Fed gov't set to sue FL over voter purge

Why would another thread be needed? Florida is NOT disenfranchising voters.

Should being dead or an illegal alien really disqualify you from your voting rights?

Not according to the DOJ. Once a citizen, always a citizen, dead or alive...and the illegals consider themselves mythical citizens.

They're just residents of one of the additional 7 States. Obama's giant brain had long ago deduced what the next seven will be and he's just waiting for us to figure it out...

People that are in the country illegally, try to limit their interaction with government agencies as much as possible. Because the more contact you have with the government, the more chance you have of getting caught. They only interact with the agencies they have to deal with (ie, DMV, state taxes, federal taxes, etc.). If it is not necessary for their daily survival, chances are they don't do it.

Voting is one of those things that is not necessary for their daily living. So in a nutshell, "illegals don't vote!"

All this BS about illegals voting is just a sham. The real reason for these purges is to get minority voters off the registered voter lists, because they predominantly vote democrat. The reps can't muster up a platform anyone wants, so their not going to attract new voters. And if you can't get new voters, then get rid of the voters who vote for the other guy.

People that are in the country illegally, try to limit their interaction with government agencies as much as possible. Because the more contact you have with the government, the more chance you have of getting caught. They only interact with the agencies they have to deal with (ie, DMV, state taxes, federal taxes, etc.). If it is not necessary for their daily survival, chances are they don't do it.

Voting is one of those things that is not necessary for their daily living. So in a nutshell, "illegals don't vote!"

All this BS about illegals voting is just a sham. The real reason for these purges is to get minority voters off the registered voter lists, because they predominantly vote democrat. The reps can't muster up a platform anyone wants, so their not going to attract new voters. And if you can't get new voters, then get rid of the voters who vote for the other guy.

I'd bet you a lot of them end up registering to vote never intending to do it, thus helping righty with his baseless case. Think about it - you're an illegal in a motor voter state and you're going to get a DL. You see everyone else filling out a form. You fill it out. You barely speak english so you have little clue you just registered to vote, you thought it was part of the driver registration process. You wind up registered to vote but never actually do it because that's a really dumb reason to risk deportation.

:thup:

“It appears that the State of Florida is unwilling to conform its behavior to the requirements of federal law,” wrote Thomas Perez, assistant U.S. attorney general and head of the federal law enforcement agency's Civil Rights Division. ... The significant problems you are encountering in administering this new program are of your own creation."

The Justice Department letter accuses the state of violating two laws. One, the Voting Rights Act, was put in place in 1965 to protect black and Latino voters who had faced poll taxes, literacy tests, alternative voting times or facilities. The law requires five Florida counties, along with a handful of mostly Southern states with histories of voter discrimination, to seek federal approval before changing voting policies or procedures. More than 60 percent of the voters declared suspect in Florida are black or Latino, according to a Miami-Herald analysis.

A second federal law, the National Voter Registration Act, requires states to make efforts to maintain accurate voter rolls. It also forbids states from removing voters from their rolls within 90 days of a federal election. Florida holds a congressional primary in August and the presidential election in November. The 90-day window began May 16, according to the Justice Department.

Well there goes another "toss up" state! Lessee,, now they've sued Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Florida, am I missing somebody? oh yeah,, South Carolina,, North Carolina.

:clap2:

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that the suit against Obamacare originated in Tallahassee, could it???

:eusa_whistle:

I'd bet you a lot of them end up registering to vote never intending to do it, thus helping righty with his baseless case. Think about it - you're an illegal in a motor voter state and you're going to get a DL. You see everyone else filling out a form. You fill it out. You barely speak english so you have little clue you just registered to vote, you thought it was part of the driver registration process. You wind up registered to vote but never actually do it because that's a really dumb reason to risk deportation.
I don't know, even if they don't speak the language, I'm sure they can tell there's a difference between someone standing behind a counter at DMV and someone walking up to you with a clipboard, as you leave.

I don't know, even if they don't speak the language, I'm sure they can tell there's a difference between someone standing behind a counter at DMV and someone walking up to you with a clipboard, as you leave.

And is someone walking up to you with a clipboard some sort of international sign language for registering to vote? I didn't know that.

And is someone walking up to you with a clipboard some sort of international sign language for registering to vote? I didn't know that.
All I'm saying is that it seems to be quite a stretch for someone to mistakingly registering to vote (by thinking it's part of the DMV process), after they concluded their business and left the DMV.

All I'm saying is that it seems to be quite a stretch for someone to mistakingly registering to vote (by thinking it's part of the DMV process), after they concluded their business and left the DMV.

Right because naturally if someone walks up to me with a clipboard of something to fill out in the DMV, I would take that to mean my business with the DMV must be concluded.

Jeez.

And would you find it surprising that the procedure isn't exactly the same as it is in your DMV? Last time I registered to vote while at the DMW the form was given to me with everything else, no one walked up to me with a clipboard at the very end. If I didn't know the language I very reasonably would have concluded it was party of the process of getting my license.

Right because naturally if someone walks up to me with a clipboard of something to fill out in the DMV, I would take that to mean my business with the DMV must be concluded.

Jeez.

And would you find it surprising that the procedure isn't exactly the same as it is in your DMV? Last time I registered to vote while at the DMW the form was given to me with everything else, no one walked up to me with a clipboard at the very end. If I didn't know the language I very reasonably would have concluded it was party of the process of getting my license.
Why would DMV give you a form, that has nothing to do with DMV business?

If FL doesn't want to be sued, then they should follow federal law. Pretty simple, really.

They are.

The ones violating the federal law are the feds.

No, they're not. They are not allowed to make certain changes without federal approval. It's part of the Voting Rights Act.
In those area's you are concerned about, they already have the approval.

You of course, realize that the part of the Voting Rights Act only pertains to 5 counties in the State of Florida? And that the procedures they are using have already been approved?

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Last edited:
If FL doesn't want to be sued, then they should follow federal law. Pretty simple, really.

They are.

The ones violating the federal law are the feds.

No, they're not. They are not allowed to make certain changes without federal approval. It's part of the Voting Rights Act.

Horseshit. They aren't violating federal law. The Holder DOJ isn't the final word on federal law.

right because naturally if someone walks up to me with a clipboard of something to fill out in the dmv, i would take that to mean my business with the dmv must be concluded.

Jeez.

And would you find it surprising that the procedure isn't exactly the same as it is in your dmv? Last time i registered to vote while at the dmw the form was given to me with everything else, no one walked up to me with a clipboard at the very end. If i didn't know the language i very reasonably would have concluded it was party of the process of getting my license.
why would dmv give you a form, that has nothing to do with dmv business?

Exactly my point!

Last edited:
Governor Skeletor doesn't want to stop his purge, but he can't find a county registrar that will do it...even among Republicans.

Link?

I do believe it has already been provided a couple of times in this thread, but since you asked so nicely...

County elections chiefs to state: We won’t resume voter purge program

The 67 county elections supervisors — who have final say over voter purges —are not moving forward with the purge for now because nearly all of them don’t trust the accuracy of a list of nearly 2,700 potential noncitizens identified by the state’s elections office.The U.S. Department of Justice has ordered the state to stop the purge.

Forum List

Back