Federal Gay-Activist Judges Aren't to Blame: They Rely on "Science"..

Should society in general censure the APA like Congress did?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But the conversation was about this remember troll-Syriusly?

Here it is, this is the actual thing I was speaking about with the CQR/APA tripe that would have plunged my friend into deeper depression. If authorities want to find out why gay people have such high suicide rates...and related...why "AIDS-terrorist" exist, they might want to do actual studies before they arrive at conclusions. And not just single-source the APA, which has ceased to exist as a scientific outfit and instead is properly a cult.

Sourcing them for investigating causal agents to suicides and AIDS-terrorism would be like going to Jim Jones to get input on why drinking poisoned Koolaide is a bad idea.. you're just going to get his filtered information and won't be even close to the truth.

Recent studies of participants in SOCE identify a population of individuals who experience serious distress related to same sex sexual attractions. Most of these participants are Caucasian males who report that their religion is extremely important to them ( Beckstead & Morrow, 2004; Nicolosi, Byrd, & Potts, 2000; Schaeffer, Hyde, Kroencke, McCormick, & Nottebaum, 2000; Shidlo & Schroeder, 2002, Spitzer, 2003). These individuals report having pursued a variety of religious and secular efforts intended to help them to change their sexual orientation. To date, the research has not fully addressed age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, disability, language, and socioeconomic status in the population of distressed individuals. 1.

There are no studies of adequate scientific rigor to conclude whether or not recent SOCE do or do not work to change a person’s sexual orientation. 2. Scientifically rigorous older work in this area (e.g., Birk, Huddleston, Miller, & Cohler, 1971; James, 1978; McConaghy, 1969, 1976; McConaghy, Proctor, & Barr, 1972; Tanner, 1974, 1975) found that s exual orientation (i.e., erotic attractions and sexual arousal oriented to one sex or the other, or both) was unlikely to change due to efforts designed for this purpose. Some individuals appeared to learn how to ignore or limit their attractions. However, this was much less likely to be true for people whose sexual attractions were initially limited to people of the same sex.

Although sound data on the safety of SOCE are extremely limited, some individuals reported being harmed by SOCE. Distress and depression were exacerbated. Belief in the hope of sexual orientation change followed by the failure of the treatment was identified as a significant cause of distress 3. and negative self-image (Beckstead & Morrow, 2004; Shidlo & Schroeder, 2002)...

...On the basis of the Task Force’s findings, the APA encourages mental health professionals to provide assistance to those who seek sexual orientation change by utilizing affirmative multiculturally competent (Bartoli & Gillem, 2008; Brown, 2006) and client-centered approaches (e.g., Beckstead & Israel, 2007; Glassgold, 2008; Haldeman, 2004; Lasser & Gottlieb, 2004) that recognize the negative impact of social stigma on sexual minorities 4.2 (Herek, 2009; Herek & Garnets, 2007) and balance ethical principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence, justice, and respect for people’s rights and dignity (APA, 1998, 2002; Davison, 1976; Haldeman, 2002; Schneider, Brown, & Glassgold, 2002)....

... Whereas societal ignorance and prejudice about a same-sex sexual orientation places some sexual minorities 2 at risk for seeking sexual orientation change due to personal, family, or religious conflicts, or lack of information....
Therefore be it resolved that the American Psychological Association affirms that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality regardless of sexual orientation identity;

Be it further resolved that the American Psychological Association reaffirms its position that homosexuality per se is not a mental disorder and opposes portrayals of sexual minority youths and adults as mentally ill due to their sexual orientation;

Be it further resolved that the American Psychological Association concludes that there is insufficient evidence to support the use of psychological interventions to change sexual orientation;

Be it further resolved that the American Psychological Association encourages mental health professionals to avoid misrepresenting the efficacy of sexual orientation change efforts by promoting or promising change in sexual orientation when providing assistance to individuals distressed by their own or others’ sexual orientation;

Be it further resolved that the American Psychological Association concludes that the benefits reported by participants in sexual orientation change efforts can be gained through approaches that do not attempt to change sexual orientation; 5.
Resolution on Appropriate Affirmative Responses to Sexual Orientation Distress and Change Efforts
1. The APA says at the outset that most of the people experiencing sexual distress as of the orientation they do not want are white males. Then they end the paragraph saying "To date, the research has not fully addressed age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, disability, language, and socioeconomic status in the population of distressed individuals." !!

No research has been done on the gender, race or ethnicity of sexually distressed people, but they concluded at the BEGINNING of the paragraph this: "individuals who experience serious distress related to same sex sexual attractions. Most of these participants are Caucasian males.."

2. This also admits there are no studies they abide by, not that they don't exist. The APA just prefers not to believe them because that data doesn't line up with their unbelievably logically-flawed and disturbingly cult-type conclusions at the end of this manifesto.

3. The depression is sourced as treatment failure, not that the person has resolved their distress of orientation. This is the prelude to "you cannot change what was done to you, so learn to embrace it"... (and the great minds at the APA continue to be befuddled at alarming suicide rates among gays even with all that encouragement)

4. This is the bugle-call, "Tell them to embrace it. Tell them what they don't want and are distressed over is something to be proud of instead". That would be like telling a person with OCD to "enjoy washing your hands 200 times a day" (you know, since we failed to cure you, and refuse to entertain any methods or research to try to cure you).

5. This just cements it all together. And JESUS what a spin. This paragraph says "you can achieve the best benefits in ridding yourself of something that distresses you, by just giving up and embracing that which distresses you" So, OCD person who is distressed by checking the locks on all their doors 5 times a night, learn to embrace what you are. You are just "safety oriented". Don't let anyone tell you your distress is abnormal!

Visit the link. You cannot make this stuff up. :uhh: The part in red above is the irony of ironies. the following is their paraphrased conclusion on treating people who don't want to be oriented gay:

"We the APA admit there aren't enough studies done and we are admitting we are ignorant of the actual data pro or con to helping people who are distressed about their sexual compulsions. And we admit that ignorance of sexual orientation is one of the main causes of harm and risk to gay people.

So instead of all that messy data stuff, we're going to skip straight ahead to the conclusion that even though failure of attempts to change and rid themselves of distress is the main cause of depression in these people, we recommend no effort and no research at attempts to change; and instead mentally train the patient to enjoy what causes them distress.

In other words, once you're in, you're in and there's no turning back...so you might as well learn to like it..."

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...
Mayo Clinic 2007
One of the most obvious examples of an environmental factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child. This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”or “abused-abusers phenomena.”5,23,24,46......

why the “abused abusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor, in which the abused child is trying to gain a new identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

Last edited:
But the conversation was about this remember troll-Syriusly?

Here it is, this is the actual thing I was speaking about with the CQR/APA tripe that would have plunged my friend into deeper depression.

Since you are not a mental health care professional- and since you have already told us that your 'friend' never told you anything about his problems, you 'professional' opinion isn't worth the pixels you posted them with.

Since you are not a mental health care professional- and since you have already told us that your 'friend' never told you anything about his problems, you 'professional' opinion isn't worth the pixels you posted them with.
Well, I just post what I see and find out and other people can read for themselves and come to their own conclusions. They can follow the link in my last post and figure out what's going on for themselves.

That's why I always post links to back up what I say. Unlike you.

Well, I just post what I see and find out and other people can read for themselves and come to their own conclusions. They can follow the link in my last post and figure out what's going on for themselves.

That's why I always post links to back up what I say. Unlike you.

Since you are not a mental health professional, and since your 'friend' never even spoke to you of whatever problems he may- or may not have been having- your claim to know how your friend would react is beyond stupid.

Well there are some mental health professionals but their conclusions are dubious at best. Considering the APA is now a cult, or part of a cult I should say..

The APA gets involved in public affairs, promoting its conclusions that aren't arrived at by data, but instead by "audit group think" (CQR).....so why shouldn't the public get involved in APA affairs, promoting its interests there?

(speaking to professional psycholgists who are subject to CQR auditing....or else....) vv

In some instances legislators making policy decisions are not fully experienced in certain areas. Legislators, therefore, rely heavily on the expressed views of their constituents and information provided by experts – such as you. Through constituent letters, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings, legislators learn what's important to the “people back home.” As the legendary Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill often said, “all politics is local.”...

...It may surprise you to know that they not only rely heavily on what the voters think about an issue; in many cases they reach out to constituents who have expertise or knowledge in particular area and ask them for their help. Has that ever happened to you? If so, that's likely because you have been actively involved with grassroots. They know they can reach out to you when they need some assistance with a particular piece of legislation or even in the development of a proposed new policy initiative. In short: Members of Congress and their staff count on your letters and phone calls, your direct involvement, to help them know if they are "on the right track."...

However, no matter how involved you are as an individual, greater influence and impact is gained when large numbers of constituents speak with “one voice.” And how is this best accomplished? It is only possible through organized grassroots activities....

Inaugurated in December 2001, FEDAC is a campus-based nationwide, education advocacy grassroots network established to assist the APA Education Directorate and Public Policy-Education staff with efforts to gain federal support (funding) for psychology education and training. Although it is in its first years of development, when fully completed, the FEDAC network will include individuals representing the full spectrum of psychology education/training (i.e., graduate, postgraduate, undergraduate, and pre-college). The FEDAC network also works collaboratively with other psychology grassroots networks whenever possible and appropriate.

The FEDAC grassroots network is vital to the success of Education Advocacy legislative initiatives (i.e., authorizing and appropriations). Thus, FEDAC Regional Coordinators have been actively seeking to recruit psychology representatives on campuses and training sites in across the nation. Currently, there are over 150 Campus-based Training Representatives (CTRs) at psychology programs and training sites nation wide. Most importantly, these CTRs are promoting and coordinating grassroots activities with their psychology faculty colleagues. P sychologists, students and faculty from hundreds of universities, colleges, professional schools, and secondary schools have the potential to unite and become a powerful voice on Capitol Hill for psychology education and training....

...Bottom line is grassroots activity is critical to sustaining support and gaining a "champion" – someone who will chose your issue as one of his/her top priorities. Thus, identifying psychologists who are willing to meet with their Member of Congress in their state or Washington, DC office is one of the most important aspects of our advocacy efforts....

...When you assist APA with its advocacy initiatives, we provide all the information you will need (e.g., sample letters, talking points, background briefing sheets) — whatever you would need to make an informed call or draft a letter. Further, should you agree to participate in a hill visit, we not only provide all the background materials you need, we also meet with you in advance and accompany you on your visit. So, you see, it's very easy… and rewarding... Grassroots...what s the big deal

Couched under a program of apparent advocacy for just one thing: more funding for APA psychology training, the cult advocates that other issues can be pushed for with "one voice" that you can help keep members of Congress "on the right track" with respect to "your issue"...which you will receive "talking points" on and have a chaperone accompany you on your visit to Congress....to make sure you and Congress stay "on the right track".

It's chilling how cult spread just under the radar...

...Remember, the APA has made it possible for these two lesbians to drug their son with hormones at age 11 "so he can better make up his mind later if he wants to be a girl", without getting arrested, sent to jail and having that poor boy Thomas Lobel removed from the home....as he should be..

They want advocates for their policies...er...um...I mean "funding efforts" (otherwise it might look inappropriate for a scientific organization to be organizing as a political body) in Congress to allow this type of sanctioned/approved child abuse without legal repurcussions for the abusers and most importantly no way of rescuing the child from the abuse. None. For you see, once the APA has spoken, law enforcement has its hands tied.

Boy Drugged By Lesbian Parents To Be A Girl US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum Another poster here asked "why haven't the lesbians been arrested?" in a defiant and brazen tone. S/he asked this question because s/he knows its a rhetorical one. S/he knows sexually-charged child abuse is now institutional (and funded...apparently..) from the government itself which is too busy or doen't care to look at the fact that a scientific outfit HAS NO BUSINESS PROMOTING/LOBBYING FOR NON-SCIENTIFICALLY ARRIVED AT POLITICAL AGENDAS. (See "CQR" at the link)

So, if they can interfere with the general public in such an insidious way, the general public has every right to inquiry into their actions. At the very least I would think a GOP Congress could vote to defund the APA's little special interest gig until they come to heel as an impartial, objective scientific organization that doesn't practed auditing of research papers and researchers themselves...and that the APA remove pressures of any kind towards ALL voices within its ranks. No talking points, no chaperones to make sure people are "on the right track"... Science and data doesn't need chaperones.

Last edited:
Well there are some mental health professionals but their conclusions are dubious at best. Considering the APA is now a cult, or part of a cult I should say..

Yet you feel qualified to make a mental health diagnosis on a man who never even spoke to you regarding his issues.

Because your time with the goats makes you more qualified than those who actually study mental health.

Yet you feel qualified to make a mental health diagnosis on a man who never even spoke to you regarding his issues.

Because your time with the goats makes you more qualified than those who actually study mental health.
His brother wouldn't lie about a dying confession. They are admissable in court too. Unless you're suggesting the way courts arrive at life-changing verdicts is faulty?

/QUOTE]
His brother wouldn't lie about a dying confession. They are admissable in court too. Unless you're suggesting the way courts arrive at life-changing verdicts is faulty?

Like I said-

Because your time with the goats makes you more qualified than those who actually study mental health.[

Like I said-

Because your time with the goats makes you more qualified than those who actually study mental health

Are you bigoted towards those with a farming-orientation? Are you an agriphobe? Are you pre-judging that people who run farms are incapable of intelligent dedution or observation of behavior? I'll tell you a little something dearie, if a farmer isn't intelligent and doesn't have keen skills of observation he doesn't stay in business very long..

Like I said-

Because your time with the goats makes you more qualified than those who actually study mental health

Are you bigoted towards those with a farming-orientation? Are you an agriphobe? Are you pre-judging that people who run farms are incapable of intelligent dedution or observation of behavior? I'll tell you a little something dearie, if a farmer isn't intelligent and doesn't have keen skills of observation he doesn't stay in business very long..

LOL....actually every farmer I know is quite intelligent, which makes me really wonder if you farm- but no farmer I know pretends that they can make mental health diagnosis.

LOL....actually every farmer I know is quite intelligent, which makes me really wonder if you farm- but no farmer I know pretends that they can make mental health diagnosis.

Well I'd love to talk about farms all day on this thread and with post #225, I'm sure you would too. But back to the topic, shall we?

What the Supreme Court should do is go back to all those amicus briefs it got from APA funded "studies" cited in them, promoting homosexuals as "good parents for kids", re-read the OP of this thread, and then read the Prince's Trust survey (the largest of its kind) on the detrimental effects of children missing one of the genders as a role model as they grew up.

Well said and if that information ever became widely known, the Closet would be JAMMED to the rafters.

My neighbor owns farms al over the place... it's a several hundred million dollar business.

She was born and raised on 'the farm' back home in southern Illinois and she is among the sharpest people I have ever met. Very nice, pleasant personality with a quick mind. And I expect that you and she would have a great time together.

And I so wish you could... so you could share with her, all of the advanced sexual abnormality that you share with us.

Because then I could enjoy her telling me about what a sick individual you are... the various presentations of sociopathies, this and that tendency toward what-have-you psychosis. Ya see, she graduated from the University of Kentucky, and in her undergrad work she considered leaving the family business to become a headshrinker, but eventually decided to get her Masters in Business.

I was so tickled when you said Farmers do not make mental health diagnosis... as I have known many farmers and to the individual, they all possessed a keen means to read people. Sizing up whoever it is that they're dealing with, very quickly and very accurately.

But most of their means to do so does not come from formal education. It comes from their understanding of nature. And sissy... I doubt seriously if you'd enjoy a conversation with a Farmer very much... assuming of course that you'd convey to them the rancid hedonism and debauchery that you lay on us.

Ya see in the Farme game, abnormal stock is poor stock... and it is usually reset back to nature in short order and with little to no ceremony and less notice. And that is because without exception, abnormal stock is problematic... and that means greater expense in every conceivable category and that is something that threaten the viability of the farm and the farm provides a living for everyone on it... it's how they eat. Literally dozens if not hundreds and perhaps in the larger farms, thousands of people lives depend upon it.

So, you won't find many farmers advocating for the normalization of abnormality... nor any shortage of farmers making psychological diagnosis.

What the Supreme Court should do is go back to all those amicus briefs it got from APA funded "studies" cited in them, promoting homosexuals as "good parents for kids", re-read the OP of this thread, and then read the Prince's Trust survey (the largest of its kind) on the detrimental effects of children missing one of the genders as a role model as they grew up.

Holy thread resurrections!

More delusional nonsense from Sil.

Holy thread resurrections!

More delusional nonsense from Sil.
yes robin, he's bat shit!

Are you two evangelists afraid that the Supremes will find out your church took over the APA and replaced science with "small samples" and "reliance on words instead of numbers" to come to opinions they publish (and the studies they selectively fund & file amicus briefs upon) for public consumption "as fact"?

That's a great racket by the way: fund only those "researchers" that will submit to your subjective auditing process, discarding facts for dogma; then sell those manufactured results as "hard data" to the High Court. That's a racket that tiptoes on the edge of treason.

Want this thread to disappear too? Maybe start a fake flame war? Or maybe the old one liner spam 6 posts in a row to disappear individual pages? Trouble is you'll bump the thread and they'll read the OP...what to do?

yes robin, he's bat shit!

How do you feel about the OP's description of the new way the APA does "science" since the LGBT cabal took over there in the 1970s and 1980s? You believe in rejecting numbers in preference of how one and one's buddies "feel" the conclusion of a study should be?

Forum List

Back