Fellow republicans lets stop lying to ourselves.

Dude all you have to do is go to you tube and watch a few videos people explaining why they voted for obama.

I'm having a hard time believing that the few videos you've seen on youtube validate your claim that 61.7 million people's "main reason" to vote for him was because he's black.

If I find a couple of people that claim to have voted for Romney because he's white, can I say that's why most voted for him?

Think what you want you tube is open for all to view.

It's not a matter of what I think, that's more like what you're doing.

It's a matter of sheer numbers....you can't account for the actions of 61 million based on a handful of their opinions.

And the crying and finger pointing of the right continues....if one thing is clear the right hasn't a clue.

Oh and considering the blue states support the red states please refrain from your usually give away entitlement nonsense. You vote republican and like them accomplish little. It's time you started thanking the blue states. 'Blue States Are the Providers, Red States Are the Parasites' Ayn Rand Worshippers Should Face Facts: Blue States Are the Providers, Red States Are the Parasites | Alternet

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-unhinged-right-wing-reactions-romneys-defeat

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...f-my-conservative-posters-16.html#post6311402

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

I know you all are going to say "he had to run far right to..."

If you have to bullshit to get the nomination, you're not the guy.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

Moderate, Massachusetts, Misleader.
I've tried asking Thanatos... But never really get an answer... So I'll ask you...

What was he moderate about? Which policies?

Just look at what he said in conjunction with what he did before and during his Governorship, then contrast that with what he said on the campaign trail.

In his own words:

14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

Now is it possible he was only pretending to be a moderate while governor, when he was actually severely conservative? Absolutely.

It's more likely that it's the other way around.

Romney is from Michigan, just like Bush Sr. is from Massachusetts.

Bush Sr. chose to run for Governor in Texas.

That tells me he felt his positions and beliefs matched closely with the Texas electorate.

Romney chose Massachusetts, which applying the same logic, and considering Romney, like Bush, had the wherewithal to go anywhere, that decision highlights Mitts feeling that his positions and beliefs matched most closely with the Northeasts more moderate Republican electorate.

Make sense?

But, to be honest, whether he was a severe conservative pretending to be a moderate, our a moderate pretending to be a severe conservative is moot.

He was the boy who cried wolf...in the end, no one trusted him to be either.

Last edited:
I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

I know you all are going to say "he had to run far right to..."

If you have to bullshit to get the nomination, you're not the guy.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

Moderate, Massachusetts, Misleader.
I've tried asking Thanatos... But never really get an answer... So I'll ask you...

What was he moderate about? Which policies?

Just look at what he said in conjunction with what he did before and during his Governorship, then contrast that with what he said on the campaign trail.

In his own words:

14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

Now is it possible he was only pretending to be a moderate while governor, when he was actually severely conservative? Absolutely.

It's more likely that it's the other way around.

Romney is from Michigan, just like Bush Sr. is from Connecticut.

Bush Sr. chose to run for Governor in Texas.

That tells me he felt his positions and beliefs matched closely with the Texas electorate.

Romney chose Massachusetts, which applying the same logic, and considering Romney, like Bush, had the wherewithal to go anywhere, that decision highlights Mitts going that his positions and beliefs matched most closely with the Northeasts more moderate Republican electorate.

Make sense?

I pretty much agree with this 100%.

Romney's biggest flaw to me was that he tried to be everything to everybody that wouldn't automatically vote for the Republican. You can't appeal to the tea party and independent/swing voters/undecided in the same campaign.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

All of this and yet still Obama won...

Not only that but Romney didn't even get the base!

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

Moderates like Romney, Rove and the speaker of the house are killing the party.

So...who should you have picked?

And the crying and finger pointing of the right continues....if one thing is clear the right hasn't a clue.

Oh and considering the blue states support the red states please refrain from your usually give away entitlement nonsense. You vote republican and like them accomplish little. It's time you started thanking the blue states. 'Blue States Are the Providers, Red States Are the Parasites' Ayn Rand Worshippers Should Face Facts: Blue States Are the Providers, Red States Are the Parasites | Alternet

5 Unhinged Right-Wing Reactions to Romney

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...f-my-conservative-posters-16.html#post6311402

Shameless Mitt Romney Polarizes Races For Race To Top Dividing America Mepac For Obama.wmv - YouTube

Really you're going with that? because he's wearing a racist shirt makes him a Republican or a Romney supporter? WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BALD HEADED IDIOT?
Could he have been an obama supporter there to cause a distraction?

Forum List

Back