Firefox 57 is there

Based on Chrome which is based on Chromium. So?
Chrome and privacy...
It's based on Chrome but it's not Chrome........ Maybe you should read up on it first or have you gone full blown conspiracy nutjob...........
This is for the Android version but privacy is certainly not a strength of Brave. Even Chrome is saver, it seems. Firefox wins:
Brave Browser for Mobile: Your Privacy & Security Tested
Uuuummmm, same site........

Brave Is a Faster, Safer, Non-Google Web Browser Made for Today’s Internet

Plus

Benchmark tests: Brave browser vs. Chrome, Firefox, and IE 11

Speed comparison (Brave Vs Chrome Vs Firefox) · Issue #1737 · brave/browser-laptop · GitHub

That's just part of the list. Yes there are some sites that praise and some sites that deride Brave, I've read most of them, basically one needs to know who pays those sites bills to determine how unbiased they are. For all intent and purposes don't make a decision then go looking for bias confirmation, you'll find it.
Does that mean Brave is the end all, be all? Of course not. Does it have potential flaws and weaknesses? Of course it does, what browser doesn't.
Like I said, actually read up on it and not just those sites that minimize or deride Brave, when you've done the complete research then come back and try again from a position of knowledge, something that I know is hard for you to do.
My search caused mostly hits full of praise and glorification already in the title. However, you cannot argue this site is biased and at the same time post an article of the same site to strengthen your position. Maybe you are just after the bitcoins...
Nope, have no idea how bitcoins work nor do I have any interest.

Isn´t my Firefox 57 beautiful?

ff579ysft.jpg

Want to make your own look?
Have fun!

GitHub - Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx: Custom CSS tweaks for Firefox 57+

I just pulled it. Not Too Bad. :clap2:
I was one of the Mozilla suite developers in the late nineties. Glad to see some are interested in Contra Google.
Lets hope it continues and God Bless Linus Torvalds...........

Firefox is crap now!

No longer can one string together 9 proxies. :crybaby:

Seriously though, Firefox has been going downhill for the past couple years.

Firefox is crap now!

No longer can one string together 9 proxies. :crybaby:

Seriously though, Firefox has been going downhill for the past couple years.

It has, but they patched it.
What is it -- two weeks now it's running just fine. Except for a little while ago when everything gummed up. But I had turned AdBlock off so I could see somebody's image --- I switched it back on and it went back to smooth.

Don troll. This is a Firefox thread an I post guides for Firefox, whether you like it or not.
Oohhhh....... he mad........ PMS? Need some Midol?

So basically if you don't like a specific response you go all snowflake and claim the response is trolling....... Got it........ :thup:

Last edited:
So you've been using a Beta version?

No...it updated on it's own a couple of hours ago. But probably only if you are using Win 10...I don't know. Also it looks like it is 64 bit only?
It updated on my Win 7. It is fast even if it's ugly and broke a couple of my favorite add-ons.
So you find it ugly...?

I prefer the previous version.
I don´t. I prefer the UI of Firefox 4-27. When they introduced that ugly Chrome copycat "Auralis", the Classic Theme Restorer became a popular Addon. With the new limitation to WebExtensions, Addons can no longer modify the UI. The only solution to change it is the guide I posted above. Although requiring some efforts, the changes that can made with it, are quite advanced. By using the guide, you are actually deploying the Classic Theme Restorer but in another way.

I just downloaded and installed the latest version - forgot what it's called - and like it a lot. Back to the older version but a lot faster.

Isn't my Brave Browser beautiful?

Brave-Homescreen.png

And who the fuck really cares........ :lol:

I tried it. Good gawd what a not-ready-for-prime-time mess. Once installed it opened up, I started experimenting but closed the whole thing thinking I was just closing a tab. Learning curve, no big deal, right?

Then I couldn't find it. No shortcut on the desktop, nothing in the program list, couldn't even find it in Program files on the C disk. As if the installation I know I just did --- never happened. :wtf:

After an internet search -- others had the same question -- found the exe file in some arcane path I never would have guessed, created shortcuts, opened up and tweaked preferences, then imported data from Firefox. Brave just sat there, no indication anything was happening, offering to "restart now", which didn't respond. After a long wait suddenly it says "data imported successfully". Guess there was something going on after all. Who knew. Then tried to restart, would not respond. Sat there and bricked for a long time, finally crashed.

Every time I've tried to open it since, it crashes. Won't respond to anything and according to Task Manager is opening eight different processes gulping up memory. I have yet to find a way to use it at all. I surmise it's called "Brave" because that's what you have to be to try doing something with it. I just call it "Not Responding".

Isn't my Brave Browser beautiful?

Brave-Homescreen.png

And who the fuck really cares........ :lol:

I tried it. Good gawd what a not-ready-for-prime-time mess. Once installed it opened up, I started experimenting but closed the whole thing thinking I was just closing a tab. Learning curve, no big deal, right?

Then I couldn't find it. No shortcut on the desktop, nothing in the program list, couldn't even find it in Program files on the C disk. As if the installation I know I just did --- never happened. :wtf:

After an internet search -- others had the same question -- found the exe file in some arcane path I never would have guessed, created shortcuts, opened up and tweaked preferences, then imported data from Firefox. Brave just sat there, no indication anything was happening, offering to "restart now", which didn't respond. After a long wait suddenly it says "data imported successfully". Guess there was something going on after all. Who knew. Then tried to restart, would not respond. Sat there and bricked for a long time, finally crashed.

Every time I've tried to open it since, it crashes. Won't respond to anything and according to Task Manager is opening eight different processes gulping up memory. I have yet to find a way to use it at all. I surmise it's called "Brave" because that's what you have to be to try doing something with it. I just call it "Not Responding".
At least it has an alternative lock screen...

Forum List

Back