Fellow republicans lets stop lying to ourselves.

But that's simply untrue. It wasn't that Romney was the wrong man. It was that the people chose Obama instead. Romney is the only candidate that ran who had the experience doing exactly what needed to be done.

You dont think that was Romney's fault???? It sure as fuck not Obama's job to make the point that he is incompetent! How bad does a candidate have to be to lose to a President as bad as Obama? This is a bonafide fact that Romney is just that bad. He got 3 million votes less then McCain! Holy shit ! That is just amazing to have been that bad that McCain beats you! Romney choked and that is because he was a Moderate. We tried being more like Democrats and rightfully lost.
Well... Again... I agree with everything you say but that one thing. If his stances were like they were in 2008 during his governor years I don't know how he could have lost.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

All of this and yet still Obama won...

Not only that but Romney didn't even get the base!

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

Moderates like Romney, Rove and the speaker of the house are killing the party.
I actually agree with everything you said but one thing... That Romney was a moderate. I mean... When he was governor he was a moderate. But when he ran for president he wasn't.

Flip flop Mitt... Remember?
Oh he was a moderate....How do you ask? Cause he was a to big a pussy and let the democrats define what he was....It wasnt the republicans that brought up vagina issues.

I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

I know you all are going to say "he had to run far right to..."

If you have to bullshit to get the nomination, you're not the guy.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

Moderate, Massachusetts, Misleader.
I've tried asking Thanatos... But never really get an answer... So I'll ask you...

What was he moderate about? Which policies?

Oh he was a moderate....How do you ask? Cause he was a to big a pussy and let the democrats define what he was....It wasnt the republicans that brought up vagina issues.
OH please... You tell me what he was. What policies did he have that were moderate?

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

I didn't pick Romney sorry not going to go there.
However after viewing some of the main reasons why obama supporters voted for obama
"he's black" is one of the main reasons I keep hearing replied.
Face it the entitlement class out numbers the working class we're their fucking bitches get use to it. and some of them even voted.

A man named Joe who likes to engage in risky behavior on a whim and a dare makes a bet for a $1,000 with a friend of his that he can dive down in the ocean without an oxygen tank and hold his breath for 2 full minutes before surfacing.

He tries. He fails. And he almost drowns.

As he's lying on the deck of a ship after he's been resuscitated, he's coughing and regaining consciousness. His friend says to him, "Joe, I think you've got a serious problem." And Joe says, "I know, I've got to quit gambling!"

WRONG! Gambling is NOT Joe's problem. Joe's problem is that he does stupid shit!

The point of the story is that Joe is learning the wrong lesson, just like you!

I actually agree with everything you said but one thing... That Romney was a moderate. I mean... When he was governor he was a moderate. But when he ran for president he wasn't.

Flip flop Mitt... Remember?

"flip flop"? Oh no. Maybe you didn't get the meme, but for Mittens it's...

romney_Etch-a-sketch.jpg

Etch-a-sketch

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man.

You need to acknowledge the fact that the voters also rejected the extreme rightist agenda.

Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment…

A majority of voters correctly understood the cause of that high unemployment had nothing to do with the president's policies, and that it was idiocy to expect any president to ‘fix’ such an horrendous mess just 4 years.

Leaving four men to die and lying about it…

The voters had been hearing lies about the president from the right for over 4 years, and they rejected them all; the above baseless contrived ‘controversy’ was no different.

Being downgraded for the first time EVER,

The blame for which belongs to extremist Congressional republicans, willing to destroy the economy in an effort to ‘get rid of Obama.’

high fuel and energy costs and food cost

And as with other aspects of the economy, correctly perceived by voters to be beyond any president’s control, the bulk of which subject to global market forces.

and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

Either you are very young or you never heard of Richard Nixon.

And with regard to Obama and ‘corruption,’ conservatives obviously don’t believe in evidence and due process, at least not for democratic presidents.

If you want to be president of the Tea Party, that's a fine idea, but if you want to be President of all Americans you have to listen to an address the concerns of Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans (Obama got 73% of the Asian American vote, including important blocs in Virginia and Nevada.) and college educated single women etc. just as attentively as you do the concerns of traditional supporters of Republican candidates.

Marco Rubio asked, how are you going to sell your economic policies to Hispanic Americans when they think you want to deport them? How are you going to sell your economic policies to college educated single women when you ignore their concerns about birth control and abortion? You don't have to agree with every group on every issue, but if you listen to their concerns and make an honest, respectful effort to find common ground, even if you continue to disagree, they will become a more receptive audience for your other policies and you will win some of their votes despite continuing disagreements on some issues. I have never agreed with any candidate I voted for on every issue.

Most polls showed that the economy and jobs were the most important issues to most voters and that Romney was more trusted on these issues than Obama was, but because, after that brutal primary campaign, he was so afraid of offending the Tea Party by reaching out to these groups he allowed Obama to distract these voters from what they told pollsters were the most important issues for them with the result that Romney won on the most important issues but lost the election. You can't sell conservative principles or conservative policies to groups you treat with disdain or even indifference, and you certainly can't sell them to groups you regard with hostility.

lol

That's right. Republicans to talk more about rape and abortions.

:thup:

Outstanding.
We didn't dumbass that was you progressives.

lol

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

No, the down-ticket GOP candidates merely fucked their own party by (a) being loons and (b) saying loony things, giving the Democrats a big fat opportunity to take voters' minds of eight freaking percent unemployment. We went from "It's the economy, stupid" to "holy crap, look what that GOP idiot said" in one election.

The DNC should be sending Thank You cards to a shitload of GOP candidates, seriously.

These delusional threads are hilarious.

Here's some simple math.

According to Fox News, 41% of voters called themselves moderates. Obama won moderates by 15%. About 130 million people voted, meaning that there were 50 million moderates voting. 15% of 50 million is 7.5 million voters.

And the OP's solution is to alienate these people even more.

This is why political strategists don't listen just to the small tent True Believers.

correction with your math less than 125 million people voted. it's more closer to 120 million.
120172851 either voted for Romney or obama.

You know, I actually thought you were going to make a good solid point until I realized you think the problem was that Romney and Rove were too moderate.

:rofl:

However after viewing some of the main reasons why obama supporters voted for obama

Face it the entitlement class out numbers the working class we're their fucking bitches get use to it. and some of them even voted.

Sure you did. :lmao:

Dude all you have to do is go to you tube and watch a few videos people explaining why they voted for obama.

Dude all you have to do is go to you tube and watch a few videos people explaining why they voted for obama.

I'm having a hard time believing that the few videos you've seen on youtube validate your claim that 61.7 million people's "main reason" to vote for him was because he's black.

If I find a couple of people that claim to have voted for Romney because he's white, can I say that's why most voted for him?

I'm having a hard time believing that the few videos you've seen on youtube validate your claim that 61.7 million people's "main reason" to vote for him was because he's black.

If I find a couple of people that claim to have voted for Romney because he's white, can I say that's why most voted for him?

Think what you want you tube is open for all to view.

Republicans didn't want Romney they didn't even show up to vote cus they felt Romney and obama were the same.

They aren't though. By just enough to have saved us from obamanism.

Forum List

Back