Fed gov't set to sue FL over voter purge

I thought Florida was suing.

I thought they were suing the feds for SAVE access...they are being denied access to the federal data banks of immigrants...

btw, state workers have access to SAVE...they use it to determine eligibility of applicants for benefits, and to determine citizenship status.

But the feds are denying florida access, because they don't want them to prevent illegals from voting illegally.

They are. The feds will not help them identify illegal aliens on the voter rolls and those are the ones Florida wishes to purge. Of course, the administration didn't go for that. All states should purge non-citizen voters, as well as the deceased or those who moved to another state. It makes fraud too easy when there are no means of verification.

But the Left says there is no such thing as Election Fraud... Really? So why all the disdain for what Florida IS doing? Unless......... GO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

You have got the simplest mind of anyone on this board.

The state of Florida used old DMV records. Old records. Not the latest records. They also fat-fingered their data entries.

The records are old enough that it is highly likely many of the people in those records have since become eligible voters.

The state is also violating a federal law which prohibits purging 90 days before an election. Florida has a primary in August.

They are. The feds will not help them identify illegal aliens on the voter rolls and those are the ones Florida wishes to purge. Of course, the administration didn't go for that. All states should purge non-citizen voters, as well as the deceased or those who moved to another state. It makes fraud too easy when there are no means of verification.

But the Left says there is no such thing as Election Fraud... Really? So why all the disdain for what Florida IS doing? Unless......... GO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

You have got the simplest mind of anyone on this board.

When dealing with minds that dense, it is not surprising they keep starting the same topics over and over after getting spanked.

I honestly believe they have the memory of a goldfish. It is the only explanation for why they repeat a lie after it has been completely debunked.

DIMWIT: The sky is yellow.

POSTER: Here is evidence the sky is blue. Photos, scientific testimony, etc.

DIMWIT: Libtards don't believe there is a sky. :clap2:

24 hours later...

DIMWIT: The sky is yellow.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/...E4PS.So.56.pdf

It is a crime for Florida to stop what they are doing. It is a crime for the Feds to have delayed the process, and it is a crime to withhold the SAVE database for 9 months to prevent the process from going forward. ww

Seems like the Feds are committing a number of crimes.

Right you just can't name the actual statute they are violating, I get it.
they are not violating any statue. I understand you want it to be true, but in fact, it is not.

I present to you ...

THE LAW

42 USC § 1973gg–6

(2)(A) A State shall complete, not later than 90 days prior to the date of a primary or general election for Federal office, any program the purpose of which is to systematically remove the names of ineligible voters from the official lists of eligible voters.

Right you just can't name the actual statute they are violating, I get it.
they are not violating any statue. I understand you want it to be true, but in fact, it is not.

I present to you ...

THE LAW

42 USC § 1973gg–6

(2)(A) A State shall complete, not later than 90 days prior to the date of a primary or general election for Federal office, any program the purpose of which is to systematically remove the names of ineligible voters from the official lists of eligible voters.

We only have to obey the laws we like. Even if what we do violates an individual's rights.

This is what is known as "states rights". It's right there in the Constitution.

Last edited:

I present to you ...

THE LAW

42 USC § 1973gg–6

We only have to obey the laws we like. Even if what we do violates an individual's rights.

Well all the laws we don't like are unconstitutional, don't you know?

The state of Florida used old DMV records. Old records. Not the latest records. They also fat-fingered their data entries.

The records are old enough that it is highly likely many of the people in those records have since become eligible voters.

The state is also violating a federal law which prohibits purging 90 days before an election. Florida has a primary in August.

So the illegals are allowed to vote in the primary.

No law broken.

That should make you and Holder happy, right?

Google

The 2012 Florida Republican primary was held on January 31, 2012.

They are also disenfranchising eligible citizens. Even the election official of a Republican county is saying so.

This has been proven over and over and over in other topics. But the assholes keep on repeating their lies that only non voters are being purged.

"Well, I just had my ass completely whipped. Boy does my butt hurt. I guess I'll start a new topic and say the same old thing."

How is clearing up the voter rolls disenfranchising eligible citizens?

Because the list Florida is using to purge is not up to date and has eligible voters on it. I've got no problem purging ineligible voters, but the list they are using is so flawed over 65 county elections officials refuse to use it.

Are they just going down their list and removing all those names? I was under the impression that they were actually verifying eligibility by requesting that those in question present their bona fides.

You mean like Immigration laws, DOMA, and laws against intimidating voters?

When it comes not enforcing laws they don't like, the Obama administration has the market cornered.

I would think that any conservative would wish to ensure that all voter rolls, across the nation, were free of tainted and illicit registration data.

But then, that's just the opinion of a life long conservative. Not someone who plays one on an internet forum.

I would think that any citizen concerned with the electoral process as it currently exists would be very interested in cleaning up the voter rolls and moving towards making the process respectable, party affiliation or political leaning being irrelevant.

I present to you ...

THE LAW

42 USC § 1973gg–6

Gravy for the goose...Congress and the pols all over DC only obey laws they like.

I would think that any conservative would wish to ensure that all voter rolls, across the nation, were free of tainted and illicit registration data.

But then, that's just the opinion of a life long conservative. Not someone who plays one on an internet forum.

I would think that any citizen concerned with the electoral process as it currently exists would be very interested in cleaning up the voter rolls and moving towards making the process respectable, party affiliation or political leaning being irrelevant.

I very much want the voter registration rolls to be properly maintained. Very much so.

Fantasy and reality are leagues apart in Florida, though. It is as simple as that. They screwed it up and ejected eligible voters from the rolls. The silence of the alleged "conservatives" at people's constitutional rights being violated is deafening. They seem to be very selective in which rights they defend.

Proper management of voter registration rolls will prevent dead people and illegal immigrants from voting WITHOUT Voter ID. So it is crucial they be properly maintained.

To repeat, they are not in Florida.

Last edited:
I thought Florida was suing.

I thought they were suing the feds for SAVE access...they are being denied access to the federal data banks of immigrants...

btw, state workers have access to SAVE...they use it to determine eligibility of applicants for benefits, and to determine citizenship status.

But the feds are denying florida access, because they don't want them to prevent illegals from voting illegally.

The ‘left’ doesn’t ‘say’ anything – they merely relate the facts:

A recent study by the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice found just seven cases of voter fraud out of three million votes cast in Wisconsin during the 2004 election, a fraud rate of 0.0002 percent.

Despite A 0.0002 Percent Rate Of Voter Fraud, Reince Priebus Claims Wisconsin Is 'Riddled With Voter Fraud' | ThinkProgress

Consequently voter ‘fraud’ is virtually non-existent, as the outcome of no election has been changed due to identity ‘fraud.’

This means Florida is not justified in its illegal purge of the rolls, in addition of being in violation of Federal law.

I very much want the voter registration rolls to be properly maintained. Very much so.

Fantasy and reality are leagues apart in Florida, though. It is as simple as that. They screwed it up and ejected eligible voters from the rolls. The silence of the alleged "conservatives" at people's constitutional rights being violated is deafening. They seem to be very selective in which rights they defend.

Proper management of voter registration rolls will prevent dead people and illegal immigrants from voting WITHOUT Voter ID. So it is crucial they be properly maintained.

Then why, when the state finally begins the process of cleaning their voter rolls, is there such a stink raised by the current administration, and the stink is supported unquestioned by the constituency of the party most likely to profit if the adulterated lists are allowed to stand as-is?

oh bullshit.

Then why, when the state finally begins the process of cleaning their voter rolls, is there such a stink raised by the current administration, and the stink is supported unquestioned by the constituency of the party most likely to profit if the adulterated lists are allowed to stand as-is?

There is only one answer.. the left needs the ilegals to vote to win.

There is only one answer.. the left needs the ilegals to vote to win.

At the rate the Soetoro Administration is going, they will need MORE than the "Illegal's" fraudulent Votes them.

Forum List

Back