Fire Marshall Shuts Down Officer Who Attempts To Violate His Rights

Is there way for cop to know he has tint permit without stopping him........

Nope but ONCE STOPPED AND THE PERMIT WAS PRESENTED then what do you think happens?
So the stop itself was valid?

Yes until it wasnt...then he shouldve been left alone

The stop was never invalid or illegal. He presented the required permit...fine. He was also acting confrontational and agitated. A COMMON behavior by people who have drugs in a car...because some cops will.back down and leave.

There is absolutely nothing unlawul or immoral about this stop. You cop haters are so desperate.And you just dont know the law.

Nope but ONCE STOPPED AND THE PERMIT WAS PRESENTED then what do you think happens?

The stop was never invalid or illegal. He presented the required permit...fine.

That is where it should've ended and invalidates his stop. Why would he try to get him out the car after the permit was presented? Check his mileage?

He was also acting confrontational and agitated. A COMMON behavior by people who have drugs in a car...because some cops will.back down and leave.

Its also common behavior of people who are agitated....That still doesnt make actions after the stop valid in anyway. I say he was be calm and collected COMMON behavior of people who have done nothign wrong

There is absolutely nothing unlawul or immoral about this stop. You cop haters are so desperate.And you just dont know the law.

Keep ignoring what happened AFTER he presented the permit. It adds to your credibility :rolleyes:

So if you stop him...he shows the permit...but

The stop was never invalid or illegal. He presented the required permit...fine.

That is where it should've ended and invalidates his stop. Why would he try to get him out the car after the permit was presented? Check his mileage?

He was also acting confrontational and agitated. A COMMON behavior by people who have drugs in a car...because some cops will.back down and leave.

Its also common behavior of people who are agitated....That still doesnt make actions after the stop valid in anyway. I say he was be calm and collected COMMON behavior of people who have done nothign wrong

Keep ignoring what happened AFTER he presented the permit. It adds to your credibility :rolleyes:

Well...for one...most states have a law now requiring EVERY stop to have at least a written warning or contact slip...to document the reason for the stop and the persons name and DL number and age sex and race. Liberals pushed for this to have a race count for stops and types of stops.

So...he likely still needed to write the guy a contact slip before leaving. And with a guy acting how the driver was acting...like hes trying to get the cop to.back off...id be suspicious that he had a warrant out or something illegal.in the car. And I ask him to step out too.

The cop actually did a GREAT job by just backing off...when he legally could've pushed this much further. Even to arrest since he refused a lawful directive to exit the car. Cop should be commended.

Yeah but the cop didn't write up anything...he moved his car to the other side of the street.

You didn't watch it. You fail.

Yeah but the cop didn't write up anything...he moved his car to the other side of the street.

You didn't watch it. You fail.

I did watch it all....and that was the cop BACKING OFF. He could've pushed the issue but didnt. He backed off. Like you idiots want them to.

So if you're transporting drugs or have a warrant and get pulled over...just be confrontational and the cop may just leave from now on. Criminals use this tactic all.the time. Especially the demanding a supervisor ploy. Cop wants to search the car or asks for ID? They'll just sit back and demand a supervisor. MOST police supervisors are way too busy to bother. So they say deal.with it and tell the driver they can call to complain later. Then...the cop either backs off...or pushes the issue.

But...folks like you are so ignorant and in the dark about the law and realities of police work...its like explaining calculus to a 3rd grader. You just dont get it...and wouldnt be able to for a LONG time.

Look...we understand. You believe that cops can do no wrong. Nothing, no matter HOW egregious, is over the line. You want cops to be above the law.

Does the cop have the right to presume him guilty of tinting without a permit? I suspect Pennsylvania law says no, which is why he made up that bullshit about the headlights. People here know I don't jump at the chance to blame cops, but in this case he was probably wrong. It doesn't make America a police state, but it's an example of benign abuses Americans go through everyday.

The stop was never invalid or illegal. He presented the required permit...fine. He was also acting confrontational and agitated. A COMMON behavior by people who have drugs in a car...because some cops will.back down and leave.

I'm nowhere near to being a cop hater, but I think this cop was wrong and needs retraining. Since the man he pulled over was a fire marshal, I think he'll get it.

I'm nowhere near to being a cop hater, but I think this cop was wrong and needs retraining. Since the man he pulled over was a fire marshal, I think he'll get it.
Agreed. He was getting the guys' company car door speakers wet.

Agreed. He was getting the guys' company car door speakers wet.
And he pulled a guy over for a BWD. (speaking about the windows of course)

IF Pennsylvania allows tinted windows to be a primary reason for a stop (probably isn't due to the "oh, and you have a headlight out" charge), then it was a legal stop. And findings incidental to legal stops are admissable, so if the cop found drugs or such, then it would be admissable.

But look at Buc's argument that "being upset often equals illegal activity". THIS IS THE PROBLEM BUC. It's like saying "being Black often equals illegal activity", or "driving through this part of town often equals illegal activity". "Often equals illegal activity" does NOT give police the right to harass law abiding citizens.

Maybe if cops would stop being such dickwads they would get more public support, and we would be able to work TOGETHER to get tough on REAL crime.

Think about it. This occurred in Philly....not exactly a town known for it's safe streets. This stop took a street cop off of the beat for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile I'm sure there were people getting robbed/mugged/raped/murdered in that city....but the cop is busy arguing about (legal) tinted windows.

I"m all for cops pulling people over for (real) petty lawbreaking because, like Giuliani said, if you take care of the small things the bigger things take care of themselves. But this driver did everything RIGHT - opened up the back window so the cop could see in, kept his hands out front, etc....should've looked at the tinted window exemption and let him go on.

He wasn't acting confrontational or agitated. Why do you make things up?

IF Pennsylvania allows tinted windows to be a primary reason for a stop (probably isn't due to the "oh, and you have a headlight out" charge), then it was a legal stop. And findings incidental to legal stops are admissable, so if the cop found drugs or such, then it would be admissable.

But look at Buc's argument that "being upset often equals illegal activity". THIS IS THE PROBLEM BUC. It's like saying "being Black often equals illegal activity", or "driving through this part of town often equals illegal activity". "Often equals illegal activity" does NOT give police the right to harass law abiding citizens.

Maybe if cops would stop being such dickwads they would get more public support, and we would be able to work TOGETHER to get tough on REAL crime.

Think about it. This occurred in Philly....not exactly a town known for it's safe streets. This stop took a street cop off of the beat for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile I'm sure there were people getting robbed/mugged/raped/murdered in that city....but the cop is busy arguing about (legal) tinted windows.

I"m all for cops pulling people over for (real) petty lawbreaking because, like Giuliani said, if you take care of the small things the bigger things take care of themselves. But this driver did everything RIGHT - opened up the back window so the cop could see in, kept his hands out front, etc....should've looked at the tinted window exemption and let him go on.
This cop, however, didn't have probably cause to search the vehicle. There was no evidence a crime was committed or even any suspicion that a crime was committed.

This cop, however, didn't have probably cause to search the vehicle. There was no evidence a crime was committed or even any suspicion that a crime was committed.

I didn't mean to imply that he did. However, this being the liberal mecca of Philly (ie: incredibly dangerous neighborhoods due to liberal mis-managemennt for generations), the officer would certainly be entitled to making sure there was nobody hiding in the back seat with a rifle pointed at him. I'm sure this is why the driver rolled down the tinted back window....so that the officer knew he was safe.

This leads to another important discussion that Bucs will ignore: I agree that it is incumbent upon US citizens to help the police feel safe, but why is it not incumbent upon the police to make US feel safe?

Does the cop have the right to presume him guilty of tinting without a permit? I suspect Pennsylvania law says no, which is why he made up that bullshit about the headlights. People here know I don't jump at the chance to blame cops, but in this case he was probably wrong. It doesn't make America a police state, but it's an example of benign abuses Americans go through everyday.

Yes the cop can stop him for that. The court set standard for a lawful stop is only "reasonable suspicion". Not absolute guilt or even probable cause.

So...if tint that dark requires a special permit, the cop can have a rreasonable suspicion that it might be illegal tint. So he stops him and..its legal because of the permit. I will say...the permit should be a sticker that is displayed on the license tag though. It would be much easier.

I didn't mean to imply that he did. However, this being the liberal mecca of Philly (ie: incredibly dangerous neighborhoods due to liberal mis-managemennt for generations), the officer would certainly be entitled to making sure there was nobody hiding in the back seat with a rifle pointed at him. I'm sure this is why the driver rolled down the tinted back window....so that the officer knew he was safe.

This leads to another important discussion that Bucs will ignore: I agree that it is incumbent upon US citizens to help the police feel safe, but why is it not incumbent upon the police to make US feel safe?

They do try to make you feel safe. Its why they're out there going after dangerous criminals and drug dealers and gang members and psychos. But..sometimes those situations go ugly. And sometimes...looking for those folks involves inconveniencing innocent people. Afterall...criminals dont wear neon signs indicating their crimes.

I understand the frustration. The same way a cop doesnt like cameras being pointed at him because some take it as an accusation of wrong doing or anticipation of wrong doing....I understand how an innocent citizen doesnt like a cop questioning them and poking to see what they're up to. Its like an accusation of wrongdoing where one doesnt exist.

Unfortunately. ..there isnt a better way to find criminals. And there isnt a better way to find bad apple cops than video. I do fully support the right to video officers by the way.

Forum List

Back