Federal Website Brings 40,000 to 50,000 Enrollees in Private Plans

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
apparently they got the numbers from a 'source'. I can't speak for their source, but, we'll see, when it becomes 'official'.

Updated Nov. 11, 2013 4:54 p.m. ET

Initial reports suggest that fewer than 50,000 people successfully navigated the troubled federal health-care website to enroll in private health insurance plans as of last week, two people familiar with the matter said Monday.

more at-
HealthCare.gov Enrollment Falls Far Short of Target - WSJ.com

according to another snippet, including individual state exchanges and you’ve got roughly 100,000 total enrollees through all of October and 10 days of November.

The program’s target for October alone was 494,620. And that figure represents what they thought would be a “slow” month, as the public gradually got up to speed on the need to sign up before December 15th. If you’re looking at the bigger picture, they’re aiming for seven million new enrollees by March 31 of next year.

They’re 1.4 percent of the way there with almost 25 percent of the initial enrollment period having already elapsed.

Breaking: Fewer than 50,000 people have enrolled in health plans via ObamaCare website thus far, says WSJ « Hot Air

This while 5.2 million Americans have received cancellation notices on their insurance policies., with many more to come.

Purpose of Obamacare: To insure the uninsured. EFFECT of Obamacare: Uninsure the Insured.

50K is a very embarrassing number for this administration--obviously there's millions more getting cancellation letters from their insurers than are signing up.

139880_600.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, I'm not qualified to speak on the topic since I refuse to post digital copies of my current policy and the ACA-compliant policy offered by my insurer.

:lol:

So you're NOT the source? :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
apparently they got the numbers from a 'source'. I can't speak for their source, but, we'll see, when it becomes 'official'.

Updated Nov. 11, 2013 4:54 p.m. ET

Initial reports suggest that fewer than 50,000 people successfully navigated the troubled federal health-care website to enroll in private health insurance plans as of last week, two people familiar with the matter said Monday.

more at-
HealthCare.gov Enrollment Falls Far Short of Target - WSJ.com

according to another snippet, including individual state exchanges and you’ve got roughly 100,000 total enrollees through all of October and 10 days of November.

The program’s target for October alone was 494,620. And that figure represents what they thought would be a “slow” month, as the public gradually got up to speed on the need to sign up before December 15th. If you’re looking at the bigger picture, they’re aiming for seven million new enrollees by March 31 of next year.

They’re 1.4 percent of the way there with almost 25 percent of the initial enrollment period having already elapsed.

Breaking: Fewer than 50,000 people have enrolled in health plans via ObamaCare website thus far, says WSJ « Hot Air

In California you'll find that many 'new' enrollees are a shift from MediCal to Managed MediCal.

the Washington Post reports that the obama admin has what we'll charitably describe as a wide expanse for the term "enrollee"....

snip-

“In the data that will be released this week, ‘enrollment’ will measure people who have filled out an application and selected a qualified health plan in the marketplace,” said an administration official, who requested anonymity to frankly describe the methodology. …

The administration plans to use this count of enrollees because that’s where their interaction with the healthcare.gov site ends, the administration official said. Insurance plans, rather than the federal government, are responsible for collecting the first month’s premium.

more at
Who counts as an Obamacare enrollee? The Obama administration settles on a definition.

this admin. is just off the rails:doubt: seriously and you know what, believing that folks who cannot afford or get health care should have it is now quite apart from what this admin. is doing in response to their earlier actions plans/processes/programs to make it happen.

The government will cook the books and play light and loose with the numbers. You can figure that the actual number, the REAL number, will be half what is reported. If that,

Forum List

Back