I just might git rid of the last Windows computer in the house.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
So here I am sitting here doing some work, emailing a client...I have open office spreadsheet open doing an estimate for someone...and why the heck is this laptop so goddang slow right now?
As i am sitting here WORKING...and it becomes almost unusable. i launch the Task Manager...100% disk usage and 96% memory and whut?...90% network??
What the hell is going on...what program is using this much data...none that I can see...how is this possible,,,none of the processes are sending/receiving....but wait....for a few seconds I see "Windows update"... FML.
Son of a bitch. Stick this system up M$'s ass.
Microsoft: "We are here!, Get out of the way!...Microsoft coming through!...anything else you are doing is irrelevant and subservient to our access!!".

F*ck Microsoft.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to tire of it myself. I just dont know about learning a new OS all over again being worth the time.

I'm beginning to tire of it myself. I just dont know about learning a new OS all over again being worth the time.

I have used Linuxmint and Ubuntu for years.
There is really nothing to learn. If 90% of what you do is via the internet and a browser, than nothing is different at all. Well...except it is faster.

So here I am sitting here doing some work, emailing a client...I have open office spreadsheet open doing an estimate for someone...and why the heck is this laptop so goddang slow right now?
As i am sitting here WORKING...and it becomes almost unusable. i launch the Task Manager...100% disk usage and 96% memory and whut?...90% network??
What the hell is going on...what program is using this much data...none that I can see...how is this possible,,,none of the processes are sending/receiving....but wait....for a few seconds I see "Windows update"... FML.
Microsoft: "I am here now, so get out of the way...Microsoft coming through...anything else you are doing is irrelevant to what we need to do".

F*ck Microsoft.
you do know that you can change it so that it downloads and then you can choose to install the updates at a later date, say...oh, I don't know. When your sleeping?

You were expecting anything else designed and programmed by The Best & The Brightest?

Microsoft: "I am here now, so get out of the way...Microsoft coming through...anything else you are doing is irrelevant to what we need to do".

F*ck Microsoft.
Download and install the following.
CCleaner - The world's most popular PC cleaner & optimization tool - Piriform
Run it at least three times a week. It has many features that will keep you're computer running nicely. It's great for checking to see what's loaded and running on your computer. It also has a great "uninstall" feature to remove unwanted programs. You can see what loads and runs at startup.
It just might be a solution for you. If you would like help finding out what's wrong with your computer, download and install "Download TeamViewer | TeamViewer" and I'll be able to check your computer for you.

F*ck Microsoft.
Run it at least three times a week. It has many features that will keep you're computer running nicely. It's great for checking to see what's loaded and running on your computer. It also has a great "uninstall" feature to remove unwanted programs. You can see what loads and runs at startup.
It just might be a solution for you. If you would like help finding out what's wrong with your computer, download and install "Download TeamViewer | TeamViewer" and I'll be able to check your computer for you.

That's not going to do a thing when the OS itself is the culprit.
Also keep in mind I use NoScript/ABP and Brave as a browser. I run Hijackthis occasionally also.

Apple I have found to be unintrusive. Always know when the windows laptop goes to crap it must be updating.

F*ck Microsoft.
/----/ I've use CCleaner for years. it's great

Never felt the need to upgrade from my last computer ...

trs80-iii.jpg

F*ck Microsoft.

Also keep in mind I use NoScript/ABP and Brave as a browser. I run Hijackthis occasionally also.
The Operating System works great for multi-millions of users. There's not a thing wrong with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Your problems are not Windows, Internet Explorer, nor a Microsoft related. Your problem seems to be some third party issue, which is easy to fix. I've been using Microsoft Windows Explorer for 22 years now, and haven't had issues, except for Windows Vista, which was a complete failure.

It sure sounds like you have something running in the background that's slowing your computer down. If you want help, just let me know. It's a free service that I provide to a lot of people. I've been doing it since 1995.

Microsoft: "We are here!, Get out of the way!...Microsoft coming through!...anything else you are doing is irrelevant and subservient to our access!!".

F*ck Microsoft.
I switched to a Linux OS. It's called Elementary OS, and you can get it for about 5 dollars. It's almost exactly like using windows, as far as the GUI goes. I can't play some of my games on it, but I have my system set up for dual boot. I'm loving it. If you want to take the plunge, I can help you set it up.

F*ck Microsoft.

The Operating System works great for multi-millions of users. There's not a thing wrong with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Your problems are not Windows, Internet Explorer, nor a Microsoft related. Your problem seems to be some third party issue, which is easy to fix. I've been using Microsoft Windows Explorer for 22 years now, and haven't had issues, except for Windows Vista, which was a complete failure.

It sure sounds like you have something running in the background that's slowing your computer down. If you want help, just let me know. It's a free service that I provide to a lot of people. I've been doing it since 1995.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He's an IT tech ya moron.........

F*ck Microsoft.

Yeah, that something running in the background is called a forced Microsoft update and if you're running Win 10 and still using IE (not Edge) then you better have some serious protection on board.

F*ck Microsoft.

Yeah, that something running in the background is called a forced Microsoft update and if you're running Win 10 and still using IE (not Edge) then you better have some serious protection on board.
Yes, Possible.

F*ck Microsoft.
you do know that you can change it so that it downloads and then you can choose to install the updates at a later date, say...oh, I don't know. When your sleeping?
Of course if you're like me you turn your computers off at night........ Plus you revert back to Win 7 and block all Win 10 upgrades now that Microsoft has finished blocking our ability to completely lock out background apps like Cortana.

F*ck Microsoft.

Hey, ask me if I give a shit.

Moron

F*ck Microsoft.

Yes, Possible.
He even stated he checked Processes and that's what was happening. You know how to check Processes......... right?

F*ck Microsoft.

Hey, ask me if I give a shit.

Moron
The thing is Spunny is you're out of your depth in this sub-forum. :lol:

Yes, Possible.
He even stated he checked Processes and that's what was happening. You know how to check Processes......... right?
I sure do.

Forum List

Back