Fire Marshall Shuts Down Officer Who Attempts To Violate His Rights

They don't try to make us feel safe. They all-too-often take an overly aggressive attitude which make us feel LESS safe. De-escalate a situation? Nope, that's not "manly enough" for many cops who demand that the citizenry simply comply with their every request.

Is there way for cop to know he has tint permit without stopping him........
Does the cop have the right to presume him guilty of tinting without a permit? I suspect Pennsylvania law says no, which is why he made up that bullshit about the headlights. People here know I don't jump at the chance to blame cops, but in this case he was probably wrong. It doesn't make America a police state, but it's an example of benign abuses Americans go through everyday.

Yes the cop can stop him for that. The court set standard for a lawful stop is only "reasonable suspicion". Not absolute guilt or even probable cause.

So...if tint that dark requires a special permit, the cop can have a rreasonable suspicion that it might be illegal tint. So he stops him and..its legal because of the permit. I will say...the permit should be a sticker that is displayed on the license tag though. It would be much easier.
Not necessarily. Like I said, different states have different laws that regulate what police can pull people over for. If I'm not wearing a seatbelt in Idaho, the police need another reason to pull me over and cite me for not wearing it. You're so quick to defend cops that you don't let yourself see what others pointed out to you, that the cop made up a bullshit excuse (the headlights were fine) because the window tint was insufficient a reason to legally pull him over. Cops can't just pull over cars for whatever reason, they have to follow their state's law and their department's policy.

Forum List

Back