First Day in Heaven

This life is short and filled with pain and suffering, heaven is eternal bliss. I would think every Christian's goal would be heaven and doing whatever it takes in this life to get there. Isn't that the point?
No.

Is it possible people overthink theology? In many ways the Bible is, essentially, a self-help book for life here on earth. Love God, love one's fellowman, and the rest is just details. Knowing God loves us, is it possible to love God even more than we do right now? Knowing the love people do have for us, is it possible for us to love them better?
Maybe it is best not to think about theology at all? How about: Love one's fellowman, and the rest is just details. Knowing the love people do have for us, is it possible for us to love them better?

I think the results, at least in this life, would be the same.
God does not grade on a curve.

Is accepting Christ enough for salvation? Is everyone who accepts Christ bound for heaven regardless of their religion?

How are you defining "salvation"? If salvation is thought of in terms of the afterlife, then a lot is missed. While Catholics use the term 'salvation', just as often we hear about redemption--living a redeemed life. We don't "accept" Christ. We are disciples of Christ following the Way of Redemption/Salvation in this life. We incorporate what we taught, how he acted, into our own individual lives today. "Accepting" Christ without incorporating Christ bemuses me. What is the point?
This life is short and filled with pain and suffering, heaven is eternal bliss. I would think every Christian's goal would be heaven and doing whatever it takes in this life to get there. Isn't that the point?
Because we were designed to be eternal we fight death.

Sure, rejecting Christ is the center of the Christian faith for salvation. :cuckoo:
Is accepting Christ enough for salvation? Is everyone who accepts Christ bound for heaven regardless of their religion?
You mean regardless of their past.
Yes.
So good Protestants, Catholics, Mormons, Orthodox Christians, Gnostics, and Coptic Christians all go to heaven even though they may have different views on Jesus?

Sure, rejecting Christ is the center of the Christian faith for salvation. :cuckoo:
You mean regardless of their past.
Yes.
So good Protestants, Catholics, Mormons, Orthodox Christians, Gnostics, and Coptic Christians all go to heaven even though they may have different views on Jesus?
Mormons don’t have a Christian view of Jesus.

But anyone else who does, from the tribesman in Borneo to Billy Graham who accept Jesus are all “The Church”

View attachment 182521
All of us who have accepted Christ as our Savior will have this look.

This Friday the movie of the story behind the song opens in theaters.

With eight billion people......do you have to wait in line for a Jesus hug or do they give you an appointment?

Applying your 4 dimensional knowledge to Gods infinite dimensions shows you have a lot to learn.

Are you claiming there is more than one Jesus when you get to Heaven ?

But anyone else who does, from the tribesman in Borneo to Billy Graham who accept Jesus are all “The Church”
I'm guessing they might not agree. I'm not well educated on Mormonism, what makes their view not Christian?

View attachment 182521
All of us who have accepted Christ as our Savior will have this look.

This Friday the movie of the story behind the song opens in theaters.

With eight billion people......do you have to wait in line for a Jesus hug or do they give you an appointment?

Applying your 4 dimensional knowledge to Gods infinite dimensions shows you have a lot to learn.

Are you claiming there is more than one Jesus when you get to Heaven ?

You’re not growing in knowledge.

Good people go to heaven. That includes atheists.

I'm guessing they might not agree. I'm not well educated on Mormonism, what makes their view not Christian?
Mormons don’t accept Jesus as the son of God sent for our redemption. Mormonism is a counterfeit corruption created by a single man who wanted power and multiple wives.

Not in the Christian faith they don’t. And there’s no such thing as a good person. The best works are filthy rags.....

Thanks, you're very inclusive! :113:

I'm not sure that is mainstream Christian teaching though: No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT)

Forum List

Back