First Grader In Georgia Bullied By Teachers Until He Agreed To Join Class Prayer

I hope the school and teachers get sued and the teachers lose their jobs

I have seen this behavior up front here in the south

"Two students, one in kindergarten and the other a first-grader, were identified in the suit as Jamie and Jesse Doe. They brought the forced prayers to the attention of the parents, identified as John and Jane Doe, in August 2014. John Doe notified the school that teacher-led prayers were a violation of the constitutional rights of his family.

But rather than stopping the prayers, the Doe children were told to sit in the hallway during class prayer time. Jesse, who was in first grade, told John and Jane Doe what happened, saying the teacher used “her mean voice” when she told the child to leave her classroom so she could lead the other students in prayer.

Additionally, another teacher would not allow Jesse from going to recess. According to legal documents from the case, the teacher wanted to:

“Talk to Jesse about her personal conception of the Christian god. She spent almost the entire recess period explaining her personal views on Christianity’s god: that God loves Jesse and that God made the world.”

First Grader In Georgia Bullied By Teachers Until He Agreed To Join Class Prayer
I call bullshit

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Group Says Emanuel County School Leaders Settle Lawsuit, School Prayer Stopped

With link to lawsuit documents.
Th at doesn't mean shit. all it says is the schools settle lawsuits ..

"Two students, one in kindergarten and the other a first-grader, were identified in the suit as Jamie and Jesse Doe. They brought the forced prayers to the attention of the parents, identified as John and Jane Doe, in August 2014. John Doe notified the school that teacher-led prayers were a violation of the constitutional rights of his family.

But rather than stopping the prayers, the Doe children were told to sit in the hallway during class prayer time. Jesse, who was in first grade, told John and Jane Doe what happened, saying the teacher used “her mean voice” when she told the child to leave her classroom so she could lead the other students in prayer.

Additionally, another teacher would not allow Jesse from going to recess. According to legal documents from the case, the teacher wanted to:

“Talk to Jesse about her personal conception of the Christian god. She spent almost the entire recess period explaining her personal views on Christianity’s god: that God loves Jesse and that God made the world.”

I call bullshit

Did you click on the link to the lawsuit itself?

I call bullshit

Again it is a lawsuit. Never went to Cort never had any witnesses questioned just was setteled. I call bullshit because there is no proof other then the parents say so

I call bullshit

Again it is a lawsuit. Never went to Cort never had any witnesses questioned just was setteled. I call bullshit because there is no proof other then the parents say so

Ok then.

I call bullshit

Really? did you read the article from the Jewish publication, This happens a lot in the christer south against Jews and other non christers . The good new the christers are getting caught and being taken care of. It has happnd to our family, but it didn't go to far. My grandson came home from school after the first day of kindergarten and told us the teacher told them before their lunch that they would bow their head and thank jesus for the food, the next day my daughter was up at school and the day after that the school called and informed her that the teacher was spoken to and that stuff will not happen again. We Jews don't bow or pray to christian gods. Another tidbit , another grandchild came home and said the teacher kept asking her what church she went to and always talker about her religion and her jesus- this to 3rd graders. Again, another trip up to the school, thankfully another parent complained and 2 weeks later the teach was was no longer there , we got a letter from the school district apologizing .

Last edited:
aris2chat, all you do is show your hubris. You can never prove that God does not exist. That is why the Constitution protects us in our belief and our right how to exercise it.

As opposed to being submissive and lack of confidence in my beliefs?

You can have your god(s), but not in the class room where everyone of every belief is there is learn facts and logic

I have a long history and experience behind my distrust and disgust in organized religion. You can believe but you do not have the right to teach my children and grandchildren your myths in school, beyond historic context of the people's actions at the time. If you teach one faith, you would have to teach them all without prejudice as to which one is right or wrong. That is best left to the family and their church, not the public school system.

Kindly keep your god out of my face.

I don't have to prove god does not exist, you have to prove it does. For every miracle there is a logical explanation. So how do you prove something that is not real to your children? A wish upon a star? I would rather children rely on themselves and think a problem through, not some mysterious invisible phantom being with magical powers that cannot be relied on or consistant to all creation.

Show how the trick is done and it is no longer magic, just a skill of illusion to fool and control people.

aris2chat, I don't care about your pedigree and history with deity.

I do care that public school personnel keep the class room and other activities free from religious instruction and from atheistic instruction.

Each has its place in a liberal arts class that is educational about theism and atheism.

Last edited:
aris2chat, all you do is show your hubris. You can never prove that God does not exist. That is why the Constitution protects us in our belief and our right how to exercise it.

You can have your god(s), but not in the class room where everyone of every belief is there is learn facts and logic

I have a long history and experience behind my distrust and disgust in organized religion. You can believe but you do not have the right to teach my children and grandchildren your myths in school, beyond historic context of the people's actions at the time. If you teach one faith, you would have to teach them all without prejudice as to which one is right or wrong. That is best left to the family and their church, not the public school system.

I don't have to prove god does not exist, you have to prove it does. For every miracle there is a logical explanation. So how do you prove something that is not real to your children? A wish upon a star? I would rather children rely on themselves and think a problem through, not some mysterious invisible phantom being with magical powers that cannot be relied on or consistant to all creation.

Show how the trick is done and it is no longer magic, just a skill of illusion to fool and control people.

hunt his ass down for saying the same shit about christians

That is best left to the family and their church, not the public school system.

:clap2:

aris2chat, I don't care about your pedigree and history with deity.

I do care that public school personnel keep the class room and other activities free from religious instruction and from atheistic instruction.

Each has its place in a liberal arts class that is educational about theism and atheism.

History/anthropology of religion is a college level field of study, not for the lower classes. Public school should stick to the math and science, get the children grounded in the basics. Best to learn the science of physics before the philosophy of metaphysical theory and dogmatic theology. First learn what things are and how things works before the whys and wherefores of existence itself. Facts before theory.

Children and young adults should be allowed to find their own path to god, if they choose to. First teach them to think and reason, to separate fact from fiction. Then let them seek meaning beyond that on their own, after they have the tools to do so. First teach them to be skeptical, to question, before they find something to "believe".

Having no concept of rights & freedom is one thing, having no concept of law is another. Who do they think they are? Forcing someone to do something he doesn't want to. Anyway, just sue them. This should be an easy win.

Children are to be guided by their parents or their guardians to faith belief.

That path has nothing to do with public schools other than liberal arts classes that are educational: logic, mythology, comparative religion, etc.

This kind of thing is what public education is all about - the community indoctrinating its children.

Forum List

Back