First in the nation, healthcare is now a human right in Oregon

Having a right to something doesnkr meanirs provided to you

That is exactly what the Left believes the right to healthcare means. Universal healthcare is their goal, and in their view every person has a right to access it whether they can pay for it or not. And that does mean that treatment must be provided. To everybody.

it simply means i have a right to go seek it

Nobody has ever denied a person's right to go find health care, but the problem is in providing it. That's what access means.

That is exactly what the Left believes the right to healthcare means. Universal healthcare is their goal, and in their view every person has a right to access it whether they can pay for it or not. And that does mean that treatment must be provided. To everybody.

Nobody has ever denied a person's right to go find health care, but the problem is in providing it. That's what access means.
i submit to you the left has no idea what “rights” are

Agreed that’s why i said it’s always been one

Another first.
This state has now fully become the leftist's utopia. We've decriminalized ALL illicit drugs, we damn near have made it nearly impossible to buy a gun with Measure 114 that these asswipes voted for, and now healthcare is a 'human right'.
Anytime you hear someone say "healthcare should be a human right", what they're really saying is, "someone else needs to pay for my healthcare".

Voters in Oregon pass health care measure​

By AP staff (AP)
PORTLAND, Ore. Nov. 14, 2022 9:01 p.m.
Oregon voters have narrowly passed a measure that decrees health care a human right.
Measure 111 makes Oregon the first state in the nation to change its constitution to explicitly declare affordable health care a fundamental right.

They can pass a resolution but can they back it up with action?

I’m guessing they cant

If it's a "human right" then they can't deny "illegal immigrants" from other states. If you can't afford something, just head to Oregon.

And that has been the worry of many of us here all during this campaign season. I swear I hate the left with every fucking fiber of my body, I just want to kill some people!

Their definition seems to be "stuff you should get for free".
They don't know the difference between a right and a privilege.
Your Rights are whatever you can manage to maintain either by cooperation or force. Which means if we bow your head and bend your knee your Rights are exactly what we say they are. What they aren't is magical fairy dust sprinkled on you by Mother Nature. 😄

Last edited:
Nope. Rights aren't determined by the whim of the majority. This is what people are talking about when they say you don't understand "rights". You think it's just shit people vote on. You're wrong. It's the opposite. It's the things we're not allowed to vote on.

Nope. Rights aren't determined by the whim of the majority. This is what people are talking about when they say you don't understand "rights". You think it's just shit people vote on. You're wrong. It's the opposite. It's the things we're not allowed to vote on.
I didn't even mention voting in my post you illiterate Short Bus riding moron. 😄 The fact that you're acknowledging that there is an entity not allowing you to do something should be a giant fucking clue to you.

I didn't even mention voting in my post you illiterate Short Bus riding moron. 😄 The fact that you're acknowledging that there is an entity not allowing you to do something should be a giant fucking clue to you.
It's a clue that you still don't understand what rights are.

It's a clue that you still don't understand what rights are.
You clearly don't and are too afraid to state clearly what you think they are. You say it isn't derived from the will of the majority but ultimately our Constitution wasn't derived from a lightening bolt from Zeus or a burning bush, it was written and then ratified by a majority of men.

You clearly don't and are too afraid to state clearly what you think they are.
I can state if very clearly. Rights are freedoms. They exist independently of government - they're a byproduct of volition. That doesn't mean that a given government will respect those rights, and I think that's where you get confused.

The most important thing here is that "rights" aren't claims on the labor of others. Real rights don't require that anyone else do anything for you - other than leave you alone.

I can state if very clearly. Rights are freedoms. They exist independently of government - they're a byproduct of volition. That doesn't mean that a given government will respect those rights, and I think that's where you get confused.
No Boy, you're confused. 😄

Ultimate freedom would be anarchy, lawlessness. In that scenario there is no government and so you are free to do whatever you want provided you have the ability to do it.

Rights exist in society as a way to regulate freedom between individuals and each other and individuals and the State. (In the wild you have the freedom to swing your arms anywhere you want, in society your right to swing your arms ends at my person) Rights therefore have no real context outside of society or government.
The most important thing here is that "rights" aren't claims on the labor of others. Real rights don't require that anyone else do anything for you - other than leave you alone.
You still haven't stated clearly what rights are. They aren't freedom. You don't need the government to be free.

No Boy, you're confused. 😄

Ultimate freedom would be anarchy, lawlessness. In that scenario there is no government and so you are free to do whatever you want provided you have the ability to do it.
mkay. Irrelevant point, but true enough.
You still haven't stated clearly what rights are. They aren't freedom. You don't need the government to be free.
Yeah, I have. It didn't register in your brain because you have a fundamental disdain for rights. All they do is get in the way of your dreams of ubiquitous government.

mkay. Irrelevant point, but true enough.

Yeah, I have. It didn't register in your brain because you have a fundamental disdain for rights. All they do is get in the way of your dreams of ubiquitous government.
You really haven't, in fact you conceded, admitting your point was stupid. 😄

Your Rights are whatever you can manage to maintain either by cooperation or force. Which means if we bow your head and bend your knee your Rights are exactly what we say they are. What they aren't is magical fairy dust sprinkled on you by Mother Nature. 😄
It's what WHO says they are?

Forum List

Back