What happened when Maine forced the work for welfare?

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Exactly what was expected.

Here’s What Happened When Maine Forced People to Actually Work for Welfare

Republican Gov. Paul LePage of Maine decided last year that he had to do something about the rampant, out of control welfare abuse in his state, specifically concerning the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

So late last year, LePage began enforcing new requirements stating that in order for non-disabled residents to receive SNAP benefits that they would be required to work at least twenty hours per week, volunteer or attend vocational training.

Guess what happened as a result? Out of the 12,000 non-disabled welfare recipients without children who were on the rolls last year, only 2,680 remain as of now, according to David Sorensen, spokesman for the Department of Health and Services.

Here s What Happened When Maine Forced People to Actually Work for Welfare

This has happened consistently .... immediately, the Left gets over-exercised because this is obviously targeting the poor (not sure how you get the rich on welfare, but I'm sure they have a way ...)

I wish I could work again.....or get SNAP....
Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

SNAP is based on income, or, lack of income.
In Missouri it is also determined by assts..I have to mush real estate to qualify..
I am getting ready to go through college and training for another trade..
I have three artificial disks in my neck with a bar fused to connect them together, so I had to stop doing masonry and electrical contracting since I am at risk of further injury to my neck with the end result being a quadriplegic..I also quit my job as a bouncer...

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

In Missouri it is also determined by assts..I have to mush real estate to qualify..
I have three artificial disks in my neck with a bar fused to connect them together, so I had to stop doing masonry and electrical contracting since I am at risk of further injury to my neck with the end result being a quadriplegic..I also quit my job as a bouncer...
Why aren't you getting SS disability then?

Sounds like a more than legitimate reason.

More legitimate than a fuckin' crazy check.

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

Do you really take anything he says seriously? :dunno:

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

I've been on disability since 2012, but I'd rather work, that whey I can pick up on more chicks....

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

I find your grammar to be most favored, but stupid...

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

Uh, no.

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

Yes, he should use grammar the right whey.

Why can't you work?

Why can't you get SNAP?

Yes, he should use grammar the right whey.
allwhite!!

Notice all them wailing about how cruel and they don't care for the POOOOOOOOOR has stayed far away from this thread?

Forum List

Back