First look at Ben Affleck as Batman

I like campy.

Ledger was good, but there was no fun. I want batman to be fun.

I like campy.

Ledger was good, but there was no fun. I want batman to be fun.

Batman isn't a very fun character. Parents murdered in front of him, dresses like a bat to instill fear in criminals, a long list of serial killers that he's had to stop, various underage partners killed....he's not a happy person. :lol:

The moment I heard they had cast Ben Affleck as Batman I made the decision to skip the movie.. So disappointed.. They did the same thing with 50 Shades and cast some relative unknown as Christian Grey.

Ah shit... They're making Daredevil into a TV series...

I guess they can't screw it up any more than the movie did...

That's all I see in that picture... Affleck as Matt Murdock...

it may not be that bad... so far they are doing pretty good with "Arrow"....and they got a "Flash" series coming up.....

Yeah, they have the small screen down. Marvel, on the other hand, is struggling there.

it may not be that bad... so far they are doing pretty good with "Arrow"....and they got a "Flash" series coming up.....

Yeah, they have the small screen down. Marvel, on the other hand, is struggling there.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. DC has one pretty good show in Arrow. Marvel has one pretty bad show in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. So yes, Marvel is struggling, but DC isn't exactly having wild success with television.

Smallville was certainly successful, running 10 seasons, but I'm not counting it for this discussion because it's not part of any larger DCU. There's been talk that Arrow may end up connected to the movies they are working on.

Marvel has a few series being worked on, hopefully they can improve over AoS. Daredevil, Agent Carter, and at least one or two others have been discussed.

Don't forget The Flash.

did not realize this thread was going again.......QW i think if SHEILD would bring some of the Super folk too do an episode or 2 it might help them a lot....i thought the episode with Sif in it picked it up a lot....

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. DC has one pretty good show in Arrow. Marvel has one pretty bad show in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. So yes, Marvel is struggling, but DC isn't exactly having wild success with television.

Smallville was certainly successful, running 10 seasons, but I'm not counting it for this discussion because it's not part of any larger DCU. There's been talk that Arrow may end up connected to the movies they are working on.

Marvel has a few series being worked on, hopefully they can improve over AoS. Daredevil, Agent Carter, and at least one or two others have been discussed.

i dont think SHIELD is that bad.....they just need some super heros to come and go....

Ben Affleck is pretty hot and I really like Batman the best out of all of them...

I don't believe those are veins either.

.i.0.ben-affleck-batman.jpg

did not realize this thread was going again.......QW i think if SHEILD would bring some of the Super folk too do an episode or 2 it might help them a lot....i thought the episode with Sif in it picked it up a lot....

I was surprised the thread is still alive myself. I am hoping that most of the problems with Agents of Shield was because of them not wanting to spoil Winter Soldier, just like most of the geeks on the internet.

I was surprised the thread is still alive myself. I am hoping that most of the problems with Agents of Shield was because of them not wanting to spoil Winter Soldier, just like most of the geeks on the internet.

have you seen that yet?.....i havent, but the comments i was reading some people were saying that it was one of the best Super Hero movies yet....

I like the new costume. I'm still not sold on Affleck wearing it, however.

Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is pretty questionable as well.

I like the new costume. I'm still not sold on Affleck wearing it, however.

Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is pretty questionable as well.

as far as i am concerned when they remade Lex from a mad genius scientist to a big bad rich guy they killed the character....

as far as i am concerned when they remade Lex from a mad genius scientist to a big bad rich guy they killed the character....

I thought Kevin Spacey did alright in the role. It was basically just a warm up for his character on House of Cards, all things considered. lol

However, I never did see what all the fuss was about where Gene Hackman's portrayal of the character was concerned. He just came off as being sort of goofy.

Last edited:

I thought Kevin Spacey did alright in the role. It was basically just a warm up for his character on House of Cards, all things considered. lol

However, I never did see what all the fuss was about where Gene Hackman's portrayal of the character was concerned. He just came off as being sort of goofy.

ive read hundreds of Superman Comics....the guy never wore a piece....at least in the 50's-70's.....

Forum List

Back