Federal Aviation Administration seeks employment candidates with "severe intellectual" disabilities, psychiatric problems and other mental conditions

no one is just talking about pilots. Most jobs in the FAA require the need to be proficient and mentally stable.

The offices don't need cleaned? Again, isn't the argument that people should work as opposed to sitting around collecting a check?

So long as they can meet standards. Absolutely not. However they are LOWERING standards so that they can get the jobs.

I am a pilot, however I am old, so I no longer fly as Pilot in Command, I have younger, more capable pilots fly my plane and I act as copilot.

I know my limitations, and act accordingly.

These new hires DON'T know their limitations.

So ask yourself, do you want to fly with a pilot who has thousands of hours on their resume, or someone hired because of their skin tone?

I asked the same thing when I got out-melanin-ed for a job in coronary care in a big hospital -- who do you want on your team when your life is hanging in the balance, someone with years of experience or someone with skin pigment?

I got the delightful feeling of schadenfreude that came when the department heads started having to listen to everyone in the department yelling about how incompetent the person was.

Sad to say, but how is this a surprise?

2023-01-30_17-09-29.jpg
Your date night? Which one are you? :auiqs.jpg:

If you could stick to the topic, that would be great. When sticking to the topic, maybe stick to the facts also.

What is wrong with people getting a job? In thread after thread after thread, that is what is argued that people should do.
If you could get one of the attendants at your institution to assist you with the big words, that would be great. And when doing so, do try to pay attention.

There’s nothing wrong with people getting jobs, you brainless gerbil.

But again, we want people who are actually QUALIFIED for the job to be the ones to get the jobs. We wouldn’t, for example, want a senile demented old pedo-inclined scumbag to serve as President of the United States.

Or the example I offered before —which you are too obtuse to grasp: a firefighter with no arms and no legs to carry you out of a burning building.

Last edited:
If you could get one of the attendants at your maturation to assist you with the big words, that would be great. And when doing so, do try to pay attention.

There’s nothing wrong with people getting job, you brainless gerbil.

But again, we want people who are actually QUALIFIED for the job to be the ones to get the jobs. We wouldn’t, for example, want a senile demented old pedo-inclined scumbag to serve as President of the United States.

Or the example I offered before —which you are too obtuse to grasp: a firefighter with no arms and no legs to carry you out of a burning building.

What jobs specifically are being offered to people not able to perform them?

Apparently the demand for these specific employees stems from the FAA’s "Diversity and Inclusion" hiring plan, which is overseen by Secretary Pete Buttigieg's Department of Transportation.

Potential staff with severe psychiatric disability were one of the primary demographs targeted for employment with the FAA under Buttigieg.

Anyway...

We'd want to be inclusive. What could possibly go wrong?

I don’t. And I didn’t.

But you’re so intellectually dishonest, even the possibility is intolerable to you.

Provide the facts and it could be discussed. Until then it's just Fox News pulling your chain.

Not if they meet the same standards. No, that is not a given.
The standards are set by the Federal government. I don't know where people get the idea that it's even possible to lower the standards just because a candidate is a minority or female.

It's really kind of a stupid position to take if you think about it but this is the constant refrain we hear from those who believe that affirmative action legislates putting less qualified Black people into positions thereby displacing more qualified whites, when what affirmative action actually provides is opportunity to compete and be considered for a position that one is qualified to occupy.

So long as they can meet standards. Absolutely not. However they are LOWERING standards so that they can get the jobs.

I am a pilot, however I am old, so I no longer fly as Pilot in Command, I have younger, more capable pilots fly my plane and I act as copilot.

I know my limitations, and act accordingly.

These new hires DON'T know their limitations.

So ask yourself, do you want to fly with a pilot who has thousands of hours on their resume, or someone hired because of their skin tone?
You're a commercial airline pilot who went from the left seat back to the right?

How can you be a pilot and now know what is required to fly for the airlines?

You're a commercial airline pilot who went from the left seat back to the right?

How can you be a pilot and now know what is required to fly for the airlines?

I never claimed to be ATP. I have several thousand hours in light and multi engined aircraft to include warlords.

I DO however have friends who ARE ATP and they keep me informed on the sorry state of affairs in the aviation industry.

And YES standards are indeed being lowered.

Forum List

Back