First look at Ben Affleck as Batman

ive read hundreds of Superman Comics....the guy never wore a piece....at least in the 50's-70's.....

Gotcha. I've never been much of a comic reader myself, unfortunately

i was weened on these things late 50's to middle 60's then it tapered off a lot until my son got big enough to were he got interested in the 80's then because of him got into them again for about 10 years....now very little just tv and movies....

i was weened on these things late 50's to middle 60's then it tapered off a lot until my son got big enough to were he got interested in the 80's then because of him got into them again for about 10 years....now very little just tv and movies....

I hear ya. Comics don't really seem to be a thing primarily for kids anymore these days.

They seem to be mostly be an adult medium.

I hear ya. Comics don't really seem to be a thing primarily for kids anymore these days.

when i was a kid they were aimed at kids......when my son started getting into them in the 80's i noticed they had changed quite a bit.....i really got into Valiant comics then.....and then everyone started drawing the characters like my fellow Anaheim resident Rob Liefeld....everyone was built like they where on super steroids....it changed the art work to much everyone looked the same..... i said enough....but yea Graphic Comics were aimed at an older crowd....some were pretty well done......

xa1slirmcb3fcfk3bpyp.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that the Batsuit actually has veins does not reassure me that they are going to screw this up royally.

And that pose doesn't make me think of that atrocious movie that shall not be named even slightly.

I don't know, but there is something about Ben Affleck that I just don't like much. Don't ask me what it is though, because I just don't know. :lol: He just annoys me for some reason.

I think it probably appeals more so to younger generation of adults than the older generations though. I'm sure some of the old timers still think of Adam West as Batman. Hee-hee!

xa1slirmcb3fcfk3bpyp.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that the Batsuit actually has veins does not reassure me that they are going to screw this up royally.

And that pose doesn't make me think of that atrocious movie that shall not be named even slightly.

Affleck? What about 'Robin' from the end of Dark Knight Rises? Is this some other director-writer's "Batman?" Like Burton's abominations? :)

I think it probably appeals more so to younger generation of adults than the older generations though. I'm sure some of the old timers still think of Adam West as Batman. Hee-hee!

not me....and any other comic person i know in my age group.....

So who is your favorite actor to play Batman? I really liked Christian Bale as Batman. He just seems to have that "mysterious" quality about him, and he's really hot too. Lol!

I wasn't too crazy about the appearance of his Batman costume though. Something seemed a little off about it to me, but oh well, still a really enjoyable movie. :)

I don't know, but there is something about Ben Affleck that I just don't like much. Don't ask me what it is though, because I just don't know. :lol: He just annoys me for some reason.

Eh. I think he's got a shot of doing "okay" in the role. We'll just have to see what he's given to work with.

I'd agree that he can be kind of annoying though. :lol:

I think the primary audience these days would probably be people roughly Kevin Smith's age, to be honest.

They grew up with comics, and then simply never gave them up once they got older. By way of comparison, a lot of today's young people don't really even read comics anymore.

They have video games. :D

Last edited:

So who is your favorite actor to play Batman? I really liked Christian Bale as Batman. He just seems to have that "mysterious" quality about him, and he's really hot too. Lol!

I wasn't too crazy about the appearance of his Batman costume though. Something seemed a little off about it to me, but oh well, still a really enjoyable movie. :)

i thought he was the best too.....Keaton pulled off the acting part but i felt he was a tad to small....Batman has always been around 6'2 220.....Kilmer was so so.....Cloony almost destroyed the character......of course his movie almost did that......

Eh. I think he's got a shot of doing "okay" in the role. He'll just have to see what he's given to work with.

I think the primary audience these days would probably be people roughly Kevin Smith's age, to be honest.

They grew up with comics, and then simply never gave them up once they got older. By way of comparison, a lot of today's young people don't really even read comics anymore.

Comics have changed so much i cant blame them.....they were at one time imaginative and fun.....most absolutely unbelievable....but then thats what made them fun and why they were called Comics...

Eh. I think he's got a shot of doing "okay" in the role. We'll just have to see what he's given to work with.

I'll take your word for it. I really wouldn't know, as I've never really been into comics myself. :)

i thought he was the best too.....Keaton pulled off the acting part but i felt he was a tad to small....Batman has always been around 6'2 220.....Kilmer was so so.....Cloony almost destroyed the character......of course his movie almost did that......

Bale is certainly the best we've had so far. Frankly, that's true of both his portrayal of Batman and Bruce Wayne. He was fittingly intimidating and serious behind the mask, and more than suave enough to pull off a socialite in a suite and tie as well.

He's probably the best we'll ever get, to be honest ('scary Batman voice' not withstanding :lol: ).

Keaton was "okay," but like Harry said, he was always a bit too small for the part. He also had a certain shy social awkwardness about him as Bruce Wayne which didn't really mesh with the character.

He was a bit of a "dork," for lack of a better word. lol

Comics have changed so much i cant blame them.....they were at one time imaginative and fun.....most absolutely unbelievable....but then thats what made them fun and why they were called Comics...

True. We have gotten some really good story lines out of it though.

Watchmen and the Dark Knight Returns are some of my absolute favorites.

I'll take your word for it. I really wouldn't know, as I've never really been into comics myself. :)

Me neither, to be honest. I read Watchmen and a couple of other graphic novels when I was at military school, simply because the library was a good place to hide out from the upperclassmen, and they had a good selection to choose from.

I never really got into it as a regular hobby, however. lol

Me neither, to be honest. I read Watchmen and a couple of other graphic novels when I was at military school, simply because the library was a good place to hide out from the upperclassmen, and they had a good selection to choose from.

I never really got into it as a regular hobby, however. lol

See? I don't have a clue because I don't even know what that is. :lol:

Well it might be my cup of tea. I don't know. :) I enjoyed the Batman movies, even if some of them were kind of silly.

Watchmen (2009)

The film was directed by the same guy who did 300, so it's sort of a strange mish-mash of a movie in general. It's really, really dark, violent, gory, and stylized, with kind of a weird sense of humor running through the whole thing.

Here's the opening scene, for instance.

It's a bit on the long side, but if you like "off-beat" movies with great special effects, you'll probably find it interesting at the very least.

The soundtrack's kind of cool too. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back