Ferguson and blowing off steam

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Something I find myself wondering about with the Ferguson coverage is a lot of the people protesting and commenting on-air don't seem especially concerned with the actual event as much as other peripheral issues. Unless we wanna play mind-reader, there was nothing racist about the shooting yet many people protesting hold up signs relating to that. And the media plays into it hyping that aspect when all that happened was a police officer had to shoot a criminal suspect who happened to be black. But no one's reporting he used desparaging language in so doing or anything else overtly racist.

I wonder then if the rioting and racist-oriented commentary is more about ongoing issues people have with racism and how they now have an opportunity to blow off steam about it using this incident as their justification. But it could have been any incident, and indeed since this one happened so have many others yet no one's protesting or rioting about them. Maybe because they've vented pressure and are good to go for a while now?

Something I find myself wondering about with the Ferguson coverage is a lot of the people protesting and commenting on-air don't seem especially concerned with the actual event as much as other peripheral issues. Unless we wanna play mind-reader, there was nothing racist about the shooting yet many people protesting hold up signs relating to that. And the media plays into it hyping that aspect when all that happened was a police officer had to shoot a criminal suspect who happened to be black. But no one's reporting he used desparaging language in so doing or anything else overtly racist.

I wonder then if the rioting and racist-oriented commentary is more about ongoing issues people have with racism and how they now have an opportunity to blow off steam about it using this incident as their justification. But it could have been any incident, and indeed since this one happened so have many others yet no one's protesting or rioting about them. Maybe because they've vented pressure and are good to go for a while now?

Oh fine..we should let negroes riot and burn businesses every now and then so they can "blow off steam". Yeah..that's a great plan...

Oh fine..we should let negroes riot and burn businesses every now and then so they can "blow off steam". Yeah..that's a great plan...

Love how people read like every other word and then respond with something no one actually said.

Love how people read like every other word and then respond with something no one actually said.

I'll say it in language I know you'll understand perfectly;

Maybe the palestinians are just "blowing off steam" and after they've vented pressure they'll be "good to go for a while"

Forum List

Back