Fire In Santa Barbara Is Out of Control

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
The location is almost exactly in the same area as the devastating 1990 Cave Fire.
Last night, winds in the upper Montecito hills clocked at 82 mph. I was on the 101 SB and experienced that wind, and had to slow down to 35 mph while driving. Debri was everywhere. Now I know what it must be like during a hurricane or tornado. We are expecting rain tomorrow. I surely hope so, it is really dry around here.

Cave Fire burns 4,262 acres in hills above Santa Barbara - KEYT | KCOY

Cave fire burns more than 4,200 acres, threatening homes in Santa Barbara County

I lived there for a couple years and left a few months before the Cave Fire. That is such a scary place for fires with the Los Padres mountains sloping down to the water and all those houses built into the hillsides.

fire-fighter-firemans-prayer-maltese-600w-163515365.jpg

~S~

• Banned
I lived there for a couple years and left a few months before the Cave Fire. That is such a scary place for fires with the Los Padres mountains sloping down to the water and all those houses built into the hillsides.
The area between the SR154/Foothill Rd./Cathedral Oaks towards Goleta burns every year. Sometimes twice. No thank you.

ps; that is near where Tom Barrack lives

Thomas Barrack's house in Santa Barbara, CA (Google Maps)

The area between the SR154/Foothill Rd./Cathedral Oaks towards Goleta burns every year. Sometimes twice. No thank you.

Yep I lived in Goleta I know that area well. It's a fire corridor.

Yep I lived in Goleta I know that area well. It's a fire corridor.
Isn’t that where the tunnel is?

From the maps I've seen, the evacuation zones are uncomfortably close to my mother's house—the house in which I grew up, and where my sister and two of her sons currently are also living, with my mother.

Burning in Southern Cali....major storm in Northern Cali. But I am so pleased to see the rain even though its colder than a well diggers ass right now. And wet. And windy.

Burning in Southern Cali....major storm in Northern Cali. But I am so pleased to see the rain even though its colder than a well diggers ass right now. And wet. And windy.
It's raining here in Ventura. About time.

The location is almost exactly in the same area as the devastating 1990 Cave Fire.
Last night, winds in the upper Montecito hills clocked at 82 mph. I was on the 101 SB and experienced that wind, and had to slow down to 35 mph while driving. Debri was everywhere. Now I know what it must be like during a hurricane or tornado. We are expecting rain tomorrow. I surely hope so, it is really dry around here.

Cave Fire burns 4,262 acres in hills above Santa Barbara - KEYT | KCOY

Cave fire burns more than 4,200 acres, threatening homes in Santa Barbara County
What's new?

The Late Great Golden State
Utopia will have to wait.
The Middle Class is just out of date.
In the Late Great Golden State.

In the Late Great Golden State
there is no need to renovate.
The fires will always get controlled too late

Politicians never hesitate
to welcome more in-migrates

there is no future to await.
Last one out just close the gate
For the Late Great Golden State.

The Late Great Golden State
Utopia will have to wait.
The Middle Class is just out of date.

there is no need to renovate.
The fires will always get controlled too late

Politicians never hesitate
to welcome more in-migrates

there is no future to await.
Last one out just close the gate
For the Late Great Golden State.
Virginia... Do you wear one earring or two?

Forum List

Back