Man fired for being white. Is white the new black?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

A white sign-language interpreter says he was booted from “The Lion King” on Broadway because of his skin color.

Keith Wann, 53, was one of at least two people forced off the production by the non-profit Theatre Development Fund – which staffs Broadway shows with American Sign Language interpreters – after the group decided it was “no longer appropriate to have white interpreters represent black characters for ASL Broadway shows.”

Wann filed a federal discrimination lawsuit on Tuesday against the organization and the director of its accessibility programs, Lisa Carling.

Is white the new black?

Want Justice? FIGHT for it.
Otherwise you get the crumbs they hand you.

Not sure why conservatives believe the world OWES them Justice or fairness ? Odd. White "Privilege" maybe ??

Last edited:
Racism goes both ways in America. There will likely be an upsurge soon as Trump plays it up for political gain.

The American south is primed for it coming, over the hurt they're feeling from the election.

If you want to end discrimination based on race stop discriminating based on race....
This doesn't help minorities... business owners will stop hiring blacks if they are forced to promote only them....

Things were going well in the USA until Obama was elected. Suddenly cops became racist when his professor pal got arrested, then Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, BLM invited to the White House and here we are.

A white sign-language interpreter says he was booted from “The Lion King” on Broadway because of his skin color.

Keith Wann, 53, was one of at least two people forced off the production by the non-profit Theatre Development Fund – which staffs Broadway shows with American Sign Language interpreters – after the group decided it was “no longer appropriate to have white interpreters represent black characters for ASL Broadway shows.”

Wann filed a federal discrimination lawsuit on Tuesday against the organization and the director of its accessibility programs, Lisa Carling.

Is white the new black?
I'm pretty sure that's illegal...

In New York City and New York State it sure as hell is.

I have a feeling he will be dropping his suit due to peer pressure very very soon.
It's kind of a fascinating case, but the interpreter can't lose.

His lawyer will demand that the entire cast be fired under the same rationale; it's not appropriate for humans to play animals because we shoot and imprison and eat them, and that's super racist.

It's kind of a fascinating case, but the interpreter can't lose.

His lawyer will demand that the entire cast be fired under the same rationale; it's not appropriate for humans to play animals because we shoot and imprison and eat them, and that's super racist.

Animals actually aren't a protected class (yet), But in NYC and NYS race sure as hell is.

Animals actually aren't a protected class (yet), But in NYC and NYS race sure as hell is.
Of course - it's just pointing out the underlying idiocy of the Fund's thinking.

The Fund will settle with the interpreter, but a lawyer would have a field day with a jury. :)

The Fund will settle with the interpreter, but a lawyer would have a field day with a jury. :)

I'm wondering why they went to federal court instead of through the State/City system for discrimination claims.

Is white the new black?
No

I'm wondering why they went to federal court instead of through the State/City system for discrimination claims.
Perhaps the Fund effed up based on race AND disability; they can rope an ADA complaint in as well by going federal.

The Fund seriously screwed the lion cub on this one.

Last edited:
Charltin Heston...Planet of the Apes..."A world where Apes evolved from Men"!..."There's got to be an answer." We know the end game though.

If you want to end discrimination based on race stop discriminating based on race....
This doesn't help minorities... business owners will stop hiring blacks if they are forced to promote only them....

I won't hire blacks.

Of course I won't say I won't hire blacks because they are black. Just say they weren't selected, found someone more qualified, etc. Long as you don't state your true reason no one can say anything.

Blacks have just wore out their welcome with me the past few years. I won't even let one out into traffic if I see one trying to get out.

I won't hire blacks.

Of course I won't say I won't hire blacks because they are black. Just say they weren't selected, found someone more qualified, etc. Long as you don't state your true reason no one can say anything.

Blacks have just wore out their welcome with me the past few years. I won't even let one out into traffic if I see one trying to get out.
That makes you a racist.

Racism goes both ways in America. There will likely be an upsurge soon as Trump plays it up for political gain.

The American south is primed for it coming, over the hurt they're feeling from the election.
Racism is always used for political gain. That is why it exists, politics. After all, politics is simply the art of dividing and conquering among various groups, to give your group the leg up on the other. Race, that is, the color of ones skin, is simply an easy way to do this because people are half retarded.

When America first was established, politically the objective was to take the land for the white Europeans, so they made racism against native Americans PC as well as blacks for free labor. They did this knowing they had superior numbers and arms and it would be no problem

However, today, the pendulum has swung to the other side. Now politically they see that the darker skinned people outnumber the white skinned people, so now it is time to do to the white skinned people what they once did to the darker skinned people

In fact, the only time race matters is when it comes to two things, politics and health care. In health care, they simply have to trace genetic traits is the only reason, unlike Elizabeth Warren who claimed she had genetic links to native Americans so that she could receive preferential treatment to advance her career politically.

Isn't politics wonderful?

Forum List

Back