Just Another Hypocrite?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BrianH, Feb 20, 2009.

1. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Does anyone agree with the notion that Obama is, in fact, a hypocrite?

My reasons for believing so is do to various current events.

If I remember correctly, Obama (among other democrats) relentlessly barraged George Bush for his decision to increase troop levels. However, more recently, I've heard more and more talk about Obama intending on increasing troop levels.

If I also remember correctly, I remember Obama (among other democrats) bashing the hell out of his 700 billion dollar stimulus package. However, the democrats have devised an even more expensive (900 billion) package that puts LESS money in American pockets.

I'm just curious if there are still those who believe Obama is "change we can believe in" and somehow "different" (other than the color of his skin) than other presidents.

2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    He is different than other presidents in that his lack of experience, questionable history, and seeming embrace of leftist ideology could put this country at great risk.

We might be lucky if the worst he does is become another Carter - but there is the real threat Obama far exceeds Carter's considerable failures...

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,098
    he bashed troops being in iraq... said he was going to bring them outa there and said in the next breath or 2, more should be in afghanistan yahdeedah, during his campaign, if memory serves...

4. SavvyPap

SavvyPap Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barak seems to get a pass on everything....I kind of snicker when he says its time to work with those on the other side of the aisle......I guess they forgot about that issue the last 6 years..........jeez

5. Wolfmoon

Wolfmoon U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I think we're off to a bad start here. Political satire has always been vicious. It seems to me Obamas people are going to be pulling the race card at every venture. We'll have to see what the rest of the Obamas administration will do. So, far I think Obamas promise to end the war in the first 16 months in office was his biggest lie. People believed him and voted for him and now their going to find out it was all lies.

As far the stimulus package anyone thinking we can buy ourselves out of debt with more enormous debt has a screw loose. The intrest alone will eat us up alive. Yesterday, China was indicating that they thought it might be a bad financial move to loan America more money, they thought it might be a bad investment. Money wise yes, but if they loaned us the money and we couldn't repay, they could end up invading America and repossessing us.

Obama's top cop of the nation, Attorney General Eric Holder, the nation's first black attorney general, said Wednesday the United States was "a nation of cowards" on matters of race"
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/18/holder-calls-nation-cowards-race-matters/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    It's good to know I'm not the only one noticing the hypocricy. I made up my mind, when Obama was elected, to give him a chance to see what good he can do. So far, in my honest opinion, I can't stand the decisions he's making, or allowing Congress to make.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    He spoke throughout his campaign about increasing troop level in Afghanistan and taking the troops out of Iraq.

Furthermore, Bush's bailout was for the banks, Obama's was for the American people.

So epic fail on your part.

8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    really....how much was your check for......

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Oh ok, that's right...Obama's our night in shining armor:cuckoo:

Let's not forget that Obama consistently claimed that the surge of troops in Iraq would not work, and then conveniently forgot to admit he was wrong. Looks like he's just as bad as admitting mistakes as Bush was.

There's more pork in this stimulus than a Greek BBQ. Obama's signing a 900 billion dollar stimulus and sending 400-800 to the American people. Bush signed over 700 billion and send 1200 to the people last year. You all bitched about Bush increasing government spending and cutting taxes, now it's all "change we can believe in" when Obama does it. Liberal are so full of double-standards that they'll crap themselves if they bend over.

Pelosi concerned about a Murtha probe - John Bresnahan - Politico.com

10. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I never said he was, however he's not a hypocrite on these two things you dumbass. He's spoken throughout his campaign about both of these things, you just chose to not listen.

You're trying to change the subject and talk about whether the surge worked because you realized your points are wrong; cute.

Obama signed a $787 billion dollar bill; but I don't expect you to know facts.

Bush's bailout was $700 billion for the bailout.

Get your facts right before you come out to play. :eusa_whistle: