons I was opposed to Keaton : he just didn't look like he could be Batman.

However, the idea of the kind of ongoing comic book universe that we see with Marvel and expect from DC wasn't really out there yet, so I didn't worry about if Keaton could continue as Batman for 10+ years. That's what I worry about with Affleck; if DC can make a quality movie universe, as Marvel has arguably done, we could have Batman in solo and team movies for years and years to come. Having to change out the actor would be annoying. :)

Oh, and I hated Kilmer as Batman! He was so bland and monotone in his presentation. I don't know if the fault was his or the director's (Clooney and Kilmer were, after all, in the really abominable movies) but it left me far from impressed.

Bale wasn't great, but the movies overall were so good, I didn't mind what was often an average performance. Especially in The Dark Knight, since Ledger's performance was so amazing, it easily carried the lesser performances around him.

xa1slirmcb3fcfk3bpyp.jpg

as far as i am concerned they are about to ruin something that could have been quite good if done right.....the "Worlds Finest" concept....i also dont think the girl they cast as Wonder Woman looks the part ....she looked kinda small and too thin.....if this movie flops DC will have a hard time bouncing back.....

I remember a lot of people complaining when Heath Ledger was picked to be The Joker.

Ledger knocked it out of the park.

Me? I'm more concerned with Zach Snyder directing.

Ugh.

But I'll like Ben too.

Loved Keaton..he brought a manic quality to Batman. Bale was good too.

Couldn't stand Clooney (To snarky) or Kilmer (Whaaa?)..

I think Affleck will do fine.

Ledger was too hard to watch. He was a little too dark. Jack Nicholson nailed it, and I didn't flinch over and over again when he was on the screen.

Forum List

Back