First Day in Heaven

It is my soul's and my heart's inspiration in loving others.
Seems like a crutch. Why don't I need it?
Jesus is not a crutch.
He is a million Mayo Clinics.
Hmmm...nope, still seema like a crutch.... I mean, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that. I would rather you ise your crutch than lose it and degenerate into a crazed killer addict.
True, non believers tend to turn into crazed killer addicts much more frequently. In fact, almost always.

d9542bb0448641d7059e274fd81fece0-d45h8su.jpg

Valhalla

View attachment 182521
All of us who have accepted Christ as our Savior will have this look.
I thought Christian doctrine is that God elects so it doesn't matter what we do?
You thought wrong.
I'm not the only one apparently:

The ninth chapter of Romans also reiterates the elective purposes of God. There, in reference to His saving love for Jacob (and Jacob’s descendants) as opposed to Esau (and Esau’s lineage), God’s electing prerogative is clearly displayed. God chose Jacob over Esau, not on the basis of anything Jacob or Esau had done, but according to His own free and uninfluenced sovereign purpose. To those who might protest, “That is unfair!” Paul simply responds by asking, “Who are you, O man, who answers back to God?” (v. 20).

Many more Scriptures could be added to this survey. Yet as straightforward as the Word of God is, people continually have difficulty accepting the doctrine of election. The reason, again, is that they allow their preconceived notions of how God should act (based on a human definition of fairness) to override the truth of His sovereignty as laid out in the Scriptures.

Frankly, the only reason to believe in election is because it is found explicitly in God’s Word. No man and no committee of men originated this doctrine. It is like the doctrine of eternal punishment, in that it conflicts with the dictates of the carnal mind. It is repugnant to the sentiments of the unregenerate heart. And like the doctrine of the Holy Trinity and the miraculous birth of our Savior, the truth of election, because it has been revealed by God, must be embraced with simple and unquestioning faith. If you have a Bible and you believe it, you have no other option but to accept what it teaches.​

Gotta love it when an atheist quotes scripture like they know WTF they're talking about.

Forum List

Back