FEMA Administrator Disagrees With Trump: ‘I Believe the Puerto Ricans Are Pulling Their Weight’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deanrd, Oct 2, 2017.

1. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,533

Aside from being spread all over the world, I'm guessing a lot of them are in the Pacific right now involved in preparing for North Korea. I don't really know, but with Harvey devastating Texas and Louisiana and Irma hitting parts of the Caribbean, Florida, Georgia and Alabama, plus everything else around the world, I think we are a little stretched right now to clean up and rebuild an entire country 800 miles out to sea from the closest US land, which also happens to have suffered from being hit by one of the recent hurricanes.

2. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,275
    How many aircraft carriers do you need when we have bases all over South Korea and Asia? And you have the nerve to tell me to use my brain.

3. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,275
    Uh, hello, Puerto Rico isn't a county. It's a territory filled with millions of American citizens.

So what are you saying? Fuk 'em? Let them die? It's wouldn't be the first time for the GOP.

4. bendog

bendog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Sort of surprises me that PR hasn't been wiped out before.

5. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,533

Ah, let's see. The flag and seal of Puerto Rico look like this today:

125px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png 343px-Great_Seal_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png

Their main language is Spanish. They were discovered and claimed by Spain in 1493. In 1898 they succeeded from Spain and they were adopted as an Unincorporated Territory of the US in 1917. So they were their own country of sorts until taken over by Spain, and remain to us a territory but less than a state! You don't see the American flag flying there do you? They are quasi-American, granted citizenship and freedom to move between there and here, but they get no vote in our elections.

Show me where I ever said they should die? All I said is that we have military spread all around the world and a ton of other demands in them right now and not a big fleet just sitting around on the Atlantic coast ready to take off with enough men, machines, Chinooks and supplies to rebuild an entire island nation sitting way out 800 miles at best from the USA! Meantime, PR has gotten a lot of aid and relief so far and will be getting much more as soon as possible as they get that mess sorted out, but IT'S NOT A PERFECT WORLD. Hurricanes have more ability to destroy than we do to rebuild. People will die in PR. People died in Florida. People died in Texas, and Vets die every day just trying to get care a VA hospital.

6. Aletheia4u

Aletheia4u VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    They said that all of the Puerto Rico's government officials are pulling their weight except for San Juan mayor. But now protesters in San Juan is going to protest for Pres.Trump visit, to let him know that climate change do exist. The people of San Juan should slaughter those protesters for trying to turn the disaster into something political. San Juan's mayor and the Left do not care about them needing assistance, but only care about pushing their own agenda.

7. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,500
    One line. As he goes on to talk about how the mayor's ideas were different than the Governor's ideas on what should be the priorities for the Commander.

Wow. He really did a pretty dance around it.:lol: He came up with "joint priorities". Well done sir. Could be a politician after this!

8. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,500
    WTF? You don't know what you are talking about? They just got air control back up and fully running. Maria destroyed all the key generators used by the FAA. Air traffic was reduced to one flight per hour. Now they are getting back up to speed.

They had to fix the bloody ports so ships could dock and unload for crying out loud.

9. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,500
    You really need to get up to date. Helicopters have been delivering aid to those airfields where they can land. Katrina did not cause the structural damage that Maria did.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,500
    The lying fucking media who are desperate to smear Trump don't tell the little folk like rdean what's going on. FYI go to the DoD yourself and get the detailed rescue/aid relief information that the propaganda arm of the Democrat party won't tell you.

[​IMG]

In San Juan, Puerto Rico National Guardsmen load pallets of food and water onto an UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter for distribution to Orocovis, Puerto Rico, Sept. 29, 2017. The National Guard has partnered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other state and federal agencies in response and relief operations for Hurricane Maria. Air National Guard photo by Air Force Staff Sgt. Michelle Y. Alvarez-Rea

Davis provided the following updates and details of hurricane relief operations in Puerto Rico and elsewhere in the Caribbean region: Waaaaaaaaay more at link

Puerto Rico Situational Update

-- FEMA reports assessments completed at 64 of 69 hospitals; 59 are partially or fully operational; five unassessed facilities are psychiatric hospitals that do not provide emergency care.

-- Forty-five percent of customers have access to drinking water. Ninety-five percent of customers remain without power; power has been restored to San Juan airport and marine terminals.

-- Eight hundred and fifty-one of 1,100 retail gas stations have reopened and purchase limits have been lifted. Forty-nine percent of grocery and big box stores are open.

-- Erosion repairs to the Guajataca Dam are scheduled to begin Oct. 1-2.

-- The Navy hospital ship USNS Comfort departed Norfolk, Virginia, yesterday and it is estimated to arrive in Puerto Rico on Oct. 4.

-- Five of six FEMA-priority sea ports are open or open with restrictions; surveys of Ponce and Roosevelt Roads are ongoing.

U.S. Virgin Islands Situational Update

-- An assessment of the main hospital on St. Thomas will be completed today.

DoD Accelerates Hurricane Relief, Response Efforts in Puerto Rico > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article