Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, to Tighten Pollution Rules

Oh man. That so sucks. Not far from there is a huge old wildfire area that goes on forever. I had never driven through a burned area so big that lasted so many miles. It was just too much, I pulled over and cried. Then I took photos of it.

I'm glad I got to photograph the area before it burned.

Something like that happened to a small town in California that a photo friend and I went through in late summer 2019. When we got to the town and saw it's name, we had to stop to take photos. We have a town called Paradise here but it's on the top of a very high mountain in Mt. Rainier National Park.

A couple weeks after we photographed it, it went up in flames. The wildfire was called the "Campfire" wildfire.

Something has to be done. We can't keep letting our forests be destroyed by fire.

Detroit had something I had not seen in several years. A public pay phone. So I took a shot of it. LOL.

Lordy, I haven't seen a phone booth in eons.
Wonder where Superman's been changing over the past 20-some years? :cool-45:

Hey Dana/ anyone - Can you hook up any EV at a Tesla Supercharger Station or is it a proprietary fitting?
I have several EV's that I want to take a closer look at - That could be a factor.

In the continuing run-up to the electric future:

President Biden on Thursday will roll out a two-step strategy that uses tailpipe regulations to try to rapidly shift Americans from gasoline-powered cars and trucks toward electric vehicles — a central part of his plan to cut pollution that is heating the planet.
Mr. Biden plans to first restore and slightly strengthen auto mileage standards to the levels that existed under President Barack Obama but were weakened during the Trump administration. Next, his administration will draft a set of even more stringent auto pollution rules for both passenger vehicles and heavy-duty trucks that are designed to ramp up sales of electric vehicles.

“When I say electric vehicles are the future, I’m not joking,” Mr. Biden wrote in a tweet on Wednesday evening. “Tune in for big news tomorrow.”
He will also sign an executive order that sets a target that half of all vehicles sold in the United States be powered by batteries, fuel cells or be hybrid electric by 2030.
In a signal of industry support, the president will be flanked by the chief executives of the nation’s three largest automakers as well as the head of the United Auto Workers. The automakers will pledge that 40 to 50 percent of their new car sales will be electric vehicles by 2030, up from just 2 percent this year — on the condition that Congress passes a $1 trillion infrastructure bill that calls for $7.5 billion for a national network of electric vehicle charging stations.
That goal faces several challenges.
Experts say it will not be possible for electric vehicles to go from niche to mainstream without making electric charging stations as ubiquitous as the corner gas station is today. And while labor leaders will attend the White House event, they remain concerned about a wholesale shift to electric vehicles, which require fewer workers to assemble.
But without a radical change to the type of vehicles Americans drive, it will be impossible for Mr. Biden to meet his ambitious pledge to cut planet-warming emissions by 50 percent from 2005 levels by the end of this decade. Gasoline-powered cars and trucks are the largest single source of greenhouse gases produced in the United States, accounting for 28 percent of the nation’s total carbon emissions.

Where does Lieden think the electricity comes from ?

The free market WILL decide, do you remember when 4K big screen TV's first came out? Pretty expensive, huh? How about now? Everybody has one. See where I'm going?

Of course, all you dinosaurs will go kicking and screaming, but that's alright, 100 years ago, the Horse and Buggy would never be replaced.

How is mandating electric cars letting the free market decide ?

Yes, actually it has. Do you ever drive more than 8 hours to get to a beach? Well, then you're just as weird as Harley. For the love of God FLY - Actually cheaper even figuring in an Uber or two. But if you wanna make it a road trip, fine. Who drives more than 4 hours at a time without stopping 40 minutes for gas and a bite to eat anyway?

How long does it take to charge a Tesla using a Supercharging station? Superchargers can recharge a vehicle's battery up to 80% in just about 40 minutes. After the battery reaches 80%, it will begin to charge slower to protect the battery's health until it reaches a full charge.

Exactly.

In the time it takes to fill a tank and get something to eat, an electric battery can be fully or near fully charged.

Lordy, I haven't seen a phone booth in eons.
Wonder where Superman's been changing over the past 20-some years? :cool-45:

LOL same here. That's why I took the shot.

I remember in the 90s when it was predicted that phone booths would go away. I didn't believe it. There was one on almost every corner and at every gas station.

Now, it's so rare to see one, I take a shot of it. LOL.

Why dont these freaks focus on making electric vehicles accessible for everyone before fucking it up for the poor and rural citizens?
The Democratic Party does not care about the poor. They are simply exploited as a means to an end. They answer to special interest groups and lobbyists.

The Democratic Party does not care about the poor. They are simply exploited as a means to an end. They answer to special interest groups and lobbyists.

Like I stated earlier.

When does a poor person buy a new car?

Answer..........NEVER.

Tesla isn't the only car manufacturer that makes an electric car. Nissan does too.

The Nissan Leaf is much cheaper than a Tesla.

The Leaf is very reasonably priced used. In fact about the same price as a regular gas used car.

Like I stated earlier.

When does a poor person buy a new car?

Answer..........NEVER.

Tesla isn't the only car manufacturer that makes an electric car. Nissan does too.

The Nissan Leaf is much cheaper than a Tesla.

The Leaf is very reasonably priced used. In fact about the same price as a regular gas used car.

True - That said, a bunch of manufacturers have 25k EV units coming out next year.. With the tax credits on some and depending on the state you live, that could reduce cost close to around 15k on NEW!

When that happens, only idiots will buy the old horse and buggies ;)

Forum List

Back