First black attorney general, said, the U. S. was "a nation of cowards"

Wolfmoon

U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!
Jan 15, 2009
PROUD, USA
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/18/holder-calls-nation-cowards-race-matters/

WASHINGTON -- Eric Holder, the nation's first black attorney general, said Wednesday the United States was "a nation of cowards" on matters of race, with most Americans avoiding candid discussions of racial issues.
In a speech to Justice Department employees marking Black History Month, Holder said the workplace is largely integrated but Americans still self-segregate on the weekends and in their private lives.
"Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards," Holder said.

-----

My 2 cents worth.

When I heard Eric Holder say, "We're a nation of cowards". I first thought speak for yourself and what a great way to greet his public. Then, I thought, if whites weren't afraid of being killed, murdered or robbed by blacks maybe, we could have a better dialog. Pat Buchanan on MSNBC this morning, brought up a valid point, when he said, blacks kill more whites than whites kill blacks then gave the percentages. I think, it was blacks 47% and white 3%.

The blacks need education, proper housing, medical care, permanent jobs and the government is spending all the money on illegal aliens and their children.

It also, brings to mind a story about Tookie Williams, he was a street thug that did an unforgivable heinous crime. While he was on Death Row, he educated himself. When it came time for him to be put to death, he ask for clemency. While, I did not think he deserved it. I did notice that he had changed himself, into a well spoken, educated individual. That reinforced my thought that it would be good to educate people in prison and give them ethical traing on how to be moral. Starting from the Kindergarden level. Most criminals are criminal because that's all they know how to be. We need to stop spending money on illegal aliens and take care of our own nations ills.

We are not the people who violently protested blacks in public schools, we are a new generation. So, I think it was wrong for Mr. Holder to clump us with past bigots. In my opinon that's not the way to introduce yourself to the nation of people you are to rule over.

Last edited:
As a nation we have done a pretty good job in melding the races in the workplace. We work with one another, lunch together and, when the event is at the workplace during work hours or shortly thereafter, we socialize with one another fairly well, irrespective of race. And yet even this interaction operates within certain limitations. We know, by "American instinct" and by learned behavior, that certain subjects are off limits and that to explore them risks, at best embarrassment, and, at worst, the questioning of one’s character. And outside the workplace the situation is even more bleak in that there is almost no significant interaction between us. On Saturdays and Sundays America in the year 2009 does not, in some ways, differ significantly from the country that existed some fifty years ago. This is truly sad. Given all that we as a nation went through during the civil rights struggle it is hard for me to accept that the result of those efforts was to create an America that is more prosperous, more positively race conscious and yet is voluntarily socially segregated.

We are then free to retreat to our race protected cocoons where much is comfortable and where progress is not really made. If we allow this attitude to persist in the face of the most significant demographic changes that this nation has ever confronted- and remember, there will be no majority race in America in about fifty years- the coming diversity that could be such a powerful, positive force will, instead, become a reason for stagnation and polarization. We cannot allow this to happen and one way to prevent such an unwelcome outcome is to engage one another more routinely- and to do so now.

Through its work and through its example this Department of Justice, as long as I am here, must - and will - lead the nation to the "new birth of freedom" so long ago promised by our greatest President. This is our duty and our solemn obligation.

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/speeches/2009/ag-speech-090218.html?loc=interstitialskip

'Voluntarily socially segregated' Voluntarily. Meaning 'of one's own free choice'. 'It is hard for me to accept . . . voluntarily socially segregated'. It's hard for him to accept how people voluntarily choose to live?

'If we allow this attitude to persist'. If we allow.

'DOJ must and will'. Must and will.

Sounds to me like the DOJ doesn't care for the fact that people - of their own free choosing - congregate with their own. Wonder what new 'changes' the DOJ must and will implement?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back