• Yes but only at the local level

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other types of yes's

• Other types of no's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Security is deemed essential and are seldom messed with in a reduction of force....Try again.

Whether a job is considered essential or not does not matter to the OP. He wants them all fired for 90 days and then their pay cut in half.

My plan doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to ever make it to discussion by congress. Why does a nutcase on the internet having a discussion make you nervous? You do realize that I am nobody. Right? So your inclination to panic is pretty stupid.

Have you ever heard of free speech? Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. You can cry if you want but this plan will never come to fruition. Anybody who thinks my plan is a possible solution is retarded. You can calm down. Your government checks that constantly go up are not going to stop. Keep collecting them. Enjoy your permanent job. There will always be more taxpayers for you to ignore and rob.

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." ~John F. Kennedy

"Steal. Steal. Steal. Rob. Rob. Rob. Get as much government money as possible. Get a government job so that you never have to deal with normal difficulties in life. Grab hold of that job security. Fuck your country." ~Every Single American and Married American

There is too much unpatriotic thievery going on in this country. It isn't going to stop just because I posted a thread. Unpatriotic thieves are the majority. Calm down, relax, and enjoy your glorified welfare checks. Your government checks can buy you a lot of neat things. It is a good life. Benjamin Franklin predicted this.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." ~Benjamin Franklin

This already happened before anybody here was born.
You cannot change that now. Once the taxes went up it took resources away from those who worked lower wages and at one time could survive in a small apartment many decades ago. I am aging. There were people who were wary enough to ask people to not collect social security. Knowing that was what opened the door to the social utopia we were told. Of course, who is not going to collect? With many people today having the check as most of their income. Medicare was 7.5 billion dollars in 1970. It is 900 billion dollars in 2022. Medicaid was 5 billion dollars in 1970. In 2020 the last year I saw it was 665 billion dollars. It is going to play itself out with many futures and most not good.

Would you support a bill to fire all government employees, give them three months off, and then hire them back at half of the pay?

Security is deemed essential and are seldom messed with in a reduction of force....Try again.

There is no "deemed" essential in the OP, he very specifically says ALL government employees.

This "deemed" essential crap is why government shutdowns are not seen as a bad thing but a negotiation tool. If Congress can't get their act to pass a budget, then shutdowns should be just that. Shut the federal government down with the ONLY people present being the elected members of Congress (which means their staff's are sent home).

Then watch how Congress will start passing budgets on time without the brinkmanship.

WW

Quit moving the goal posts....If you want to talk about my post do so, the OP's idea is not the best as there are better ways to accomplish the mission.

I did not move the goalposts. Jobs that are usually considered essential are on his lists too. If he is willing to fired VA doctors and nurses, then security guard's jobs are not safe.

Oh...

Just a couple of other obvious things:

#1 Parents are going to be real happy with schools shut down and pad locked for all staff for 3 months and then the chaos involved with getting them back open. (Ya'll know that public school teachers, bus drivers, those that provide educational services to Special Ed. students, etc. - they are government workers).

#2 Then of course it shuts down the entire airline industry as the Air Traffic Controllers are employed by the FAA - a government agency that would be shut down.
1702214676972.png

WW

Oh...

Just a couple of other obvious things:

#1 Parents are going to be real happy with schools shut down and pad locked for all staff for 3 months and then the chaos involved with getting them back open. (Ya'll know that public school teachers, bus drivers, those that provide educational services to Special Ed. students, etc. - they are government workers).

#2 Then of course it shuts down the entire airline industry as the Air Traffic Controllers are employed by the FAA - a government agency that would be shut down.
View attachment 870819

WW
Shutting down already stressed air traffic controllers would shut down air travel.

Well....don't give them what they demand. But to fire all those workers making $25k to $60k would ruin them for a long time.

Could most people live for 2+ months on their savings?
I believe they could fire fully 50% of all government employees and no one would ever notice. The problem is effectively determining which 50% is the dead weight.

Like in a business, the higher up you go, the lazier they are all the way up to the ceo.

LOL, in the near future, half the pilots are going to be furloughed due to mental health problems so the air traffic controllers will get an unexpected break.
Yep they're stressed. Too overworked. Same with air traffic controllers. It's a big problem. There's increasing reports of them falling asleep, etc.

To save money? Possibly.

But the OP wants to fire them for 3 months and then cut their pay in half so they will understand that they are beneath him.
Heck no. I'd accept the compromise of firing half. That is actually a better plan than the one I came up with.

Forum List

Back