Fellow republicans lets stop lying to ourselves.

I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

I know you all are going to say "he had to run far right to..."

If you have to bullshit to get the nomination, you're not the guy.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

Moderate, Massachusetts, Misleader.

I actually would say this post is right on the money for telling it like it truly is.

One thing the lefties here are missing in all their cheesy gloating. None of you were ever going to vote for an R so please spare the rest of us your stupid ass direction, advice and finger wagging on what you think was wrong with Mitt or what he shoulda coulda mighta done to do better on election day.

The people that mattered are not many of the lefties who post here. You guys were never the demographic he sought or expected nor was your vote ever going Romney's way. Some of you are cradle to grave liberal Dems who vote the party always. Own it and stop the BS.

The people he lost because of his platform/style/record were Independents and Moderate Dems and some of the southern areas and some Christians and Jews likely.

Special. Until you dummies realize that EVERYBODY matters, you can forget getting support from the majority. You need to remember that whole "one nation" thing.

I have tried to stay out of this debate, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

McCain might have been a fluke, but Romney was the moderate that moderates and anti social conservative members of the GOP kept pushing for...and he lost too.

socially moderate, fiscally conservative....and he got his ass handed to him worse than McCain...and Mc Cain had the handicap of following Bush AND an economic collapse.

The South is your base...nominating a candidate from Massachusetts is anathema to them...I'll likely catch hell for this but it's the truth...and I'm willing to catch hell for it.

And since I'm going to catch hell anyway, I'll continue with more damning truth.

I suspect that JoeB was right...I suspect that many of the religious right couldn't pull the lever for a Mormon. Sad, but likely true. If you wanted to see the effect of the loss of part of the social conservative base...I think it was here to see.

So there you have it.

I actually would say this post is right on the money for telling it like it truly is.

One thing the lefties here are missing in all their cheesy gloating. None of you were ever going to vote for an R so please spare the rest of us your stupid ass direction, advice and finger wagging on what you think was wrong with Mitt or what he shoulda coulda mighta done to do better on election day.

The people that mattered are not many of the lefties who post here. You guys were never the demographic he sought or expected nor was your vote ever going Romney's way. Some of you are cradle to grave liberal Dems who vote the party always. Own it and stop the BS.

The people he lost because of his platform/style/record were Independents and Moderate Dems and some of the southern areas and some Christians and Jews likely.

Special. Until you dummies realize that EVERYBODY matters, you can forget getting support from the majority. You need to remember that whole "one nation" thing.

Right, vote revenge...very unifying. :rolleyes:

Be gone Troll.

So there you have it.

Very few on the left today, least of all here, has the high ground to preach about unifying this country. Both parties ignore the moderates.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

All of this and yet still Obama won...

Not only that but Romney didn't even get the base!

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

Moderates like Romney, Rove and the speaker of the house are killing the party.

The GOP base initially chose Anyone but Romney, but being the sheeple they are, Super PAC Money convinced them to follow the leader, and follow the leader you did...into retreat and defeat.

:clap2:

you guys will never learn. Following the talking points, the email memos, teh noise machine barking orders...

I am just ignoring the progressives in this thread cause they had no dog in the fight and they wouldn't have voted for anything not progressive.

I am sorry bur we didn't ignore the Moderates...We fucking ran one and he lost. Moderates isnt the answer ideals are. We should have stayed with our principles.

I am just ignoring the progressives in this thread cause they had no dog in the fight and they wouldn't have voted for anything not progressive.

I am sorry bur we didn't ignore the Moderates...We fucking ran one and he lost. Moderates isnt the answer ideals are. We should have stayed with our principles.

That is fine T. Be a truly socially and fiscally conservative party but dammit then run candidates who match those principles. Mitt Romney was not that candidate. I think the GOP is a confused lost party at this time and until the party figures out who they are and what their honest message is they will face these type of election results.

President Obama has been elected twice for many reasons and in my opinion that a man with as little experience as he had as well as a most dismal current record as he has speaks volumes about him but also about his opponent's weakness. Obama should have been beat with little effort. He is a terrible President.

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

Hmm... so, "Maybe we shouldn't have shit on the libertarians." ?

The picture is bigger than that.

Much of the damage, I'd say most of it, being done to the GOP brand is being done at a more local level, by Senate and House candidates. Plenty of examples of that. Romney wasn't talking about "legitimate rape", holy shit. And, it's far easier for the Republicans to nominate and run a whacko at a more local level, because hardcore conservatives can sway an election more easily at that level.

So, while Romney clearly has problems of his own, they were exacerbated by the hardcore conservatives running for House and Senate seats. Guilt by association, it's easy as hell to look at the party as a whole and determine fuck it, you really don't want anything to do with it. The dirt rubs off on others, and it sure as hell plays into the narrative of your competitors.

Run some rational, pragmatic, non-absolutist conservatives at the House and Senate level and I'd guess that would help significantly. As if my opinion matters...

Last edited:

:eusa_clap:

The crap I took from some Rs for not voting as THEY believed I should does not make want to join their ranks. I am not even a libertarian.

Why should I bow to progressive Libertarians? That is still not what republicans are. Republicans are not hedonistic.

The crap I took from some Rs for not voting as THEY believed I should does not make want to join their ranks. I am not even a libertarian.

So your one of those who wanted Obama for another term.

So your one of those who wanted Obama for another term.

Nope but I guess I am also not a good foot soldier for the GOP according to some Rs. I don't much give a damn. I will not vote for a candidate I do not believe in. I vote to answer my conscience not the demands of some people on a message board.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

lol

That's right. Republicans to talk more about rape and abortions.

:thup:

Outstanding.

Why should I bow to progressive Libertarians? That is still not what republicans are. Republicans are not hedonistic.

"Progressive"....

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

These delusional threads are hilarious.

Here's some simple math.

According to Fox News, 41% of voters called themselves moderates. Obama won moderates by 15%. About 130 million people voted, meaning that there were 50 million moderates voting. 15% of 50 million is 7.5 million voters.

And the OP's solution is to alienate these people even more.

This is why political strategists don't listen just to the small tent True Believers.

lol

That's right. Republicans to talk more about rape and abortions.

:thup:

Outstanding.
We didn't dumbass that was you progressives.

GOD Damn! That is right 400,000 union workers went out to support Democrat candidates.
It feels so damn good to know that workers still have a say in what happens to this country. Not the plutocrats.

What bothers me more than Romney losing is the absolute stupidity of the GOP in being unable to increase their majority in the House and NOT gaining a majority in the Senate.

There were some good candidates that simply could not get their message across against the smears, lies, and threats from the left.

Oh yeah - 400,000 union workers went out to support Democrat candidates. :mad:

I actually agree with everything you said but one thing... That Romney was a moderate. I mean... When he was governor he was a moderate. But when he ran for president he wasn't.

Flip flop Mitt... Remember?

Forum List

Back