Federal judge rules Trump can't block people on Twitter because it violates their First Amendment ri

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will get overturned. That judge is a moron.

I doubt it. Trump's tweets are official statements from the White House, to block people from seeing them would be denying those people their equal protection.

Trump's tweets should be taken as official statements, the White House says

DOJ says Trump's tweets are official presidential statements

Hence why Trump can't block his twitter account, no more than he could block somebody from watching him on CNN.
what happens if he does? I thought you all wanted him to stop tweeting. again here are the left confusing the situation by being all over the place on an issue. can't you fks ever make up your minds?

Hence why Trump can't block his twitter account, no more than he could block somebody from watching him on CNN.
what happens if he does?
If Trump defies a court order, he can be held in contempt. And if the judge imposes a civil contempt, the president has no power to pardon the offense.

I suppose there could be a Mexican standoff, between the federal marshals, and the secret service.

Live by the tweet, die by the tweet
I agree, that means everybody right?

If the president uses twitter as official white house communication, he can't block people from receiving it. As I said, it's like giving Trump the power to block people he doesn't like from watching CNN.
who said it was official? you? haahhaaha, it doesn't say WH it says trump and he is an american citizen. It isn't the WH. you should perhaps understand that. Are you saying he can't have closed door meetings anymore? And if that's the case then all of Muellers investigation isn't classified, so open it up baby.

what happens if he does?
If Trump defies a court order, he can be held in contempt. And if the judge imposes a civil contempt, the president has no power to pardon the offense.

I suppose there could be a Mexican standoff, between the federal marshals, and the secret service.
I want to see it.

We need laws that protect President Trump's dictatorial rights. Hindering those rights is anti-trumperican.

I want to see it.

So would I. Those would surely be grounds for impeachment, and conviction. Trump took an oath to faithfully execute the office, and defying a lawful judicial decision would be a violation of that. That's like Trump saying to hell with Roe v Wade, and banning all abortions.

If the president uses twitter as official white house communication, he can't block people from receiving it. As I said, it's like giving Trump the power to block people he doesn't like from watching CNN.
who said it was official? you? haahhaaha, .

The white house press secretary.
fine, just post that link.

Are you too stupid to have heard it a thousand times.

If you want a link, you'll have to admit your gross ignorance upon receipt of common knowledge.

Deal or no deal?

I want to see it.

So would I. Those would surely be grounds for impeachment, and conviction. Trump took an oath to faithfully execute the office, and defying a lawful judicial decision would be a violation of that. That's like Trump saying to hell with Roe v Wade, and banning all abortions.
yep, impeachment doesn't mean leaving office. I wish you all would fking learn how the government works.

If you want a link, you'll have to admit your gross ignorance upon receipt of common knowledge.

Deal or no deal?
so you have no link. :auiqs.jpg:go figure that!:auiqs.jpg:

Deal or no deal?

Here's the link, and the statement from the press secretary.

You owe me a retraction.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday that Trump's tweets should be taken as official statements

"The president is president of the United States," Spicer said, "so they are considered official statements by the president of the United States."

Deal or no deal?

I already posted two links in this very thread...why did you ignore them.

Here is the DOJ saying they are official statements...

Here is Sean Spicer saying it...

So, now are you going to admit your gross ignorance?

I already posted two links in this very thread...why did you ignore them.

Here is the DOJ saying they are official statements...

Here is Sean Spicer saying it...

So, now are you going to admit your gross ignorance?

Has a republican ever admitted his gross ignorance. They just disappear, or change forums, and carry on as if nothing happened.

I can't imagine why Trump or anyone else gives a rat's ass.
Well, I think we can chalk that up to lack of depth of thought on your part .
Yes, because the people on Trump's twitter are about as important as our comments on USMB.
That didn't make any sense. You said you could not imagine why Trump cares. I can, without breaking a sweat. This indicates a lack of depth of thought on your part.
Are you black?
Are you a child?

haha.jpg

Federal judge rules Trump can't block people on Twitter because it violates their First Amendment rights

A federal judge on Wednesday ruled President Donald Trump can't block people on Twitter, because it violates their First Amendment rights.

In her decision, US District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald wrote, "This case requires us to consider whether a public official may, consistent with the First Amendment, 'block' a person from his Twitter account in response to the political views that person has expressed, and whether the analysis differs because that public official is the President of the United States. The answer to both questions is no."

LOL That meme is exactly what I thought.

HA HA! The little girl can't keep people from telling orange turd the unvarnished truth. Who'd have thought that a president would go to great lengths to obstruct and vilify the free press and a little online program like Twitter would stomp Trump's guts.

People are permitted to speak or post No one is required to receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back