Fear

When you open the door to Satan? You are opening the door to fear. That is where fear and torment reside.

Weren't you just recently claiming to be afraid that Obama was developing a plan to take over Texas with the jade Helm 15 military training exercises? Many conservatives, who claim to be Christian were expressing fear over it, too.......must be a different kind of fear, eh?

A retired Marine, the county judge has taken part in similar operations and knows the drill — literally.

"I know what's going on with this," Calhoun said Thursday. "You don't have anything to be afraid of in our military."

The two-month simulation, slated to begin in July in states throughout the Southwest, has nonetheless spooked some Texans, leaving local officials scrambling to assuage constituent anxieties about an operation even the military characterizes as unusual in its "size and scope."

Abbott s Letter Elevates Concerns About Jade Helm 15 A Military Training Exercise KERA News

No, you have me confused with someone else. I never said I was afraid of Obama taking over Texas with Jade Helm 15, Mertex.

You might not have said the word "fear" but your post sure sounded like you were reacting like Abbott and other conservatives....with fear!

I believe you are mistaken. Post the link to thread and post # here so we can see what I said, Mertex. Thank you.

I would if I could remember the name of the thread, but I'm not going to go searching for it. If I come across it, I'll be sure and bookmark it. It sure seem like you were very concerned that Obama was planning a take over of the state of Texas....which translates to "fear" when you get down to it.

When you open the door to Satan? You are opening the door to fear. That is where fear and torment reside.

Weren't you just recently claiming to be afraid that Obama was developing a plan to take over Texas with the jade Helm 15 military training exercises? Many conservatives, who claim to be Christian were expressing fear over it, too.......must be a different kind of fear, eh?

A retired Marine, the county judge has taken part in similar operations and knows the drill — literally.

"I know what's going on with this," Calhoun said Thursday. "You don't have anything to be afraid of in our military."

The two-month simulation, slated to begin in July in states throughout the Southwest, has nonetheless spooked some Texans, leaving local officials scrambling to assuage constituent anxieties about an operation even the military characterizes as unusual in its "size and scope."

Abbott s Letter Elevates Concerns About Jade Helm 15 A Military Training Exercise KERA News

No, you have me confused with someone else. I never said I was afraid of Obama taking over Texas with Jade Helm 15, Mertex.

You might not have said the word "fear" but your post sure sounded like you were reacting like Abbott and other conservatives....with fear!

I believe you are mistaken. Post the link to thread and post # here so we can see what I said, Mertex. Thank you.

I would if I could remember the name of the thread, but I'm not going to go searching for it. If I come across it, I'll be sure and bookmark it. It sure seem like you were very concerned that Obama was planning a take over of the state of Texas....which translates to "fear" when you get down to it.

You are mistaken again. Concern and fear are two completely different things, Mertex.

I recall stating that I was not afraid. The opposite of what you recall.

Had you been willing to pull up the thread you would have had to make a retraction on your claim that I said I was afraid of Obama planning to take over Texas with Jade Helm 15 military exercises. I never said that. You said that.

You need to be honest and admit your mistake, Mertex. I'm very disappointed in you for attempting to make this false accusation against me. It's beneath you.

You are mistaken again. Concern and fear are two completely different things, Mertex.

I recall stating that I was not afraid. The opposite of what you recall.

Had you been willing to pull up the thread you would have had to make a retraction on your claim that I said I was afraid of Obama planning to take over Texas with Jade Helm 15 military exercises. I never said that. You said that.

You need to be honest and admit your mistake, Mertex. I'm very disappointed in you for attempting to make this false accusation against me. It's beneath you.

Ahhhh, semantics are your only escape Jeremiah.....pushing a conspiracy is the same as pushing "fear". Concern wouldn't have a Governor gear up the Guard. You can deny it all you want, but conservatives thrive on fear....even though they claim to be Christian.

That's all it is, Jeremiah....fear.

A Republican former lawmaker sent a scathing attack to Gov. Greg Abbott for bowing to extremist fears of a military takeover during training exercises this summer for elite troops.

Abbott, a Republican, ordered the commander of the volunteer State Guard tomonitor Jade Helm 15 military training exercises, which have sparked wild conspiracy theories about martial law, foreign invasion, or the mass detainment of conservative citizens.

Todd Smith, a Euless attorney and 16-year veteran of the state legislature, said he spent a sleepless night worrying about the governor’s order before firing off an angry letter to him, reported The Dallas Morning News.

“Pandering to idiots who believe that U.S. Navy SEALs and other U.S. military personnel are somehow a threat to be watched has left me livid,” Smith said in the letter.

“I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn’t have the backbone to stand up to those who do,” he added. “I’m not sure which is worse.”

Smith admonished Abbott, a former judge, for taking action on the Jade Helm 15 concerns without any evidence to suggest the conspiracy theories are based on reality.

Texas GOP ex-lawmaker schools governor for pandering to idiots who fear Jade Helm 15 military takeover

Until you can find it within yourself to be honest, Mertex, I do not care to have any further discussions with you. You claim you cannot recall the name of the thread? You created the thread, Mertex. How difficult would it have been for you? Here it is. See post #71. As for pushing a conspiracy of fear? Take a look at your title and then have a look in the mirror. You've lost all credibility with me, Mertex.

This discussion is now over.

Texas to be attacked by Military Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Post #71 - my response:

Personally, I would not panic over it - I am not panicking over it - but I am not going to speak to whether others should be alarmed or not. I do find it alarming / something to be concerned over - because it appears to be an attempt to condition Americans to the presence of military on our streets - in our communities - and again - I must tell you that is what is done in 3rd world communist nations - not America. This has never been done prior to Obama being in office so why is it being done now? Military drills were never done within the civilian population. Why now? What for?

Last edited:
The strange leap is you attempting to contort my reasoning to fit your self serving pigeon hole.

It is really very simple, a person should get off their ass, pay attention to what is going on around them, get educated on the issues and be part of the solution.

Hey, you're the one who brought up "goods, services, laws, social programs", as well as "self-centered" --- NONE of which exist or are even suggested in the OP.
yip I did....I was reasoning to the OP.

What the hell is "reasoning to"?

Sorry, each of your posts makes less and less sense. There's nothing in the OP about any sort of materialism. It's about perception. Where you're getting these myriad irrelevant red herrings I have no idea.

Not my problem that you cannot understand, perhaps some remedial training is grade school would do you some good.

Hey, you brought in all these red herrings, you're the guy who can't document 'em. Try dealing with elements that actually exist.
Pogo go back to the re-re class.

Hey, you're the one who brought up "goods, services, laws, social programs", as well as "self-centered" --- NONE of which exist or are even suggested in the OP.

Sorry, each of your posts makes less and less sense. There's nothing in the OP about any sort of materialism. It's about perception. Where you're getting these myriad irrelevant red herrings I have no idea.

Not my problem that you cannot understand, perhaps some remedial training is grade school would do you some good.

Hey, you brought in all these red herrings, you're the guy who can't document 'em. Try dealing with elements that actually exist.

As the ole perfesser sez, if you cain't articulate your point boy, well hit jest might be yew ain't got one.

Until you can find it within yourself to be honest, Mertex, I do not care to have any further discussions with you. You claim you cannot recall the name of the thread? You created the thread, Mertex. How difficult would it have been for you? Here it is. See post #71. As for pushing a conspiracy of fear? Take a look at your title and then have a look in the mirror. You've lost all credibility with me, Mertex.

This discussion is now over.
I post in many threads throughout the day, Jeri, it is not dishonest to say I can't remember the thread where I saw you post your fear which you call "concern". Actually, I was being honest. You're the one that is being dishonest by trying to minimize your concern which has led a Governor of a state, who gives credence to such nonsense, take the action he took.

And, the title of my OP are not my words....but the words of the group of idiots who believe that is what is taking place. Surely you are not that dense to think that I believe that Texas is going to be attacked by the Military....my thread was mocking fun at the very thought.

Texas to be attacked by Military Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Post #71 - my response:

Personally, I would not panic over it - I am not panicking over it - but I am not going to speak to whether others should be alarmed or not. I do find it alarming / something to be concerned over - because it appears to be an attempt to condition Americans to the presence of military on our streets - in our communities - and again - I must tell you that is what is done in 3rd world communist nations - not America. This has never been done prior to Obama being in office so why is it being done now? Military drills were never done within the civilian population. Why now? What for?

Funny, but I find the word "alarming" to convey fear. And where do you get that it is an attempt to condition anybody to the presence of the military? That is also another dreamed up fear.

Alarm Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
n. noun
  • 1. Sudden fear or concern caused by the realization of danger or an impending setback.

I can understand why you don't want to discuss this any further. It is people like you that have made for craziness in politics. I feel sorry for you if you really believe such nonsense, or maybe you and your co-conspirators are only making up this crap to create confusion in the hopes that the saner citizens will fall for it and discredit the government, which so far is a lot better than what conservatives were able to produce under G. W. Bush.

As the ole perfesser sez, if you cain't articulate your point boy, well hit jest might be yew ain't got one.

As life imitates art Pogo doing his best to be the USMB Horshack

I have seen you pull this trollish nonsense with many others here. You even tried it with me once and failed then too.

I have seen you pull this trollish nonsense with many others here. You even tried it with me once and failed then too.

^^ Can't explain his point, blames others.

"A poor workman blames his tools".

^^ Can't explain his point, blames others.

"A poor workman blames his tools".

Sadly, your tools just aren't that sharp Pogshack:itsok: No worries your class is about to begin. Better hurry Pogshak don't want to be late.:D

Forum List

Back