Fed gov't set to sue FL over voter purge

Per usual, progressives strive to undermine democracy and legal endeavors to protect it, and object to any activity that will weaken their own illegal and tyrannical death grip on the nation's throat.

They are purging non voters.

They are also disenfranchising eligible citizens. Even the election official of a Republican county is saying so.

This has been proven over and over and over in other topics. But the assholes keep on repeating their lies that only non voters are being purged.

"Well, I just had my ass completely whipped. Boy does my butt hurt. I guess I'll start a new topic and say the same old thing."
They are not. They are following the law and enforcing the proper safeguards for eligible voters.

Read the letter.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/06/18/40/7E4PS.So.56.pdf

Florida's response to the Department of Justice.

Read it and understand why Florida is well within its rights to continue.

Bring on the law suit.

I hope the Feds sue and get their asses kicked in the Supreme Court. Again.
The Obamoids are racking up the losses here. Three times the Supremes have voted 9-0 against them. That includes Obama appointees.
Not only that, the State of Florida should sue the Department of Homeland Security for illegally withholding information in the SAVE database for nine months, creating this conflict to begin with.

why do you want illegals to vote?

I don't. Why do you want to disenfranchise citizens of this country? 67 County Elections officials say this list is flawed. Half of them are Republicans. Why would you want these officials to use a flawed list?

Did you know that Fla. asked the Feds to send their list (supposedly more accurate) and by law the Feds are supposed to send it but so far have refused to send it? What does that tell you?

It does not tell me that they should then use a flawed list. One bad turn does not warrant a worse one.

I don't. Why do you want to disenfranchise citizens of this country? 67 County Elections officials say this list is flawed. Half of them are Republicans. Why would you want these officials to use a flawed list?

Did you know that Fla. asked the Feds to send their list (supposedly more accurate) and by law the Feds are supposed to send it but so far have refused to send it? What does that tell you?

It does not tell me that they should then use a flawed list. One bad turn does not warrant a worse one.
Florida is well within its rights to protect the voters of Florida. This is what they are doing and they are following State AND Federal law to so so. All the proper safeguards are being used. The reality is, the AG's office and the DHS have intentionally set up this conflict in the hopes of allowing ineligible voters to cast votes, negating the legitimate votes of the citizens of Florida.

And they are not checking skin color.

FL should sue for harassment.

I thought Florida was suing.

I thought they were suing the feds for SAVE access...they are being denied access to the federal data banks of immigrants...

btw, state workers have access to SAVE...they use it to determine eligibility of applicants for benefits, and to determine citizenship status.

But the feds are denying florida access, because they don't want them to prevent illegals from voting illegally.

Amazing, isn't it? The Feds stonewalling a request for information that would facilitate FL accomplishing a proper purge according to regulation and now they want to sue the state for not following regs.

Other than that, it's pretty disheartening, knowing that at least one political party in this country has so disenfranchised the citizens that they have to pander to illegals to win an election.

Well an actual bipartisan group of county elections officials think there is something wrong with the purge.

County elections chiefs to state: We won’t resume voter purge program

What are the flaws in this list? Why is the list flawed?

Tells me that the Feds: a) have bullshit list that has no value, b) are stalling in order to set FL up for their stupid lawsuit, c) it's in the current administration's favor to allow FLs voter rolls to continue to be loaded with the usual dem voters (i.e. dead people, people who no longer live in FL, and tons of illegals). Or maybe, all of the above.

Tells me that the Feds: a) have bullshit list that has no value, b) are stalling in order to set FL up for their stupid lawsuit, c) it's in the current administration's favor to allow FLs voter rolls to continue to be loaded with the usual dem voters (i.e. dead people, people who no longer live in FL, and tons of illegals). Or maybe, all of the above.
What it tells Me is that they knew they had no legal recourse to stop Florida, and so want to try to use the 90 day limitation as a backstop to prevent Florida from removing non-citizens from the voter roles.

As I posted on the other thread about this:

Scott is having a temper tantrum.
Yes, he is. And failing to take personal responsibility.

But Perez wrote that Florida has been on notice for eight months that the federal database can only work if Florida provides more information than the name and date of birth of potential non-citizen voters, such as numeric identifiers in immigration paperwork or underlying immigration documents.

“Florida has failed to either to provide the necessary information to DHS, or to confirm that the necessary information would be available for verification purposes under the SAVE Program,” he wrote. “As a result, the significant problems you are encountering in administering this new program are of your own creation.”

Feds, Florida in dueling lawsuits over voter purge | www.palmbeachpost.com

What part of illegal fails to get through? Illegals don't have immigration paperwork or other immigration documents, that's why they are illegal.

Gee, the most politicized racist justice department in history uses disparate analysis to object to a state trying to maintain the integrity of its election process.
Color me shocked.

The law says they aren't allowed to remove names from the rolls 90 days before the election.

Its pretty cut and dry as to whether or not that is violated, it has nothing to do with politics. Either they ARE removing names after the window begins, or they ARE NOT. One is illegal, one isn't.

Do you disagree or do you have some sort of perverted way of interpreting such a cut and dry law?

Gee, the most politicized racist justice department in history uses disparate analysis to object to a state trying to maintain the integrity of its election process.
Color me shocked.

The law says they aren't allowed to remove names from the rolls 90 days before the election.

Its pretty cut and dry as to whether or not that is violated, it has nothing to do with politics. Either they ARE removing names after the window begins, or they ARE NOT. One is illegal, one isn't.

Do you disagree or do you have some sort of perverted way of interpreting such a cut and dry law?

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/...E4PS.So.56.pdf

It is a crime for Florida to stop what they are doing. It is a crime for the Feds to have delayed the process, and it is a crime to withhold the SAVE database for 9 months to prevent the process from going forward.

Seems like the Feds are committing a number of crimes.

They are also disenfranchising eligible citizens. Even the election official of a Republican county is saying so.

This has been proven over and over and over in other topics. But the assholes keep on repeating their lies that only non voters are being purged.

"Well, I just had my ass completely whipped. Boy does my butt hurt. I guess I'll start a new topic and say the same old thing."

How is clearing up the voter rolls disenfranchising eligible citizens?

Because the list Florida is using to purge is not up to date and has eligible voters on it. I've got no problem purging ineligible voters, but the list they are using is so flawed over 65 county elections officials refuse to use it.

Because the list Florida is using to purge is not up to date and has eligible voters on it. I've got no problem purging ineligible voters, but the list they are using is so flawed over 65 county elections officials refuse to use it.

Eligible voters are subject to appeal. They can still cast provisional ballots. This was all laid out in the PDF file posted, had you bothered to read it.

Holder was grilled on the hill again this morning. Senator Sessions asked him about his lawsuit against Florida. Holder just blew him off and went on to answer another question. They called for his resignation again today.. Not happening says HOlder..

Forum List

Back