Fifty Shades of Grey: Running commentary

He makes her sign a non-disclosure agreement.

"Are you going to make love to me now?" she asks.

"Two things: I don't make love, I fuck. Hard."

"And the second thing?"

"Come..."

He takes her to a door of his "play room", tells her she is free to leave any time, the helicopter is waiting to take her away at any time.

After the big build-up, the room is very impressive, almost worth the wait it took to get here.

He explains he is a dominant, which I guess we already know by this time.

He says there are rules, and if she obeys he will reward her, and if she disobeys, he will punish her.

The plot is totally non-existent at this point. This is more like a "S&M for Dummies" than a real story.

I guess it makes me judgmental but I don't think it's moral to use instruments of torture on another person in order to experience sexual pleasure, even if they sign a written consent form.

At this point I'm wondering how explicit they are going to get, will they actually show him hurting her, or will it all be done off-screen?

Will they show the bruises and lash marks she would get if this actually happened to a real person, or will they avoid showing that?

I have to say that I've never experienced this kind of reluctance to continue watching a movie.

Finally, she reveals she is a virgin, amplifying the fantasy level to 11.

OK, apparently now they're going to have some normal sex so he can take her virginity without any S&M stuff going on.

He's being totally gentle so this is the opposite of what he said earlier about not making love.

He's not using a condom and since she's a virgin she's not on birth control, but hey, whatever.

She is the most boring example of a female character I've seen for a long time, she rivals Bella in Twilight for how boring she is, and she's totally passive in her behavior around the male character. She has no hobbies to speak of apparently, and there is absolutely no reason why a billionaire would be at all interested in her. But that's the fantasy, a boring uninteresting female gets the attention of male that is way above her league.

I'm still waiting for the movie to get interesting.

Sounds like a good representation of a good majority of women. The only reason a billionaire would be interested in her is the same reason any man would: she’s cute and he could use a pump ‘n dump.

They've had normal, gentle sex twice now and the male character has totally forgotten that he's an S&M pervert who NEVER has normal sex with women because "that's the way I am."

So far this movie is all hat and no cowboy.

Now she's making breakfast for him. I think they forgot this is an S&M movie.

Now, they're taking a bath together, again, perfectly normal sex without any S&M.

OK, now he's tying her wrists with duct tape. His mother walks in and they stop. I'm getting the distinct impression this movie is never going to deliver.

"She's excited (the mother). She's never seen me with a woman before."

Wait? Isn't this the apartment where he has sex with women? The mother showed up like she's been here before. This makes no sense.

Why does Mom show up at this guy's bondage cave? That's just weird.

Now she's going home, and guess what, no S&M yet. This stupid movie is just going to drag on.

"I never took anyone in my helicopter. I never had sex in my bed. I never slept together. Only with you."

OK, now I get it. She's going to cure him of S&M perversion and make him a normal guy, with her magic virgin power.

This movie is spinning out of control story wise. He's a completely changed man and the movie is only half over.

Now they're having normal sex again, this time with an ice cube. I mean her hands are tied to the bed and she's blindfolded, but this is still normal sex.

Forum List

Back